[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Apostolis78
x4

Re: [WIP - MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 0.4

Post by Apostolis78 » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 00:08

BlackRain, I downloaded 0.3 and the moment I either add an NPC captain or I buy one through the upgrade menu and then promote to captain I lose ownership of the ship. Didn't happen with 0.2 can you make the NPCs stop stealing my stuff plz? :)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 01:02

Apostolis78 wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 00:08
BlackRain, I downloaded 0.3 and the moment I either add an NPC captain or I buy one through the upgrade menu and then promote to captain I lose ownership of the ship. Didn't happen with 0.2 can you make the NPCs stop stealing my stuff plz? :)
Err i can’t see how that would happen and it didnt happen to me lol

Apostolis78
x4

Post by Apostolis78 » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 01:28

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 01:02
Apostolis78 wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 00:08
Err i can’t see how that would happen and it didnt happen to me lol
Hmmm, could be that the beta patch is responsible, I'll revert to 1.32 and test again tomorrow. Thank you for your efforts.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 01:33

I haven’t tested with 1.5 but still cant see how that would happen...

Hasteric
x4

Post by Hasteric » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 01:34

I played with your mod for a little while (two or so hours with the vast majority being SETA), and here's some observations:

- Xenon are definitely more numerous, but they still have yet to take out a single (!) HOP ship. There's about 7 K, 5 P and some small ship wrecks around the gate they're invading from, but the rather pitiful ~12 HOP Theseus' have held off pretty impressive invasions without taking any losses. Note that this was OOS as I was sat in my "home system" (the same as yours) looking at my engine part factory.
- I have satellites on the HOP / Argon and HOP / PAR borders. Both saw no action in what is roughly equivalent to 6 game hours. The HOP fleet bordering the Argon is absolutely absurd with probably over a dozen destroyers. The HAT side has one or two behemoths and little else patrolling it.

I'm not sure if it's just an out of sector thing, but Ks and Ps do at most 10% of a fighter's shield in damage before going down (even though the "going down" process takes five minutes or so), which is ridiculous. It's almost like they're not properly armed. I haven't really been in sector for their incursions. Fights between my small group of Nemesis' and the occasional P invasion in my home sector have gone fine, with my 3 nemesis' usually just about losing shields before the 2 Ps go down.

I'm guessing my damage issues might have more to do with game bugs than your mod, but factions still don't seem to want to go to war, which is a shame. I've had similar results on both 1.5 and 1.32.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 01:55

OOS combat issues is not something I have touched but I have observed OOS fights before in my game and they weren’t nearly as bad as you are describing. Will have to pay attention more. As for wars, I didnt edit the parts thay decide when to go to war but every faction has a high desire and such to go to war so they should be fighting. There might be reasons they are canceling their invasions before they begin or something. Or maybe they dont fee they have enough ships to invade. Dont forget that not all ships necessarily are used for invasions. Each faction has some large fleets only meant for defense. Anyway, keep posting observations and I will keep tweaking and maybe eventually go deeper into the scripts. There is just too much work still going on by egosoft and too many bug issues to really know what’s going on or what they might change. I will see about increasing quotas or something.

Hasteric
x4

Post by Hasteric » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 02:08

I'm not sure how in-depth the OOS combat mechanics are. Maybe the specific match-up of Ks versus fighters just ends up favouring the fighters as the capital ships are "missing" their shots?

But yeah, I'll play around some more.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 02:14

Hasteric wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 02:08
I'm not sure how in-depth the OOS combat mechanics are. Maybe the specific match-up of Ks versus fighters just ends up favouring the fighters as the capital ships are "missing" their shots?

But yeah, I'll play around some more.
Are you using the changes i made to turrets and such? Or did you delete that folder? I mean, OOS combat shouldnt really have issues with turrets missing. There should be many calculations involved but it should take damage values and such into account. It might also take crew skill into account

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 04:03

Something I will try looking into tomorrow:

<set_value name="$MinimumStrength" exact="$SubordinateStrengthTable.{class.ship_xl} * 2"/>

I wonder if we set this to a higher minimum if more ships will be involved in an attack?

Alandauron
x4

Post by Alandauron » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 05:55

Any plans so far to make any changes to the "research" in X4? Currently it seems very simplistic with no pre-requisites except lower tiers of research. I can imagine having types of stations required, types of ships owned, etc. Mostly just curious if it's something that has received any consideration or if it feels irrelevant to you at this point, thanks.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 07:13

In addition to capital ships just not boosting... Would you be able to make small and medium ships not boost unless shield is over 50% (unless withdrawing)? It's kinda annoying in the middle of combat that they just wreck their own shields all the time...
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

Kalantris

Post by Kalantris » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 08:58

Hasteric wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 01:34
- Xenon are definitely more numerous, but they still have yet to take out a single (!) HOP ship. There's about 7 K, 5 P and some small ship wrecks around the gate they're invading from, but the rather pitiful ~12 HOP Theseus' have held off pretty impressive invasions without taking any losses. Note that this was OOS as I was sat in my "home system" (the same as yours) looking at my engine part factory.
HOP are absolutely insane and their xenon gate is probably the safest place in the whole galaxy. The fleet they keep at their Argon border is borderline insane. I can't get my SETA engine in this save (missing the flux), tried everything including camping Xenon gates. I tried HOP and they just wreck the Xenon like mad, but when I moved to the southern Telari gate I had to move in, couldn't hold the line. Telari were just bleeding ships too, losing not just fighters but destroyers as well. I pushed my frigates in, deep into the Xenon system and hid within their asteroid field, where I could use rocks for cover. Man, I just saw two destroyers cruising into the field wrecking the asteroids as they went right in front of my nose. Epic.

But HOP? Nah, whatever went through this gate just instagibbed for some unbeknown reason. It completely changed once I moved into Faulty logic and two wings of HOP fighters followed me. I pushed deeper in towards a couple destroyers waiting at the gate and they turned around and went behind it, where the trash resided. When I was around to see the fight they lost one entire wing and almost all of the other one fighting a couple Xenon P ships. There might be some misscalculation in the OOS combat for the HOP. I don't see those two wings doing anything to a destroyer and HOP didn't even keep their own destroyers near the Xenon gate, they moved them all towards Second Contact. I was eagerly awaiting an invasion, but no luck yet :(.

adzipp

Post by adzipp » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 09:03

argon_emperor wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 07:13
In addition to capital ships just not boosting... Would you be able to make small and medium ships not boost unless shield is over 50% (unless withdrawing)? It's kinda annoying in the middle of combat that they just wreck their own shields all the time...
That's would be awesome if it's possible

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 09:18

adzipp wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 09:03
argon_emperor wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 07:13
That's would be awesome if it's possible
The whole shield = boost mechanic sucks!

Reaper507

Post by Reaper507 » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 09:23

1. BlackRain, could you write changelog for new versions in the first message, pls?

2. Could you separate your mod on two parts: jobs changing and other things?

V 0.4 has weapon fixes. It means we cann't use your mod with this one: Shields and Weapons balance overhaul. I want to be able to choose... Pls, don't do All-in-one.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 09:43

Reaper507 wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 09:23
1. BlackRain, could you write changelog for new versions in the first message, pls?

V 0.4 has weapon fixes. It means we cann't use your mod with this one: Shields and Weapons balance overhaul. I want to be able to choose... Pls, don't do All-in-one.
If you don't want to use FCOW's weapon changes, literally just delete the "assests" folder inside FCOW's folder.
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 11:35

Reaper507 wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 09:23

1) the changelog is always put into the second post, what’s the difference if i put it into the first?

2) I am not separating the mod at this time

3) I already explained what to do if you dont want the changes. I don’t know what else I will do in the future but potentially I may change a lot of things. My concern is not compatibility with other mods sorry.

laser50
xr

Post by laser50 » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 13:07

Nice mod! I have tested it and noticed Xenon building ships like crazy.

Although looking through the files, it looks like there can only be 1 carrier, and some wings/setups are pretty minimal.
Resulting in even with the mod, Xenon build like crazy but we barely find them anywhere but their own sectors camping the gates.

perhaps some values could do with another small increase? (For example I set the max of carriers to 2-3, gave some ships more subordinates and generally bigger wings & more lone units), I hope it may trigger the stupid factions to finally build ships.

Sirilius
x4

Post by Sirilius » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 13:07

I’ve been enjoying the surge in xenon activity in my new game with 0.4v

Xenon P is still quite anemic, even with the M turret changes. Their turret placements are poor though.

Not had a chance to fight other medium ships to see how I would fair in a fighter.

The shields feels like it is at the correct spot with fighters. The shorter delay between regen feels good for dogfights. AI boosting all their shields is still an issue unfortunately:( I dunno if you can change anything about that.

Keep up the good work. This mod has made my latest play very enjoyable.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 13:41

Should be able to change fighter boosting behavior, will look into it

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”