On foot camera tracting NPCs face in conversation

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Calzin
x4

On foot camera tracting NPCs face in conversation

Post by Calzin » Mon, 18. Mar 24, 04:14

Is there a way to stop the camera from following the NPCs faces around when they are moving, they tend to keep moving their heads around in a box like shape (sometimes with multiple NPCs in screen in unison). The camera following the mid part of their face is making my highly motion sick, I have had no problem flying, and I've never gotten motion sick before this, but something about how the on foot camera keep swaying on conversations is making me very ill. Is there a work around to fix this?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: On foot camera tracting NPCs face in conversation

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 18. Mar 24, 10:04

The camera focus is probably held on the head/mouth, as would be the case in real life. I suspect it couldn't change without significant reprogramming that might then make it seem odd to other players. Also the devs don't much like making things optional, as that often causes unforeseen issues too.

What might help in your specific case when you have these uncomfortable conversations is to try switching to a 3rd person/behind player camera view.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: On foot camera tracting NPCs face in conversation

Post by Nanook » Mon, 18. Mar 24, 16:19

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 18. Mar 24, 10:04
The camera focus is probably held on the head/mouth, as would be the case in real life....
I don't think anybody moves their focus like that in real life. Most people turn their heads slowly to face a different person talking, or simply move their eyes that way. I find those ingame convo's very annoying, too, so I generally have to look away from the screen to avoid them. The worse one to me is the one between Dagobas and the other pilot right after you dock on the Tidebreak. I don't get airsick or seasick, in general, but that conversation made me queasy. :roll:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”