[COH] Build Method Universal vs. Terran

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nflszhu
x4

[COH] Build Method Universal vs. Terran

Post by nflszhu » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 13:54

Hi,

Just want to seek clarification on what exactly is the difference between the Universal vs. Terran build method? Originally, I thought all commonwealth ships/equipments could only be built with commonwealth wares while all Terran ships/equipments use Terran wares only. However, when I tested with my shipyard by flipping it from "Universal" to "Terran", all of a sudden all ships waiting in queue started building, most if not all of them commonwealth ships. Note that before I flipped the build method, the shipyard is running low on Hull Parts, Smart Chips, Advanced Electronics, Scanning Arrays, etc. but has full stock of Terran shipbuilding wares.

Let me know if a save is needed. Thank you!

chip56

Re: [COH] Build Method Universal vs. Terran

Post by chip56 » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 15:23

Some things are common wealth only or terran only: Weapons, Shields, the hulls of those ships for example.
Others however can be build with either one: Thrusters or drones. Generally the Common shared stuff thats the same for anyone.

So if you have not enough to build a ship fully commonwealth style but enough to build the "fixed stuff" with commonwealth ressources and enough terran goods for thrusters, drones and so on you would start building those ships.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”