[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shuulo
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 2.x

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 26. May 20, 02:18

MiFoludek wrote:
Mon, 25. May 20, 22:36
Hi,
Is it possible to get titan blueprint?

BR
Nope, Argon government does not sell blueprints of their flagship. if you want one - board it.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Wed, 27. May 20, 15:17

Looks like that latest beta 2 adds some kind of incompatibility with VRO turret algorithms or new vanilla algorithms work not so good with VRO turret characteristics. Most of the time turrets don't shoot at all. This especially seen in large battles with many targets. Looks like turrets are permanently in "search for better target" state.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 27. May 20, 17:28

ScandyNav wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 15:17
Looks like that latest beta 2 adds some kind of incompatibility with VRO turret algorithms or new vanilla algorithms work not so good with VRO turret characteristics. Most of the time turrets don't shoot at all. This especially seen in large battles with many targets. Looks like turrets are permanently in "search for better target" state.
Seems this is not VRO issue

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Wed, 27. May 20, 19:56

Shuulo, yes I see this new turret behavior in both vanilla and VRO saves, so I side with you, it's a Egosoft issue.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 28. May 20, 14:34

Small announcement - Im joining with SW team to bring their awesome mod to life, will be responsible for different xml stuff, as well as balancing, bugfixing, new factions/sectors etc. As a big fan of SW im quite happy ill be able to help the team with this.

This will not impact VRO development, while its more or less in maintenance phase i still have plans to tweak, balance, expend and improve every aspect of it, with new version with some new features coming out in next week or two, hopefully alongside full 3.2 release.

XTC0R
x4

Post by XTC0R » Thu, 28. May 20, 17:32

Shuulo wrote:
Thu, 28. May 20, 14:34
Small announcement - Im joining with SW team to bring their awesome mod to life, will be responsible for different xml stuff, as well as balancing, bugfixing, new factions/sectors etc. As a big fan of SW im quite happy ill be able to help the team with this.

This will not impact VRO development, while its more or less in maintenance phase i still have plans to tweak, balance, expend and improve every aspect of it, with new version with some new features coming out in next week or two, hopefully alongside full 3.2 release.
Interesting times to come :) Looking forward to both. VRO update and SW mod (in some months?)

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 28. May 20, 21:08

VRO update in one or two weeks. SW update better track on moddb, as it's not just me in that case so can't estimate date as usual

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Thu, 28. May 20, 22:59

Joining forces with the SW team has put a huge smail on my face :)

BoostHungry

Post by BoostHungry » Sat, 30. May 20, 03:33

Noticed a Xenon turret bug yesterday and today, the turrets just cycle between the open and close state and so they never fire. I'm on 3.2 B2, so not sure if it's a vanilla bug, beta bug, or VRO bug, so figured I'd post here first since and see if you can give a general confidence level as to if this should be looked at here first or be posted on the forums.

Quick video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ8ORkrvuI0

I have fought against other factions and they've fought back correctly, it's only the Xenon ships that I've seen this issue on.

*Edit* managed to get up close and personal to a P before it died and I'm pretty sure I saw the same thing happening to its turret.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Sat, 30. May 20, 13:22

BoostHungry wrote:
Sat, 30. May 20, 03:33
Noticed a Xenon turret bug yesterday and today, the turrets just cycle between the open and close state and so they never fire. I'm on 3.2 B2, so not sure if it's a vanilla bug, beta bug, or VRO bug, so figured I'd post here first since and see if you can give a general confidence level as to if this should be looked at here first or be posted on the forums.

Quick video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ8ORkrvuI0

I have fought against other factions and they've fought back correctly, it's only the Xenon ships that I've seen this issue on.

*Edit* managed to get up close and personal to a P before it died and I'm pretty sure I saw the same thing happening to its turret.
Please read a few posts up, it's a vanilla bug that was introduced in beta 2. It affects everyone, even your own turrets.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sat, 30. May 20, 14:41

dont see the actual performance effected that much but that means if they fix it that turrets dont retract for new target bad times ahead :lol:
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

BoostHungry

Post by BoostHungry » Sat, 30. May 20, 16:17

Rastuasi wrote:
Sat, 30. May 20, 13:22
BoostHungry wrote:
Sat, 30. May 20, 03:33
Please read a few posts up, it's a vanilla bug that was introduced in beta 2. It affects everyone, even your own turrets.
Thanks! Sorry I missed that.

Godis

Post by Godis » Sun, 31. May 20, 17:07

I'm having a problem where the entire game freezes since the update to 3.20 HF2 Beta version.

As of VRO it seem it's missing some signature file. I don't know if that is something to be worried about:

Just a snipped of the log:
Spoiler
Show
[=ERROR=] 91737.24 File I/O: Could not find file '.\extensions\vro\assets\props\surfaceelements\macros\shield_arg_l_standard_01_mk1_macro.xml.sig'
[General] 91737.24 ======================================
[General] 91737.24 File I/O: Failed to verify the file signature for file '.\extensions\vro\assets\props\surfaceelements\macros\shield_arg_l_standard_01_mk1_macro.xml' (error: 14)
[=ERROR=] 91737.24 File I/O: Could not find file '.\extensions\x4_fireandsmoke\assets\props\surfaceelements\macros\shield_arg_l_standard_01_mk1_macro.xml.sig'
[General] 91737.24 File I/O: Failed to verify the file signature for file '.\extensions\x4_fireandsmoke\assets\props\surfaceelements\macros\shield_arg_l_standard_01_mk1_macro.xml' (error: 14)
[=ERROR=] 91737.24 File I/O: Could not find file '.\extensions\vro\assets\props\weaponsystems\standard\macros\turret_tel_m_ma_02_macro.xml.sig'
[General] 91737.24 File I/O: Failed to verify the file signature for file '.\extensions\vro\assets\props\weaponsystems\standard\macros\turret_tel_m_ma_02_macro.xml' (error: 14)
[=ERROR=] 91737.24 File I/O: Could not find file '.\extensions\vro\assets\props\weaponsystems\guided\macros\turret_tel_m_guided_02_mk1_macro.xml.sig'
[General] 91737.24 File I/O: Failed to verify the file signature for file '.\extensions\vro\assets\props\weaponsystems\guided\macros\turret_tel_m_guided_02_mk1_macro.xml' (error: 14)
[=ERROR=] 91737.24 File I/O: Could not find file '.\extensions\x4_fireandsmoke\assets\props\weaponsystems\guided\macros\turret_tel_m_guided_02_mk1_macro.xml.sig'
[General] 91737.24 File I/O: Failed to verify the file signature for file '.\extensions\x4_fireandsmoke\assets\props\weaponsystems\guided\macros\turret_tel_m_guided_02_mk1_macro.xml' (error: 14)
[=ERROR=] 91737.24 File I/O: Could not find file '.\extensions\vro\assets\props\engines\macros\engine_par_m_travel_01_mk1_macro.xml.sig'
[General] 91737.24 File I/O: Failed to verify the file signature for file '.\extensions\vro\assets\props\engines\macros\engine_par_m_travel_01_mk1_macro.xml' (error: 14)
And this is what I can see in the log straight before the freeze:
Spoiler
Show
[General] 91759.80 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 91759.80 Error in MD cue md.FactionGoal_Hold_Space.EvaluateState<inst:73748>: Property lookup failed: $CurrentSubGoal.$Cue.$Descriptor
* Expression: $CurrentSubGoal.$Cue.$Descriptor
* Action: <set_value>, line 548
[=ERROR=] 91759.80 Error in MD cue md.FactionGoal_Hold_Space.EvaluateState<inst:73748>: Failed to set table[$SUBGOAL_DefendArea=table[$Counter=3,$DesiredShipStrength=59,$Invasions=table[...],$ReadyShipStrength=21,$UnreadyShipStrength=43,$performing=1,$preparing=2]].{null} to value table[]
* Expression: $CurrentGoalStates.{$CurrentSubGoalDescriptor}
* Action: <set_value>, line 551
[=ERROR=] 91759.80 Error in MD cue md.FactionGoal_Hold_Space.EvaluateState<inst:73748>: Property lookup failed: $CurrentGoalStates.{null}
* Action: <set_value>, line 616
[=ERROR=] 91759.80 Error in MD cue md.FactionGoal_Hold_Space.EvaluateState<inst:73748>: Property lookup failed: $CurrentGoalStates.{null}
[=ERROR=] 91759.80 Error in MD cue md.FactionGoal_Hold_Space.EvaluateState<inst:73748>: Failed to set null.$Counter to value 1
* Expression: $CurrentGoalStates.{$CurrentSubGoalDescriptor}.$Counter
* Action: <set_value>, line 617
[=ERROR=] 91759.80 Error in MD cue md.FactionGoal_Hold_Space.EvaluateState<inst:73748>: Failed to set null.$performing to value 1
* Expression: $CurrentGoalStates.{$CurrentSubGoalDescriptor}.{'$' + $CurrentSubGoal.$EvaluationResult}

EDIT: I've had two conflicting mods installed and updated another one without deleting the prior version. But fixng these didn't fix the freezing issue. What could be causing this? And is the thing with missing .sig files something to worry about?

kaiser_33

Post by kaiser_33 » Mon, 1. Jun 20, 04:40

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 01:11

Hi could you teach me how to change ship speeds on your mod? what tools do i need and how to modify ship speeds ? i would like fighters to be slower, so there is a bigger need for cap ships around since they are supposed to transport small ships that cant cover a wide range of sectors.. a realistic feature..

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 1. Jun 20, 12:05

Godis wrote:
Sun, 31. May 20, 17:07
I'm having a problem where the entire game freezes since the update to 3.20 HF2 Beta version.

As of VRO it seem it's missing some signature file. I don't know if that is something to be worried about:

EDIT: I've had two conflicting mods installed and updated another one without deleting the prior version. But fixng these didn't fix the freezing issue. What could be causing this? And is the thing with missing .sig files something to worry about?
Signatures is not a problem, it just says that this is not original game file, any mod will generate those "errors"

As for the last, it seems to be faction AI, it has nothing to do with VRO as i dont touch it at all. Make sure you use the latest beta version from forum of Faction Enhancer, the officially released version currently is not working with 3.2 beta game.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 1. Jun 20, 12:06

kaiser_33 wrote:
Mon, 1. Jun 20, 04:40

Hi could you teach me how to change ship speeds on your mod? what tools do i need and how to modify ship speeds ? i would like fighters to be slower, so there is a bigger need for cap ships around since they are supposed to transport small ships that cant cover a wide range of sectors.. a realistic feature..
Unpack the files and change "forwarddrag" value of ship macros file in assets/units/size_x/macros folder

Godis

Post by Godis » Mon, 1. Jun 20, 15:49

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 1. Jun 20, 12:05
Godis wrote:
Sun, 31. May 20, 17:07

Signatures is not a problem, it just says that this is not original game file, any mod will generate those "errors"

As for the last, it seems to be faction AI, it has nothing to do with VRO as i dont touch it at all. Make sure you use the latest beta version from forum of Faction Enhancer, the officially released version currently is not working with 3.2 beta game.
Oh I totaly forgot about that! He updated the file but without mentioning it, so I thought it hasn't been updated since then. MANY THANKS!!

BoostHungry

Post by BoostHungry » Wed, 3. Jun 20, 03:57

Confirming that the 3.2 Beta 3 turret issues are still just a vanilla issue?

Threads:
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=427964
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=427981

How am I able to reproduce this immediately and the devs haven't caught it themselves???

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Wed, 3. Jun 20, 12:46

BoostHungry wrote:
Wed, 3. Jun 20, 03:57

How am I able to reproduce this immediately and the devs haven't caught it themselves???
Because DEVs don't use mods? :mrgreen:

BoostHungry

Post by BoostHungry » Wed, 3. Jun 20, 14:23

So as many probably assumed, they won't look at my saves due to mods. I hold VRO in such high regard that I hoped they would be more concerned.

My universe is so broken right now (Beta 3), no Xenon capital ship is willing to even try and take more than a single shot at me. Killed a Xenon I practically by myself with a handful of ships without it ever doing anything. I never would have been able to do that with those ships prior to these issues.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”