Boron derelict ship, Into the unkown mission

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ligator
x4

Boron derelict ship, Into the unkown mission

Post by Ligator » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 20:21

Boron derelict ship, Into the unkown mission is totally impossible to solve. I have wasted almost 1,5 hours cirkulating this damned ship and cant find the way in. Pls let us finish this quest somehow without having to find this supposed crack in this ship.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Boron derelict ship, Into the unkown mission

Post by CBJ » Fri, 21. Apr 23, 16:24

You've not really provided us any information that would enable us to offer you any relevant advice. Other people have completed the mission, so we're going to need at least a savegame showing how far you've got and an explanation of what you've tried, in order to be able to see why you're having so much trouble with it.

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Fri, 21. Apr 23, 17:25

Ooops, it is a mission ship :?: :gruebel:
My Scout found a strange ship in the new Boron Sector, i think it was a Boron Miner. A Marine took it for me.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 21. Apr 23, 17:31

There are two - one to progress the mission (a wreck basically) and the other adds some fluff and it can be restored for the player (that miner).

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Therem

Post by Therem » Fri, 12. Apr 24, 21:54

One year later, I resurrect that topic (not sure if necromancy is an issue in this forum).

I have the same problem, I can't find any entrance, I can't find anything that can be repair with the space suit repair tool, I can't scan anything, I can't send marines.

Here is a video in case it helps: https://streamable.com/9g9bft

I found on Google people mentioning sending marines, I didn't managed to find a button to do it. I think it's a variant of the quest with a small mining ship.

Also, some people mention 2 ships, but I only found that giant ship.

What am I missing ?

EDIT: I spent 3 days trying, and a few minutes after making the post, I actually found the second ship ... It was very far away, on the north side while the big broken ship was at the south side. There was no guiding quest marker, random system exploration found it https://streamable.com/zluxgm

It's very confusing that there was a quest indicator "Repair > Repair Panel" on the large broken ship while there was actually nothing to do there. No indication about searching for another ship randomly at the other side of the sector.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”