X4 [6.20 (511811)] Any Station Elevator Inoperable after a revisit to Trader.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

vroque101
x3

Post by vroque101 » Sat, 13. Apr 24, 06:13

Current Version 6.20 (511811) English Duh...
GPU Driver: 'NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070' NVIDIA-driver v551.86.0 (Vulkan 1.3.277)
Link to files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drive_link
See files in my link ... debug with both saves loaded.
Previously Modified game. New games also have this issue.

I have experienced this soo much it ruins the game for me.
If i visit a trader that I have been to on any station more then once.
The elevator locks out. No longer selectable.

When on a station, When I reselect a trader I have visited. It takes me to the trader and then...
1. The door animation will play twice one is slightly delayed. Open (Open door then open door milliseconds later. overlapping 2 doors appear in 2 different places.) ultimately opening.
2. The panel disables, and is no longer selectable. It propagates to other elevators if you walk to a different one and use it. if you then walk to it again because the traders elevator doesnt work. It will then be disabled.
Causes Comm events to stop progressing pressing M exits the comm event. Breaks campaigns and plot events. Reload again fixes this until you do it again.

I have seen on v6.00 that the traders order gets jumbled. meaning if i went to trader 3 trader 3 is no longer trader 3 in the list.
On 6.2 error still occurs.

Good Guess: You are loading the Stations Trader location for player. It issues an open door. Then you load the state player "enter" calls open door again... then door opens again but your update disables the panel (bad flag in player state).
or someone assumes a flag should be 1 and it should set to zero.

OR: the Load Stations Trader loads the state as disabled.. but its saved or executed after player state "enter" is processed. Disabling the door panel.

Guess: I'm guessing its code wise saying you arrived and then left and temporarily disabling the door. only it never re-unlocks the elevator.
OR: You are doing something twice and its changing the state to the wrong value.

Waiting doesnt fix it. Entering and leaving doesnt fix it.
The only fix teleport to new or the same station. If you by mistake goto a trader you went to already it locks out again.
Only fix for Comm dialogs. save and reload the game.

I have confirmed that this happens with no mods installed. 6.2 no dlc
I have confirmed this happens brand new game. 6.2 no dlc
I have also re verrified the game files.
This is an easy bug fix. Please look at this.
This need to be addressed someone help me? I have spent a lot on this game.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”