Exit Code 1061

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tgsutterby
x4

Exit Code 1061

Post by tgsutterby » Tue, 9. Jan 24, 08:43

I need help to figure this out. X4 closes after just a couple minutes. It just freezes and closes and gives me exit code 1061.

I'm playing X4 Foundations with all 4 available DLC's and no third-party game mods. I played the game without problems yesterday, shut the PC down last night, turned it on today and X4 just freezes no more than a couple minutes after being opened then takes me to a page that says Exit Code 1061. I made no changes to anything other than playing my game and saving it. I did however notice that sometime yesterday a Microsoft Edge update was installed, but that's the only change to anything on the PC that I found.

I usually play my game with graphics setting no higher than medium because I prefer smooth functioning over graphics and my PC isn't exactly top of the line, but I don't usually have any problems running anything on it.

DxDiag and Vulkan
https://file.io/ZdkTJNPL3Bp3

I have uninstalled Steam, X4, GEForce Experience, all games I had installed as well as launchers and any other game related apps or programs. I then deleted all remaining files, restarted, then reinstalled all of it fresh and the same problem persists. It's frustrating why does technology insist on doing this? Why can it not just work correctly? Anywho, any help you can offer would be appreciated, I'm craving some game time and have been trying to figure this out all day. Also, please don't just tell me to uninstall my graphics card driver because I really don't know how to do that without crashing my whole computer. I need instructions lol.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Exit Code 1061

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 9. Jan 24, 14:42

From the X4 Wiki Exitcode table: "1061 EXITCODE_RUNTIME_LOST_DEVICE The issue occurred because the game ran into a lost device condition and failed to restore the device." More details and a request from Egosoft for further information are here.

I tried to look at your DxDiag to see if your graphics driver and hence Vulkan were up to date, but the link just says the information has been deleted.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”