[MOD] Nopileos' True Fortune v1.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Do you like slowly-rotating asteroids

Poll ended at Thu, 8. Aug 19, 22:49

Yes : Please make every asteroid in the game like that.
21%
Yes : Please make all medium and large asteroids rotate slowly, but small ones a bit faster.
36%
Yes : But leave the rest of the galaxy alone.
14%
No opinion
29%
No : Please restore the regular rotation speed in the Nopileos system
No votes

Total votes: 14

LegionOfOne
x4

[MOD] Nopileos' True Fortune v1.5

Post by LegionOfOne » Sun, 9. Jun 19, 06:16

Changelog :
- v1.5 : Added new gamestart, and further divided by two the density of asteroids in the Nopileos system. After testing, I liked it.

This mod overhauls the asteroid field of the Nopileos System, to make it the best homebase a player could wish for.

The system now contains vast quantities of every gas and mineral (except nvidium, which is not used in production).
The number of asteroids is reduced by removing all small and medium-sized ones, and adding a few large high-yield asteroids to compensate.
The density of all resources is set to high, or very_high where available, which affects the speed of resource gathering for gas and the regeneration rate of asteroids for minerals.

The rotation speed of all the asteroids in the system is also greatly reduced.
With less asteroids overall and less rotation, the game's performance in the system improves noticeably, particularly when you have a hundred mining ships in the system...
I think visually this looks good too :
The asteroids rotating very slowly, with some that don't even look like they rotate until you observe them for a minute, look more 'realistic' than fast-spinning asteroids everywhere in my opinion.
Tell me what you think in the poll.

These changes are active in all gamestarts, and should affect existing saves as well.
It should disappear if you deactivate the mod.

BUT : any game where you used the mod's gamestarts may fail to load if the mod is deactivated.
To fix that, take the libraries\gamestarts.xml file of this mod and move it to any other mod, adding a libraries folder if necessary.

Both gamestarts skip the PHQ mission and drop the PHQ in the middle of Nopileos' Asteroid field. (Code adapted from the Argon Gamestart).

This mod adds two new gamestarts, to make the most of the Nopileos System :

Nopileos' True Start :
After generations of legal (and not-so-legal) battles, you are the sole heir to Nopileos' Fortune ! You inherited the billions of the family Trust and a HQ in the middle of the richest asteroid field in known space. Spend your billions wisely, and you may finally forge the Nopileos Kingdom of your ancestors' dreams.

It gives you 4.2 billion, but you will need a lot of blueprints, stations and ships to build a proper Kingdom.
You also get a SETA, and plenty of parts for Mk3 ship mods.
You start in an Eclipse Vanguard with no pilot, so hire one if you intend to keep the ship.
Just follow the mission objective to discover your HQ, or stop to buy blueprints first.

Nopileos' Half-Start :
You couldn't get the billions of the family Trust. You did manage to get control of the HQ, a small fleet, and the necessary blueprints to produce station construction materials. Your starting funds won't get you far though.

It gives you 200.000 credits, and a small fleet : your own Eclipse and two others, two Drill mineral miners, one Sunder gas miner, two Mercury transports and a Mammoth Constructor.
You start in the Nopileos system directly.

All functions linked to the HQ work : research and the HQ pilot inventory item storage (accessed in the scientist's room to his left).

Works with any game version.

Accessible on the Steam Workshop, and below :

Mega Link
Rapidgator Link
Last edited by LegionOfOne on Sat, 15. Jun 19, 16:48, edited 8 times in total.

Lazerath
x4

Re: [MOD] Nopileos' True Fortune

Post by Lazerath » Mon, 10. Jun 19, 03:40

Congrats on the mod release.

Question: So if I install this mod, on my current game does it also add a PHQ to Nopileos as well or does it only do that with your new game start? I already completed the PHQ and also research too.

I am not sure if it’s even possible to have two of those PHQ’s or if I would emend want two, just curious!

Cheers!
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

LegionOfOne
x4

Post by LegionOfOne » Mon, 10. Jun 19, 05:11

No, on an existing game, the only changes will be to the resources of the Nopileos system.

But, any new game you start with the mod activated (edit : with the mod's gamestarts only) will have the PHQ-spawning and mission-skipping applied.
I rewrote the OP to clarify a bit.

I believe there are mods to teleport the PHQ if that is what you are looking for, here or on Nexus.
And no, two PHQs is not possible as far as I know.
Last edited by LegionOfOne on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Mon, 10. Jun 19, 21:13

Hi, nope I am not interested in a teleport HQ Mod as I will wait for Egosoft to do that and if I am not mistaken you need to use that right click GUI mod for them but I could be wrong.

However, I do like your concept but there are a couple things that stop me from jumping right on it. I am not sure if you are willing too or have the time but if I may make a couple suggestions for your mod they are as follows.

Duplicate your Game Start (With these changes!)
1. $200,000 Credits instead of $4,200,000,000
2. Remove Seta and All Ship Mods
3. Add either:
1 or 2 Medium Traders ...OR
1 or 2 Medium Miners (Mineral/Gas) ...OR
1 Medium Trader and 1 Medium Miner (Mineral/Gas) ...OR
1 Large Trader or 1 Large miner (Mineral/Gas)
4. KEEP Eclipse Vanguard with No Pilot (Playership)

The reason why I suggest these changes is rather simple. While it’s a pain in the butt starting over, getting that much cash and ship mods at the start takes away part of the enjoyment of playing the game (Earning those credits).

Adding a game start that does all the awesome stuff your mod does but still leave some of the initial challenge will inevitably increase the amount of people who will use this cool mod imho.

Cheers!
COMPUTER SPECS
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 00:35

I do agree that having a new start with less money is what I want. For someone who likes to earn things.
You can just have both starts for us to choose from.

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 07:08

Shuulo wrote:
Tue, 11. Jun 19, 00:35
I do agree that having a new start with less money is what I want. For someone who likes to earn things.
You can just have both starts for us to choose from.
My thoughts exactly lol.

I know a lot or work can go into making these mods and and updating them. So if it doesn’t happen I completely understand!

Cheers!
COMPUTER SPECS

LegionOfOne
x4

Post by LegionOfOne » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 18:54

That's a good suggestion, and totally possible. Adding an extra gamestart isn't very complicated.
I'll write, test and publish it before the week-end.

The original gamestart was made for my tastes : I restarted the game a bunch of times to test new mods and new features, so I like to jump past the grind and establish myself as a minor faction straight away.
Also, most of my mods deal with managing a vast network of stations, so I need that vast network, and it ain't cheap.
After blueprints, and my first few stations, I am barely left with a couple hundred millions, but I don't need money at that point anyway, because I make everything from scratch myself, and don't need NPC factions for anything.
After a proper buildup, I start picking wars, usually kicking the Teladi out of Grand Exchange, or grabbing superhighway access by attacking the Paranid. Then things start to get fun.

Not everyone's play style, I can understand that...
Last edited by LegionOfOne on Tue, 11. Jun 19, 19:03, edited 2 times in total.

omgoshlol

Post by omgoshlol » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 19:02

Just to give you a heads up, I've tried to fix the highway speed before. There's no issue with actual speed just the reported one. I tried moving it, adjusting its size, even when I set the highway to the same preset as the ring highway it still wouldn't work. This is more of an issue for npc traders not choosing to take it.

iirc the macro names were:
//macros/macro[@name="Highway01_Cluster_04_Sector001_macro"]
//macros/macro[@name="Highway02_Cluster_04_Sector001_macro"]

Hope this gets a bugfix soon :oops:

LegionOfOne
x4

Post by LegionOfOne » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 19:05

omgoshlol wrote:
Tue, 11. Jun 19, 19:02
Hope this gets a bugfix soon :oops:
Don't get your hopes up. I was already trying to fix that back in 1.4, and I'm not closer to an answer...
That is why I moved the HQ to the center of the asteroid field, when in the first versions I put it at the end of the highway, just so my HQ would have its private highway.
But since the highway didn't work, and also since miners don't like 'working the shaft', and prefer to stay in the large ball, I had to move the HQ.

omgoshlol

Post by omgoshlol » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 19:50

LegionOfOne wrote:
Tue, 11. Jun 19, 19:05
Don't get your hopes up. I was already trying to fix that back in 1.4, and I'm not closer to an answer...
I'll give it another shot later today. I got discouraged when I found out that highway speeds are pretty much hard coded. But there ought to be a hacky fix. The obvious one is to just delete the highway and generate a new one or use a macro that's meant for another sector.

LegionOfOne
x4

Re: [MOD] Nopileos' True Fortune v1.5

Post by LegionOfOne » Fri, 14. Jun 19, 17:57

If you (or I, maybe) can get the highway to work consistently, I'll move the HQ and the large spherical asteroid field around it to the end of the highway, that way it will make more sense.
Right now there is no good reason for that highway to be there, most of the resources are at the beginning of it.

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 06:45

Thank for the updated game start half!

I will be using this on my next game start, thanks!!

Cheers!
COMPUTER SPECS

Ramokthan
x4

Post by Ramokthan » Mon, 24. Jun 19, 00:22

So u modded the asteroid field in Nopileos Fortune 2?

Cant u move it to Nopileos Fortune 4

bc 2 is a bot too far off the "traffic" and has only one gate where ships can join and leave the sector making it a bad and uncomfortable choice.

I like sectors with a lot of minerals AND jumpgates... like Second Contact... Which is ofc ANT.

Doesnt seem to work for me anyway... all nopileos resource fields have very poor resources according to probes.

Sinnerman49
x3

Post by Sinnerman49 » Tue, 25. Jun 19, 00:51

I'm confused about how to start the mission for your PHQ. The original post says "Follow the mission" - but it's not clear what I should do to acces my PHQ.....find an admin? I hired a crewman for my ship, but can't assign him as manager to the station. Any tips?

LegionOfOne
x4

Post by LegionOfOne » Tue, 25. Jun 19, 21:32

Sinnerman49 wrote:
Tue, 25. Jun 19, 00:51
I'm confused about how to start the mission for your PHQ.
There is no PHQ 'mission', just a mission objective to go to your station, build a dock, and then go aboard to meet your scientist friend.
Which is essentially the last step of the vanilla PHQ mission, the rest is skipped.

DeadZone
x4

Post by DeadZone » Tue, 25. Jun 19, 23:41

Would it be possible for a game start where you start with nothing but a ship (similar to explorer start), and the access to the PHQ?

I like the rest of what's here - especially the PHQ being moved - but also like starting with nothing but a single small ship

Dani_Gecko
x4

Post by Dani_Gecko » Tue, 22. Sep 20, 13:30

In nopileos I I have a mega ship yard together with a big claytronics and hullparts factory. ever since I finished the mega ship yard nopileos 2 runs out of ore constantly. I was looking for a mod to fix that and found your mod. sadly, it does nothing to the resources in nopileos 2 for me. I'm playing on the latest version (3.30 HF3 I think). Unfortunately I have no idea what might be wrong with the mod files. Can you please look into the problem and see if the mod is working with the latest version as intended? otherwise could you just make a little mod changing only the present resourced in nopileos 2 to be of the highest richness?
much appreciated! Cheers

Sixters
x4

Post by Sixters » Tue, 6. Oct 20, 17:15

HI mate and thanks a lot for your mod. With this i will finally be able to play in a galaxy that is not in TOTAL SHORTAGE of hull parts in few hours of gameplay :D

Quick question tho, as i'm experiencing huge issues of lag right now (SETA not usable because make the game going into powerpoint mode, it lags so hard the camera bug and shift INTO the cockpit if i move. Map not usable neither, unless i pause the game it lags so much) : Can this be related to this mod ? My setup is quite heavily-modded so my first thought would be an incompatibility between two mods, and my first guess on the Suspicious list is that i use both your mod and DeadAir's Gate Overhaul that totally rework the mpa.

So, do you know if your mod is compatible with map changes mod - specifically DeadAIr's GAte Overhaul ?
And 2nd question : Is your mod safe to uninstall during playtrough ?

Thanks

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”