[CoH] Save got modified flag

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Armankessilon
x4

[CoH] Save got modified flag

Post by Armankessilon » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 16:56

Hi, using latest build 4.00 HF3 (434806) - 2021-04-01.
Did not install any modifications.
This morning i had no modified flag. Left the game running and went to work.
In the evening I got connected and all my gamesaves got modified flag.
Can we do something about it? I did not modify it. Clean game via Steam. Can I send you my save for verification? I have no clean saves left and that's a shame.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [CoH] Save got modified flag

Post by CBJ » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 17:11

Are you saying that you overwrote all your saves with the new one that's showing as modified? Don't confuse a modified client with a modified save. If your client is showing is modified then saves that you load and save again will be modified, but saves you don't load will just remain as they are - unmodified.

I suggest you start by running a full file verification using the Steam (or GoG) client, to make sure your client isn't modified. It may also be worth setting the game folder as an exclusion for your AV software, so that it can't interfere with the verification process that allows the game to check for modifications. Once you've done those things, you'll be able to see which of your saves is actually modified. There's nothing we can do about any that are modified, but hopefully you'll have some recent ones that aren't.

Armankessilon
x4

Post by Armankessilon » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 19:25

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 17:11
Are you saying that you overwrote all your saves with the new one that's showing as modified?
Client is not modified.
Client: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... .19.23.png
After I load the game: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... .14.35.png
And no, I don't have any "clean" saves left. They all turned to be modified. They were not when I left my house, but then I connected via TeamViewer to my PC and found out all saves gone modified.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 22:58

Saves cannot 'go modified' on your drive. If they were vanilla on the drive when they were saved, then they are still vanilla now. If your game is incorrectly saying they are modified or that your installation incorrectly becomes modified after loading them then that would probably be a quite different issue with a few possible causes outside of the game. You can upload and link a save here directly from your save folder (one that you definitely think should be unmodified) and others can check it for you.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Armankessilon
x4

Post by Armankessilon » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 06:24

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 22:58
Saves cannot 'go modified' on your drive. If they were vanilla on the drive when they were saved, then they are still vanilla now. If your game is incorrectly saying they are modified or that your installation incorrectly becomes modified after loading them then that would probably be a quite different issue with a few possible causes outside of the game. You can upload and link a save here directly from your save folder (one that you definitely think should be unmodified) and others can check it for you.
Ok, here it is: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/f8H8/e35yyE7xd
Check it please.

P.S. Ran game integrity check. Something was wrong, one file is downoloading. I'll make you know if this caused the problem
P.P.S. No, it is still modified. So please check it.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 12:19

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 22:58
Saves cannot 'go modified' on your drive. If they were vanilla on the drive when they were saved, then they are still vanilla now.
In theory a save could become "modified" should the save file become corrupted. This would usually be a sign of a more serious issue with the underlying hardware or drivers as file corruption should be highly improbable.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 18:31

"In the evening I got connected and all my gamesaves got modified flag." The fact that all their prior saves became shown as modified at the same time makes file corruption of the saves themselves fairly unlikely. I suspect the issue lies with a 3rd party app or setting or perhaps within the game installation; it seems that even the verify function found issues with that part.

The save you linked above seems to be vanilla on my system.

If you don't have an Antivirus app doing real-time file checking or some sort of compression or encryption on the drive used for the saves then this is sounding much like it needs a clean game uninstall, manual game folder deletion and then reinstall.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Armankessilon
x4

Post by Armankessilon » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 07:52

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 16. Apr 21, 18:31

The save you linked above seems to be vanilla on my system.

If you don't have an Antivirus app doing real-time file checking or some sort of compression or encryption on the drive used for the saves then this is sounding much like it needs a clean game uninstall, manual game folder deletion and then reinstall.

OK, thank you. I will reinstall my game then.

bagmenot
x4

Post by bagmenot » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 13:42

As there is censorship on my previous message, without answer, I repost it without "abusing the swear filter"

Your modified flag is a huge regression, this is the same kind of defective by design game choice you did when restricting X4 Rebirth to the single ship Albion Skunk.

Please only verify that the submited ships in other universe have vanilla structure and no modifications on them.

This feature betray people that started a playthrough before 4.0 version and used mods, all my savegame are flagged as modified because of this verification process...

You can cheat gold with only looking for value + 00 as 8 bytes integer in cheat engine and get infinite money.

You can cheat reputation by uncompressing a copy of savegame while game is in pause and look for faction booster value as float.

You can reach +30 by shooting a criminal ship ingame to only pass these marks :
-11: -0.0127
+09: +0.0099998
+19: +0.099998
+29: +0.99998

Why waste the time of people who try to improve your game with this "feature", defective by design, we don't want and need it.

You may already have invincible fleet, infinite money, reputation without modifying the game and remain undetected.

Please only reject sending modified ships to other universes and support on modified game !

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 13:49

This still isn't a matter for Tech Support, but to give you a simple answer: no.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”