Fate of the Yaki bugged/can't complete

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nukesnipe

Fate of the Yaki bugged/can't complete

Post by Nukesnipe » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 02:13

So there I was, merrily going about my day doing stuff when I basically tripped into Yaki space. I figured, while I was there, might as well finish it, right? So I dock, talk to the lady with the mask and then Haile tells me about the amplifier. I fly over there and figure, hey, I'm here, I have an Osaka, I'm a Terran apologist sympathizer, giving some desperate cyborg pirates control over the Xenon isn't a good idea, right? So I blow it up right then and there. Haile joins my fleet, I get his cool corvette, and I figure that's it!

Later on, I hear that you can get a free Syn by working for Delilah. So I go and talk to her and she's got something for me. Covert Operations? Sure, why not. I finish that and wonder to myself, where the heck is my free Syn? Turns out it has nothing to do with Covert Operations! I can't talk to Delilah to report on the Yaki, and I think my save is stuck. I've talked to some people that said they could still report to Delilah after blowing up the amplifier, so I think it's a bug. Unfortunately I don't have a save anymore, this was well over a week ago. And it's not too big of a deal, I'm ramping up my own ship production right now, would've just been nice to have a freebie Syn, y'know?

Any ideas how I can fix this, if I can at all?

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Fate of the Yaki bugged/can't complete

Post by Gimbutz » Wed, 14. Apr 21, 01:38

If Haile joined you, that means that the mission is over and you've missed your opportunity to report back to Delilah.

In the situation you've described, that shouldn't have happened though. Could you upload your save and link it here so that I can attempt some archeology?

Nukesnipe

Re: Fate of the Yaki bugged/can't complete

Post by Nukesnipe » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 19:45

Gimbutz wrote:
Wed, 14. Apr 21, 01:38
If Haile joined you, that means that the mission is over and you've missed your opportunity to report back to Delilah.

In the situation you've described, that shouldn't have happened though. Could you upload your save and link it here so that I can attempt some archeology?
I talked to someone who said he did it almost exactly the way I did it (blew the station up immediately and got Haile) but still managed to report back to Delilah and got the Syn. And like I said, this was a while ago and I didn't realize I did anything wrong, so I hadn't saved before that mission and ended up saving over any slots from then. So, unfortunately, I have no save to provide, sorry. this is my most recent save.

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Fate of the Yaki bugged/can't complete - Save needed.

Post by Gimbutz » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 12:34

I've taken a look at your save, and the script seems to believe that neither you nor any of your assets were involved in the destruction of the Amplifier. That kicked off a chain of script actions with the result that the mission (seemingly correctly) skipped ahead to the conclusion where you've simply let nature run its course instead of personally getting involved in the conflict.

Do you remember what exactly happened while you were blowing up the Amplifier? Was there another faction's fleet involved?

Nukesnipe

Re: Fate of the Yaki bugged/can't complete - Save needed.

Post by Nukesnipe » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 17:47

Gimbutz wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 12:34
I've taken a look at your save, and the script seems to believe that neither you nor any of your assets were involved in the destruction of the Amplifier. That kicked off a chain of script actions with the result that the mission (seemingly correctly) skipped ahead to the conclusion where you've simply let nature run its course instead of personally getting involved in the conflict.

Do you remember what exactly happened while you were blowing up the Amplifier? Was there another faction's fleet involved?
Oh yeah, definitely. I remember going through that sector by pure accident because autopilot decided flying my Osaka through a few Xenon sectors was worth it because it was moderately faster than going through safer territory. I basically just tripped into finishing that mission. Killed the ambush, flew over to the Yaki base, talked to the boss and Haile and he told me to follow him to the Amplifier. I did so, he talked about it and I started blasting with my Osaka. About halfway through, the Yaki chick started talking about something I couldn't make out since the Amplifier exploding was really loud. There was nobody else there except for Haile and his hilariously named squad of fighters. By the way, that was a fantastic touch, Rowboat Gorillaman had me rolling.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”