[CoH] Station Traders unwilling to sell products

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RedFlashyKitten
x4

[CoH] Station Traders unwilling to sell products

Post by RedFlashyKitten » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 19:03

Hello everyone,

For CoH I came back to X4, super stoked. Started a new save and eventually decided to fiddle with stations. Now I do encounter a really annoying bug (?) where my station traders are not selling wares. My savegame is attached, but let me describe my setup:

I have a complex with a small number of production modules going from basic goods to claytronics. Since the basic production models arent balanced out yet, they produce a ton more than is needed for the creation of claytronics, which is fine for now. I added a handful of S-class traders to sell the produced goods and assigned them to the station. I feel like they worked initially, too, but I recently noticed that theyre idling around wherever they traded last, "searching for trades". Today I started up X4 after some angry away-time and, to my pleasure, found them trading initially - until they sold their first sets of wares, after which they stopped again, "searching for trades".

The station is set to buy only from my faction, sell orders are all set to automatic. I have tried to set them to the lowest price possible, to no success. I bought a trade subscription from the Teladi (complex is situated in Grand Exchange), so outdated trade offers shouldnt be an issue either. The station manager is 5-star (or close to it anyway), and one or two of the S-class pilots are three star, albeit that shouldnt matter anyway. Can anyone tell me what the heck Im doing wrong here? Its getting kinda annoying, I invested a ton of money into that station and its working at a fraction of what it could do.

The savegame in question:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bjzufzlw ... ml.gz/file

And some more info:
4.0 English (German but switched to English)
Vanilla
PIO Start (Project Genesis IIRC)
It occurs in my one complex for now. I dont have traders on other stations yet, it kinda discouraged me
No relevant changes (Well admittedly I upgraded my system gradually over the past months, but that wont have any impact I think)
No other additional symptoms yet
Can provide dxdiag if necessary, doubt it will help here tho.

Could this be a bug?

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Edit: I saw elsewhere that theres a bug where managers try to gather resources for cargo drones first. I had them set to 0 (as they are in the save IIRC) and I have also tried with maintaining 5. The problem persists even if those 5 have been built.

RedFlashyKitten
x4

Re: [CoH] Station Traders unwilling to sell products

Post by RedFlashyKitten » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 10:31

Are there any Infos missing or is this bug just unexplainable? Not trying to sound like a dick, but this is kinda game ruining for me...

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 07:57

RedFlashyKitten wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 19:03
Edit: I saw elsewhere that theres a bug where managers try to gather resources for cargo drones first. I had them set to 0 (as they are in the save IIRC) and I have also tried with maintaining 5. The problem persists even if those 5 have been built.
It is not a bug but an intended feature. Traders will fixate on drone parts first. If this feature is effective is another question...

It does not just apply to drone parts but also wares the station consumes. If storage is too low the traders will fixate on getting those wares over sell. You can see what wares are being fixated on by looking at the order tab of one of the subordinate traders. If it is listing all sold products then it should be trying to sell. If it is listing just a single product that is low in storage then it is likely fixated on buying that product.

Common causes of this would be trying to run the station below its recommended operating budget, or without enough supply of the needed input materials. With too little operating budget it might not fill input storage enough for them to stop being critical. With not enough input material being available the station will fixate on trying to buy that ware until output storages are full, production stops and the input fills up enough to no longer be critical. For single product stations falling short of input product does not matter as the traders will average out selling everything, however for multi product stations it can potentially cause other production lines that are not input limited to stop working and so lose production cycles when the storage overflows.

RedFlashyKitten
x4

Post by RedFlashyKitten » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 23:39

I dont think any of these is the issue here though. Wares are stacked and I already tried with setting target drone count to 5 and had them buy all the goods to produce them. Once there were 5 drones there traders still didnt sell.

It could be advantagous if someone could take a look at the savegame, it should be easy to see there.

epic09

Post by epic09 » Wed, 8. Nov 23, 00:45

I'm sorry this is a little late but station traders don't sell, they supply the station they are posted at but they don't sell at all. This is working as intended.
If you want the wares at another station then put the traders in that other station and make sure the prices are right so that they can buy them. Otherwise just add more docks so other factions can dock at your station and trade goods there. The AI seem to send far more medium ships than large so build as many M docks as you can.
The only other suggestion would be getting traders to autostrade the particular stock you are selling and have the sector with the station as their base sector. If the prices in your station are low enough they should always buy from there and sell elsewhere at profit.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”