Problems with stalled ships after 4.10 went live - Due to modded game.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zebai
x4

Problems with stalled ships after 4.10 went live - Due to modded game.

Post by zebai » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 16:05

When 4.10 went live I loaded the game and found a large number of my ships were just stalled. On the ships that were in transit I could just edit their orders and "remove" the the top most order and then they would instantly get back to operation but ships that are already docked I cannot force remove the Dock orders or get them to undock. I can manually take control of the ship and undock them but it still doesn't get rid of the Dock command the ship is essentially dead and cannot receive AI orders. If it was just my ships I might be able to deal with this but a significant amount of NPC ships are also idle now and I can't fix their orders at all. I've spend today and yesterday scouring the forums for any similar problem and found nothing. Does any one know of a way to fix this en masse?

If you look at the screenshot all ships that are impacted are "None" under current orders and nothing you order them to do will change it if they docked at the time of the patch.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c1EKsF ... sp=sharing

Artean
x4

Re: Problems with stalled ships after 4.10 went live

Post by Artean » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 16:38

zebai wrote:
Wed, 15. Sep 21, 16:05
When 4.10 went live I loaded the game and found a large number of my ships were just stalled. On the ships that were in transit I could just edit their orders and "remove" the the top most order and then they would instantly get back to operation but ships that are already docked I cannot force remove the Dock orders or get them to undock. I can manually take control of the ship and undock them but it still doesn't get rid of the Dock command the ship is essentially dead and cannot receive AI orders. If it was just my ships I might be able to deal with this but a significant amount of NPC ships are also idle now and I can't fix their orders at all. I've spend today and yesterday scouring the forums for any similar problem and found nothing. Does any one know of a way to fix this en masse?

If you look at the screenshot all ships that are impacted are "None" under current orders and nothing you order them to do will change it if they docked at the time of the patch.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c1EKsF ... sp=sharing
Mods?
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 16:39

Is your game modded?

If you want the devs to have a chance of investigating what is happening and perhaps finding a solution then a link to a vanilla save showing the issue is pretty essential.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Flashand
x4

Post by Flashand » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 17:52

actually all they have to do is load a save game from their own systems and it will show the same thing i had to go and move every single one of my ships, and they still dont trade with their master station

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 18:14

@ Flashand: That probably will not happen as the devs usually will not address an issue that they do not have a reliable method of quickly replicating - mainly so that they can focus their attention and time where it is most effective to do so. Even the OP mentions 'a large number of my ships' and not 'all ships', so there is an element of investigative guidance needed in the report.

You would think that with that serious an issue in vanilla 4.10, there would be more than 2 posters reporting it?

zebai
x4

Post by zebai » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 21:11

sigh..i knew you were going to say something about mods. I have quite a few of them and after disabling all the mods that I can without breaking the save and loading a 4.0 save fresh it seems to be fine. So my questions to fellow x4'ers if you have the same problem perhaps help figure out which mod is breaking my game? I'm not looking forwarding to turning them back on one by one.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Problems with stalled ships after 4.10 went live - Due to modded game.

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 22:00

You may well have to do just that unfortunately. Anyway, mod discussions and diagnostics do not belong in this forum but should continue in the S&M forum.

This is a good example of *why* the devs usually don't react to reports that don't have a reliable vanilla replication.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”