Can't complete mission, please advise

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MrUp
x4

Can't complete mission, please advise

Post by MrUp » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 19:56

This is the Antigone Trade Guild mission to find 4.4 ICE in "Second Contact II Flashpoint'
The Auto Pilot takes me to empty space, I've still dropped Resource Probes there anyway... nothing found.
Nearby, I've found 4.4 ICE in several places as well as various lesser amounts. The mission continues to say the amount is insufficient.

Here is a screenshot. My ship is shown were the auto pilot sends me and I've highlighted one of the Resource Probes that shows 4.4 ICE found.
Please advise.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... B57FF542D/
“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” ― douglas adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Can't complete mission, please advise

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 22:38

The problem is in the rounding of the decimals. The mission might want you to find 4.39 and rounds it up to 4.4 for the briefing display. Then the probe you drop finds 4.37 and rounds it up to 4.4 for the probe display - but that is still not enough for the mission.

This is a well-reported issue and the devs might do something to improve these missions in the future (such as maybe using the LR Scanner to show high yield resource volumes, for example).

Keep looking; you don't have to stay in the volume of the indicated sphere and don't forget the up and down dimension.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

MrUp
x4

Post by MrUp » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 23:16

Since then I've dropped another 4 and each has found some ICE, although not beyond 4.4
I'll keep dropping them.
Thanks
“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” ― douglas adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul

MrUp
x4

Post by MrUp » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 00:19

That worked.
Thanks!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”