[CoH] Station miners mining one resource to the virtual exclusion of another - serious bug - Improved in a future build.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kayser99
x4

Re: [CoH] Station miners mining one resource to the virtual exclusion of another - serious bug

Post by Kayser99 » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 23:07

Archaeosis wrote:
Tue, 6. Apr 21, 11:27
Mining AI as clearly and succinctly explained above was broken in 4.0 - managers now ignore one or more resources because of crummy mistakes in the AI scripts.

Unfortunately a number of vocal people including several moderators in the community are pretending it's not broken, writing essay-length posts about how all the issues are because of laughable user error by ignorant players neglecting to do this or that, not placing enough mining probes which are broken and frankly unpleasant additions to gameplay even if they worked as intended, etc. This is a frustrating distraction and wastes everyone's time.

I worry that Egosoft actually believe their new mining gameplay update is excellent and are ignoring these reports, while people like FenrisWolf are having to do their jobs and go in and fix the silly but really rather simple AI script errors that Egosoft should have fixed halfway through the beta. It doesn't even look particularly difficult so I can only think Egosoft don't bother because they believe it's not broken.
Same issue here just searched this topic thought i was the only one..., future wharf complex is gathering Ore, Silicon, Hydrogen just fine...but all 13xM and 2xL miners (gas/solid mix) are ignoring Methane(2nd on list of mineable items for station miners).

New start 2d 22hrs(im sure 60% of this time is Alt+Tabbed trying to websearch why something isnt working on my new start). Since ive been gone for about 2 years with only 4.0 as im holding out on Split and CoH DLC until core game bugs/ QoL issues are sorted, at this rate i suppose im just waiting for Star Citizen 3.13 to drop and ill go back there...i can't deal with the tedium and web searches to get info coz in game sources are non-existent to play a game. Ive tried...if there was some kind of a warning or tip pop up to tell me in game why AI is not working for mining would be great...we can only dream.

Modded save:
1) Removed manager - Re-hired
2) i have slapped on 3xPAR L Container Storage, 2xArgon L Solid Storage, 4xArgon M Solid Storage, 3xTEL M Liquid Storage, 3xArgon L Liquid Storage, 2xArgon L Container storage (to see if its a faction storage issue?!)
3) all product lines are close to 2hr or 5hrs of resources left of production and improving
4) Modules present: 4xSmart chip, 2xMedical Supplies, 2xAntimatter cells, 2xFood production, 2xGraphene, 2xRefined Metals, 3xEnergy Cells
5) 3xArgon L Habitat, 3xEDock capital dock and 12xM ship docks, my ships and capitals dock easy with no apparent access issues
6) Station requires 10mil credits i have given it 15mil credits to cover "costs"
7) 24 sectors explored so far with 120+ resource probes, probably the same if not more satelites in majority of sectors
8 ) trade rule limiting any purchasing of raw material just my own ship deliveries are allowed, and auto amount purchases/ pricing or cheap doesnt matter. ( i am a bit confused on how this works though, ill just go web/ Forum search some moar yay)

Still no Methane mining happening just Hydrogen...so Graphene production is dead...ill try building modules for graphene demand (budget is tight), but then there is no antimatter cells demand so why is it getting hydrogen...

Edit 1: I have added more Argon L Solid/ Container/ Liquid storage 2 modules each, i have added demand for graphene(methane) with hull parts...still no methane mining...i have tried to manually increase storage allocation, and i have also added a new Gas Helium (3rd on the list of mineables for my station ships to mine) this is for superfluid coolant, and helium mining is working fine...they still ignore Methane in my case. Weird they skip Methane to rather mine a newly added gas to the production line-up.

I have also added about 10 more resources probes in adjacent sectors, they refuse to mine whats number 2 on the mineable orders list.

Edit 2: Instead of trying a miner mod, i have resorted to buying 4 new gas miners that use repeat orders to mine "ignored raw material" in my case methane, at this point repeat orders is working, however i will monitor as i have sent them to a 6.5 KM3 zone in The Void, so unless the averages start impacting them and they start mining depleted zones, it seems to be a work around for the bug.

Edit 3: They are now ignoring the newly added helium gas too, and solely focused on mining hydrogen only, so both helium and Methane being ignored. I suppose ill create repeat orders for some of the miners to get helium only now.
Last edited by Kayser99 on Sat, 10. Apr 21, 11:41, edited 4 times in total.

VincentTH
x4

Re: [CoH] Station miners mining one resource to the virtual exclusion of another - serious bug

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 08:22

We just need Egosoft to acknowlege that there is a problem with mining, and I would be happy!!! As I see it, miners only mine up to 2 minerals (Water and Ore, ignoring Silicon for my case).

I have tried having a separate station that mines silicon only & increase the storage amount, but it __kind_of_works, except that for the life of me, I can't make the repeat order (buy from Silicon Mine station, sell to HQ) to work. I have tried various price and amount to no avail. The trade ship just buy from the Silicon mine, but can't sell to the HQ. The HQ have plenty of credit and (container) space for Silicon Wafers, but the ship just quickly loop around buy and sell order without actually doing any trading (after the initial buy from the Silicon mine).

Also, just out of curiosity, everywhere buying and selling from and to the player's stations never involve price and payment, but the Loop command insists on having the correct price for it to work? I wish there is a button (or better yet, the script recognize it automatically) that says this is intra trading, and as such requires no money involved.

[EDIT]
I thought that someone has provided a save game for the devs to look at this problem, but here is my saved game, just in case.
Last edited by VincentTH on Sat, 10. Apr 21, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.

Kayser99
x4

Post by Kayser99 » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 11:04

VincentTH wrote:
Sat, 10. Apr 21, 08:22
We just need Egosoft to acknowlege that there is a problem with mining, and I would be happy!!! As I see it, miners only mine up to 2 minerals (Water and Ore, ignoring Silicon for my case).

I have tried having a separate station that mines silicon only & increase the storage amount, but it __kind_of_works, except that for the life of me, I can't make the repeat order (buy from Silicon Mine station, sell to HQ) to work. I have tried various price and amount to no avail. The trade ship just buy from the Silicon mine, but can't sell to the HQ. The HQ have plenty of credit and (container) space for Silicon Wafers, but the ship just quickly loop around buy and sell order without actually doing any trading (after the initial buy from the Silicon mine).

Also, just out of curiosity, everywhere buying and selling from and to the player's stations never involve price and payment, but the Loop command insists on having the correct price for it to work? I wish there is a button (or better yet, the script recognize it automatically) that says this is intra trading, and as such requires no money involved.
Is Silicon your number 2 mineable ware on the commander mine order instrution, my number 2 ware is methane which they are ignoring? nvm i read you saying its number 3.
Repeat orders of 4 dedicated miners for methane and "selling" to my player owned station has worked, i agree with you, that having cash to "buy" from your own staff or workers is confusing, must be a reason for it. As i have a trade rule exclusion that nobody can sell raw material to my station except my own miners, this would not be necessary if we did not have to buy raw material from our own miners needing a cash float for those "buy" orders. My station needs a cash float of 20mil credits to buy Silicon, Ore, Hydrogen, Helium and Methane (cheapest buy prices)...would love to use that cash on something else.

Imuniser
x4

Post by Imuniser » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 20:16

VincentTH wrote:
The trade ship just buy from the Silicon mine, but can't sell to the HQ. The HQ have plenty of credit and (container) space for Silicon Wafers, but the ship just quickly loop around buy and sell order without actually doing any trading (after the initial buy from the Silicon mine).
Trade ships do not have a solid cargohold; just container (for finite goods).

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 20:50

Imuniser wrote:
Sat, 10. Apr 21, 20:16
VincentTH wrote:
The trade ship just buy from the Silicon mine, but can't sell to the HQ. The HQ have plenty of credit and (container) space for Silicon Wafers, but the ship just quickly loop around buy and sell order without actually doing any trading (after the initial buy from the Silicon mine).
Trade ships do not have a solid cargohold; just container (for finite goods).
I think I miswrote what I meant.

There are 2 problems:
(1) Mining appears to only mine the first 2 items on the Solid list. This is the main topic of this thread.
(2) People like me, work around the problem by splitting the Silicon mining into a Separate Silicon mine (whose SOLE product is the Silicon Wafer and it is NOT a Solid type product). Then I use Repeat Order to send the Silicon WAFER to the HQ. This does not work either, as the ship -- after the initial buy - keeps looping between Buy and Sell order without doing anything. I have tried various prices, add more fund to the HQ, etc... to no avail either. Manual buy and Sell of Silicon Wafer between the Silicon mine and the HQ works, but tedious, and that proves that it is neither a storage nor a price problem. (See my save game posted above).

If either of the 2 problems is solved, I would be happy :-)

[EDIT] Problem #2 is solved by having some 20M CR in the receiving station.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 18:52

I believe I have understood the problem. I hope that the devs have come to a solution to address this problem, and at least an acknowledgement that the problem has been addressed should suffice to calm the mob.

Here is how I understood the problem:

Say I have a station with 3 items to mine: Hydrogen, Methane and Helium in the order that the station components were placed in the build.
For example, I started with a station which requires Hydrogen, then after assigning miners to the station to deliver Hydrogen, I add another module which require Methane, then finally I add a module that require Helium. The same Algorithm/problem applies to Solid resources.

There are 3 problems that I observe (No, I don't read the codes, as that would destroy my enjoyment of the game :-) )
(1) The station would assign ALL miners to mine the first entry (Hydrogen), and until it is full of Hydrogen, it won't mine anything else.
(2) When Hydrogen is almost full, (say 270K full, save 30K of Hydrogen), a full L size miner would deliver the 30K of Hydrogen and contirnues to mine Hydrogen).
(3) If a miner is full of Hydrogen, and the station storage is full of Hydrogen, it got stuck. I now can manually drop all Hydrogen from her hold and restart the mining process. Chances are if there are some 10K of free space allocated to Hydrogen, the miner would continue to mine Hydrogen (problem described in #2).

Now if I also lower the station's storage of Hydrogen, and then empty the gas miner's hold, then and only then does it switch to the next item to mine (namely Methane). Rinse and repeat for Methane, when Helium is starved.

(4) If a miner has Methane and Hydrogen in her hold, and that the current job is to mine Methane, it should also deliver the Hydrogen, even though its current task is to mine Methane.

I believe a random toss of a coin after a miner has delivered her hold, or determine the need at that time would solve the problem.

Save game (look for the Silicon mine in Frontier Edge. Helium is desperately needed, but all miners mine Methane instead). Same problem for Silicon at the HQ, which forced me to spin off the Silicon mining, but then the problem just migrates to the Silicon mine.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 19:52

j.harshaw wrote:
Wed, 7. Apr 21, 16:58
Thanks for the report and the save.

I couldn't reproduce the issue with your saves, but have managed to get a save that did exhibit the issue. Should be improved in a future update.

That said, since it didn't happen with your save, i can't rule out a different case being in play.
Confirm that the issue in the save in the post above this one is the same as the issue that was earlier found and fixed.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 20:23

j.harshaw wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 19:52
j.harshaw wrote:
Wed, 7. Apr 21, 16:58
Thanks for the report and the save.

I couldn't reproduce the issue with your saves, but have managed to get a save that did exhibit the issue. Should be improved in a future update.

That said, since it didn't happen with your save, i can't rule out a different case being in play.
Confirm that the issue in the save in the post above this one is the same as the issue that was earlier found and fixed.
Thanks, this makes my day!!!!!

Kayser99
x4

Post by Kayser99 » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 11:04

VincentTH wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 18:52
I believe I have understood the problem. I hope that the devs have come to a solution to address this problem, and at least an acknowledgement that the problem has been addressed should suffice to calm the mob.

Here is how I understood the problem:

Say I have a station with 3 items to mine: Hydrogen, Methane and Helium in the order that the station components were placed in the build.
For example, I started with a station which requires Hydrogen, then after assigning miners to the station to deliver Hydrogen, I add another module which require Methane, then finally I add a module that require Helium. The same Algorithm/problem applies to Solid resources.

There are 3 problems that I observe (No, I don't read the codes, as that would destroy my enjoyment of the game :-) )
(1) The station would assign ALL miners to mine the first entry (Hydrogen), and until it is full of Hydrogen, it won't mine anything else.
(2) When Hydrogen is almost full, (say 270K full, save 30K of Hydrogen), a full L size miner would deliver the 30K of Hydrogen and contirnues to mine Hydrogen).
(3) If a miner is full of Hydrogen, and the station storage is full of Hydrogen, it got stuck. I now can manually drop all Hydrogen from her hold and restart the mining process. Chances are if there are some 10K of free space allocated to Hydrogen, the miner would continue to mine Hydrogen (problem described in #2).

Now if I also lower the station's storage of Hydrogen, and then empty the gas miner's hold, then and only then does it switch to the next item to mine (namely Methane). Rinse and repeat for Methane, when Helium is starved.

(4) If a miner has Methane and Hydrogen in her hold, and that the current job is to mine Methane, it should also deliver the Hydrogen, even though its current task is to mine Methane.

I believe a random toss of a coin after a miner has delivered her hold, or determine the need at that time would solve the problem.

Save game (look for the Silicon mine in Frontier Edge. Helium is desperately needed, but all miners mine Methane instead). Same problem for Silicon at the HQ, which forced me to spin off the Silicon mining, but then the problem just migrates to the Silicon mine.
Editing my lengthy edited post up top is probably not needed anymore seeing as issue was identified and getting a fix, i found a forum thread showing which sectors has the most of every raw material in game "spoilers" so i won't mention the system but Helium and methane was getting ignored by my ships, but as soon as i dropped around 20 resource probes in those "super sectors" identified with sector numbers per resource my player owned miners started mining Helium and methane normally so now all resources are equally mined including original hydrogen.
viewtopic.php?p=4912256#p4912256

So the higher overall everages theory of each resource in sector seems to work, the AI appears to target sectors 1st with the highest overall level of that resource, BUT if u have not found the super sector yet they ignore mining that resource.

eminet
x4

(4.0 HF3) Stationminer focus on one ore

Post by eminet » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 14:54

Greeting,

I have the probleme that my Stationminer overfocus on one ore. In one station that hast ice, ore and silicon, they will only mine ice until the station ist full and only occasionally mine the other ores.
The second station with ore and silicon, here they only mine ore up to full storege and only mine silicon once out of evey so trip.

I tryed to manually sell the ice/ore, or drop the cargo from the miners. Because they deliver 10 to 50 silicon, while the rest of there storege is full with ice/ore. But after a short while they are back like before.

For info, I have many resourceprobes in the vicinity.

Im sorry for my english, i hope it is understandable nonetheless.

My Save:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nRYpdU ... sp=sharing

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 15:11

Merged with existing reports. Please note the developer responses.

Takichi
x4

Post by Takichi » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 01:28

Imperial Good wrote:
Mon, 5. Apr 21, 22:50
Takichi wrote:
Mon, 5. Apr 21, 17:00
If you check my save you see that i do have Probes in each sector my miner can reach. And for me they Focus only on Ore even in Asteroid Belt, they ignore Silicon for 90% of the Time even with Probes which sho 4km³ or above in Silicon. Even droping a Probe with 14km³+ doesnt change that, its definetly a AI Problem here. Nice you try to find a work around but that is basicly the same as using a "1 Solid/Gas Ressource Only" Station. Its ok as Workaround but shouldnt be the solution.
I also notice in your save the following problems.
  • Silicon is not restricted trade. As such if NPCs are fulfilling it you cannot make a fair statement that it is not being supplied.
  • The station has far too little solid storage. Running at full speed it empties storage in under 20 minutes from full. Getting stations to work with such small buffer times is near impossible from personal experience and so I would recommend 3 to 5 solid storage modules for over an hour of production worth of input.
  • A lot of your miners are low skilled. Low skilled miners are painfully slow, especially without resource probe in the zone they are mining. Even with all non assigned miners assigned to the station and mining silicon they struggle to mine it fast enough.
  • Due to a lack of resource probes miners are saturating the same highly mined locations result in them effectively being idle. This also seems to be discouraging silicon mining. Resource probes encourage mining in the local area, or not mining in the local area if the zone is low yield. Resource probes also give a bonus to mining speed in the zone they are in, important for Silicon due to how slowly Silicon mines.
What I did was assign all the non assigned miners to the station, add 4 more L solid storage modules to the station, restrict silicon to self trade, and then get a scout ship to spam resource probes in Asteroid Belt everywhere I see 2 or more mineral miners operating. After doing this the computronic substrate factory was mining both silicon and ore as needed, was running all 6 modules constantly and overall was struggling to keep up with Energy Cell usage. When all Energy Cells were depleted I stopped playing.
1) Interessting i didnt know that they dont care about Ressources, even if they cant fill the Storage currently there..... (and no even with NPC supply my Storage never even came close to more than 20% for Silicon)

2) That shouldnt matter because Miners use Station Manager Lvl for Range and therefore should use anything else.

3) Lack of Probes? What Sense does it have to do 20 Probes in 1 System, they are a mean of "Mine Here" and 20 of them kill that Purpose.... they should work with only 1 Probe if it has a good/better Value as 1 or so.

Anyway thank you for the Information, it helps me to understand the Problem.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [CoH] Station miners mining one resource to the virtual exclusion of another - serious bug - Improved in a future bu

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 10:53

Takichi wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 01:28
3) Lack of Probes? What Sense does it have to do 20 Probes in 1 System, they are a mean of "Mine Here" and 20 of them kill that Purpose.... they should work with only 1 Probe if it has a good/better Value as 1 or so.
They increase the speed at which silicon is mined within 40km by close to 100%. They also allow miners to avoid mining depleted spots nearby.

LandogarX4
x4

Re: [CoH] Station miners mining one resource to the virtual exclusion of another - serious bug - Improved in a future bu

Post by LandogarX4 » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 16:05

Imperial Good wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 10:53
Takichi wrote:
They increase the speed at which silicon is mined within 40km by close to 100%. They also allow miners to avoid mining depleted spots nearby.
First time I hear about that, and I follow the forum and reddit pretty closely. To me, that means you do have to spam resource probes everywhere, since my miners mine anywhere in a sector, not just around (a dozen or so) well placed resource probes.

Takichi
x4

Post by Takichi » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 13:40

LandogarX4 wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 16:05
Imperial Good wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 10:53
Takichi wrote:
First time I hear about that, and I follow the forum and reddit pretty closely. To me, that means you do have to spam resource probes everywhere, since my miners mine anywhere in a sector, not just around (a dozen or so) well placed resource probes.
Yeah also first time i hear that... Bernd said they are meant as a way to communicate your Minners "Mine here this Spot is good" and that they arnt meant to be spammed for hundreds over hundreds in the Galaxy.

Cobra117
x4

Post by Cobra117 » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 11:48

I have the same problem with my self-sufficient wharfs (300+ modules each). Station managed miners gather one ressource at the expense of others, so the station is full of ice and runs out of ore and silicium. I get the exact same problem in Matrix 9 and GE1. Adding L miners doesn't help. Most miners hang around with a full load of ice while the station is full already.

The workaround I found is to switch a few miners (I started with 20% of them) to Repeat Orders. This way I know for sure that they mine what is needed, and they deliver to the station. So far, with both systems I have less shortages (and more micromanagement because I gradually increase/decrease the amount of miners dedicated to one ressource until I get the required supply)

Repeat Orders also allows to spread miners around and avoid ressource depletion (I suppose...)

Gregorovitch
x4

Post by Gregorovitch » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 15:07

I wanted to update this thread with another example, a case study if you like, which can be seen from this save:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2wibcpwgpl04 ... ml.gz?dl=0

The situation relates to a supply chain I've set up with an ore mining station in Gaian Prophesy harvesting ore and silicon in Antigon Memorial and shipping it to a computrinic substrate factory in Neptune.

As can be seen the computronic substrate factory is currently bereft of silicon and so is the ore station in Gaian Prophesy. Conversely they are both stuffed with ore. The ore station miners are currently mining silicon. But immediately previous to this save point they were all mining just ore, hence the glut or ore and the shortage of silicon. However they were not always doing that. As the transaction log for the computronic substrate factory shows silicon has been mined and delivered previously.

The conclusion is therefore that the ore station is putting all it's miners on ore and then putting them all on silicon resulting in wild fluctuations in the supply available to the computronic substrate factory and continually interrupted production.

The bottom line is this will not do. It is clear that whatever is done to solve this problem the result must be that this ore station in Gaian Prophesy divides it's miners between ore and silicon according to a) how much is needed and b) how fast it's being mined. One way or another, buy hook or by crook, the station manager AI must balance it's miner's mining task allocations to reflect the actual throughput/outgoing/consumption pattern/whatever you want to call it of the station and the speed with which the miners are harvesting the respective resources.

In this case the result should be approximately half the miners being put on ore and half on silicon continuously (which is why I think it's a good case study, it's easy to see what the incontrovertibly "right" answer must be) because:

a) the yields for ore and silicon in Antigone Memorial are roughly equal
b) the computronic substrate factory in Neptune consumes 18k of each resource per hour
c) the computronic substrate factory is the ore station's only customer.

A further mandatory requirement is that in the event the station manager hasn't got sufficient miners allocated to fulfill total demand then it scales back miner allocation to each resource proportionally. This is necessary in order to answer one simple question, the answer to which is manifestly impossible to answer in the current situation with this save:

How many L miners do I need to allocate to the Gaian Prophesy ore station in order to supply 18k ore and 18k silicon to the Neptune computronic substrate factory on the hour every hour?

Zamiex

Post by Zamiex » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 16:34

Having a similar issue in my current game after building a very silicon hungry TER shipyard.

The station requires these base materials:
Methane
Hydrogen
Helium
Silicon
Ore
Ice

My observations:

When assigning mineral miners directly to the station they seem to prioritize ice and ore, eventually they will fill up the absolutely huge storage assignment for both of these and then try to mine silicon in the tiny amounts left in their holds.
When assigning Gas miners directly to the station manager ( I just have 3) all is fine for some strange reason...all gasses get mined and storage is never skewed in favor of a single material :gruebel:.

My current workaround is to assign mineral autominers to neighboring sectors and the local sector to spread the mining love and limit their trade to my faction and the selling sector to where the shipyard is in (luckily I have no other stations in said sector or this would become more difficult)
This has worked wonders for my storage levels for ice, ore and most importantly silicon as I can indirectly decide how many miners mine what resource. (1 on ice, 8 on Ore and 10 on Silicon) seems to keep my levels rising at least, but will see if I have to tone down the number of miners in the long run.

Somehow as stated in earlier posts I think the manager AI is not splitting the gathering of these base resources properly at least for minerals (as stated before, for some reason liquids are never a problem even with station managed miners :sceptic: )

Personally what I would like to see is one of 2 things:

1: Maintain Station control of miners but:
Stations that require resources need to have at least 1 miner for each of said resources and they are assigned exclusively to this resource.
Taking my example shipyard above, I would need a minimum of 3 gas and 3 mineral miners for the station to be able to operate fully.
The added benefit of this is that miners wont 'pollute' their hold with materials that might be overflowing from the storage already.
Downside is of course you HAVE to invest in more ships to get big stations operational, but lets be honest if you're building stations of that size , a few extra miners wont matter.
If more than 1 miner per resource is required this should either be determined by the AI based on something MAX consumption level or preferably manually determined by the player (THINK!), only problem I see here is when the station is modified I'm suspecting the manager AI isn't taking those changes into account. Not to mention changes caused by possible AI miners if allowed, inventory allotment, etc.

2: Give more control to players (my personal preference and most fool proof imo).
Manual control of assigned miners on what resources they can mine and how many sectors they are allowed to go for said resources.
Currently when an miner is assigned to station its set to 'automine' for ALL resources and will travel to the max distance your managers' skill allows.
Being able to at least limit/force the resources being mined would help heaps as it simply prevents pollution of miner holds (multiple resources mined when one is already full in storage while other is empty) and ensures there is at least a steady income of said resources.
it will be up to the player to determine if 1 miner is enough or not of course for a given resource (I'd say this would apply to the THINK part of the X games :D )

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”