"Mine for Commander" of station Not Working

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Wegadin

"Mine for Commander" of station Not Working

Post by Wegadin » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 04:04

When I assign miners to the commander of the station, they go back and forth and do not mine anything.

1. Yes, I have satellites, probes, etcs in the asteroid belt. The station has all containers, factories, etc. I can literally offload ore and helium manually, but the Mine for commander function does not work.

2. No, the game is not modded. Vanilla, terran and split DLC.

3. Yes, I have turned on Seta and they still do nothing, but if I tell them to auto mine the sector, they work fine.

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: "Mine for Commander" of station Not Working

Post by CBJ » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 09:27

Please provide a savegame. Without one, our guess is a good as yours as to what is happening.

babudje
x4

Post by babudje » Wed, 14. Apr 21, 20:15

I had a similar problem. I had set in the global settings a restriction for activities (player information > global orders) a restriction for activities. After I removed it the auto trader began working.

I did not thought that this rule should have an influence on that trader but maybe I overlooked something.

FrankMintor209
x4

Post by FrankMintor209 » Wed, 14. Apr 21, 23:18

I have the same issue except they keep mining for a resource that is 100% full. If I have a refinery that is needing Ore, Silicon, Hydrogen, Methane, and Helium, the station will send the miners to mine one of the type of resources and will fill it up and not switch to another. So in this case I have a few miners stuck with Hydrogen in their hold, the refinery has Hydrogen at 95%+ full, but Helium and Methane is below 15%.

I empty them and they keep going to get more Hydrogen after a little more mining the others. Seems to be an issue after the v4.0 release.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 14. Apr 21, 23:31

Again, without saves demonstrating the problems you say you are having, there's not much we can do to help.

FrankMintor209
x4

Post by FrankMintor209 » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 00:50

Link below is my save file.

Look at stations Family Zhin Refinery 001, Family Zhin Refinery 002, Rhy's Defiance Refinery 001, and Rhy's Defiance Refinery 002.

I was adding more miners to it to see if that will help, but it is annoying to have to add more ships for something that was running fine before v4.0. I hope it helps and let me know if the link to the save isn't working.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 10:22

@FrankMintor209 Just looking at the state upon loading the save, mining subordinates of Family Zhin Refinery 001 are in various stages of their process: going out to mine, mining, delivering resources. What exactly did you want looked into?

FrankMintor209
x4

Post by FrankMintor209 » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 14:44

Let it run for about a day, I have gone back and forced those stations subs to drop the Hydrogen only to come back 8ish hours later to see most of them stuck with Hydrogen. The stations will have Hydrogen near full, but Methane and Helium near empty stalling production.

The new updated file is after I forced them to dump the Hydrogen and gave them some more time. I also added a few new miners to see if that will help, but the other 6 gas miners for Rhy's Defiance Refinery 001 all have Hydrogen again with two which has some Methane, but mostly Hydrogen. It is like they don't have logic to switch to the other resources until the first one is completely full where before the mining update, they would switch to the lowest filled resource. It is a reason I started to build single resource stations.

Updated file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j9EE6q ... sp=sharing

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 15:36

Thanks for the clarification.

That sounds more like symptoms reported in this report:

viewtopic.php?f=180&t=436488

That issue has been fixed. You should get it in a future update. Do you have any cases where, as the OP mentions, ships only move and do not mine anything?

FrankMintor209
x4

Post by FrankMintor209 » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 15:44

I think you are right with that other post.

I don't see then the same issue as the OP without more info from them.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”