[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mysterial
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v4.31

Post by Mysterial » Sun, 3. Nov 19, 20:01

Some CVs don't have enough builder drones and whatever they did in HF1 made it matter. So the build times for station modules are wildly inconsistent. Sometimes it's like before, sometimes it's 2x or worse.

Kyle Baxter
x4

Post by Kyle Baxter » Thu, 7. Nov 19, 21:03

Hey,

I'm using this mod with all 4 modules alongside Variety and Rebalance Overhaul. My problem is that my fresh 2.6 Universe with those two mods result in broken Kha'ak raiding fleets. I've got a system with a Station in it that spawns those raiding fleets. The ships don't move and i can't attack them or order my ships to attack those. When i try to shot one with my main weapons shoots through and it seems like they can't target the ship properly. Only one ship type is affected and the name is Raiding Party Forager. The system is full with unmoving ships of this type. I already asked the question in the the VRO thread, but i thought i should do it here too. What could cause this? Is there a conflict between the two mods? Did something change in 2.6 that broke the Kha'ak or does the War Module changes the Faction AI and breaks a part?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 8. Nov 19, 15:47

I can't see how anything I've done could cause that, but in any case I loaded up a savegame from when I was testing the current version and checked the Kha'ak Installation/spawn zone and there weren't any ghost ships there. Sorry, I don't know what to tell you.

Kyle Baxter
x4

Post by Kyle Baxter » Fri, 8. Nov 19, 17:33

That is odd, Shuulo the Author of VRO has the same problem with the raiding parties. So I'm at least not alone with my problem. :) He will check later if his mod is messing with something. Right now I'm just ignoring the Kha'ak. I just wanted to tell you both that maybe something is broken. Maybe even the Patch 2.6 is faulty who knows.

Edit: The culprit was found, it was the VRO mod. A line was commented out. By the way, i totally forgot to say thank you for this great mod!

Mr.Freud
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v4.32

Post by Mr.Freud » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 10:29

will you update for 3.0 Beta? its out

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 13:39

I'm not the dev, but 3.0 is on version 1, there's a ton of bugs being reported. Most mod makers wait to see if the beta stabilizes and becomes almost prod ready. It's a battle of losses to adjust to 3.0 now.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 18:21

The current version mostly works on the current 3.0 beta, or at least isn't any more broken than the beta itself is. I don't expect to create a fully beta-capable version of the mod until December.

Meme Turtle

Post by Meme Turtle » Tue, 19. Nov 19, 21:27

Hi Mysterial,

I have a crash, which might be related to your mod. Could you, please, take a look at the debug log to see if any of the error messages are caused by your scripts?
viewtopic.php?f=180&t=420181

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 24. Dec 19, 19:48

Just in time for the holidays, here's a 3.0-friendly version. :)

Like the game version it needs, this mod version has some new features and should be considered a beta.

Download Link

Major changes:
  • Improved the behavior of M-class ships in low attention combat
    • M ships will more consistently apply front cannon damage to their primary target and turret damage to a random secondary target, more closely matching behavior when the player is present
  • Fixed a (vanilla) bug that sometimes prevents pirates from attacking NPCs that refuse to drop cargo
  • Added pirates that will try to steal cargo from mining ships
    • In a future version I will make a special ship variant for this but for now they are just flying their own mining ships
  • Added a new war behavior that factions may use from time to time
  • Added a pirate behavior where rarely they will band together to attack a lucrative station
    • In a future version they will attempt to extort protection money, but for now they just always attack
    • The odds of a specific station being targeted are based on its economic value
  • When pirates hack a station, there is now a chance the manager will eventually catch them and mark them as hostile
    • The time it takes for a manager to notice is roughly based on skill level
    • The manager must notice before the ship escapes out of radar range
    • For the player, a temporary relations notification will fire when a pirate got caught
  • Idle builder ships will no longer hang around inactive gates
  • Applied a workaround for the builder ship drone issue

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 25. Dec 19, 18:37

is that new war behavior maybe par and teladi go to war? :lol:

bc I started and par is attacking every teladi ship it can find
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 25. Dec 19, 21:46

Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 25. Dec 19, 18:37
is that new war behavior maybe par and teladi go to war? :lol:

bc I started and par is attacking every teladi ship it can find
Shouldn't be and I haven't seen that, although some people in the beta forum have reported non-war factions attacking each other in vanilla beta, like Argon and Antigone. The assumption was that it was due to accidental shots making them angry at each other but I don't think the cause has been confirmed.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 25. Dec 19, 21:47

Uploaded a quick fix to the beta to address an issue with the new M-class low attention script when they attack capital ships.

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Fri, 10. Jan 20, 23:53

Out of curiosity, how well does this mod work with the mod that randomizes the placement of Xenon gates? I like that mod quite a bit as I am never really sure where the Xenon are going to appear first.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sat, 11. Jan 20, 00:27

its from the same author as this one so it should work great
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 11. Jan 20, 02:40

In fact, there are a couple extra gate placement options that are enabled if this mod is installed too, since it allows for the AI attacking neutral sectors under certain conditions.

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Sat, 11. Jan 20, 05:57

Well, that's groovy. I had no idea they were the same author. Nice!

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 15. Jan 20, 03:43

New beta version: Download Link

Mostly bugfixes. I also tweaked the catchup bonus and some war scaling.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 15. Jan 20, 09:21

Mysterial wrote:
Wed, 15. Jan 20, 03:43
New beta version: Download Link

Mostly bugfixes. I also tweaked the catchup bonus and some war scaling.
Great! Does it include that Xenon slowdown thing that you mentioned?

Tarr3128
x4

Post by Tarr3128 » Thu, 23. Jan 20, 22:37

I see a very different Xenon behaviour after Beta 5 and your latest Mod version (I used Beta 4 HF2 with your December 24st Beta before.). For some reason where there was only a few xenon before in waves of one P with two M or the like now there are hunter swarms of multiple P's that instantly switch target from whatever they attack the second I get close with my Nemesis. They also coordinate with a K very well that keeps trucking around with them. And seem to pull forces from neighboring sectors.

It would be very neat and challenging if not for the target switching. That is way too much, in my opinion. If it would be somewhat weighted and based on player actions, like getting attacked when trying to disable a capital ship by some of the forces it would better, maybe.

I tried with the base game only and that was like shooting at practice targets, they did no more coordinate with the K and also the attacks of the Ps have been much more spead out.

Some middle ground would be great.

EDIT: Added info about earlier mod version.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”