[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mysterial
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.0

Post by Mysterial » Sun, 6. Dec 20, 15:36

I have updated the mod to support the 4.0 beta. This time the same download will support either 4.0 or 3.3.

There are no gameplay changes from the last version, it's just a compatibility update for now.

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Sun, 20. Dec 20, 21:00

Hey Mysterial!

so in my game the split aren't really doing anything, The have a few fleets that consist of one panther and 1 resupply ship and some fighters and thats it, they don't build any ships in their XL ship yard and largely just patrol their own space.

They also had ALOT of Buffalo's at game start and seem to have very few now, all other factions seems to be working well but the split just aren't doing anything.

The game start is the one that gives you the Player HQ and this is all on 3.3
"We are the middle children of History. Born too late to explore the earth, born to early to explore the stars."

"Time is the fire in which we burn"

Reaper's Mod Index

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 30. Dec 20, 20:03

Saw this error in the log

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 264506.54 Multiple matching nodes for path '//do_for_each' in patch file 'extensions\faction_fix_pack_econ_ai\aiscripts\lib.find.sectors.inrange.xml'. Skipping node.

tn44

Post by tn44 » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 04:09

Hey I am on beta 4.0 and I have run into what might be a bug. I had a save where the xenon were running absolutely rampant, which is probably fine it happens sometimes, but the TEL shipyard is currently clogged by two planetary support ships that I've been told are part of the faction catchup module. They have been sitting inside the L and XL fab bays on an order to 'recycle' for over an hour and I can't get any ships built to help the TEL fight the Xenon off anymore. So maybe something is broken here? They should just be delivering supplies and leaving right?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 17:57

Recycling hanging is a vanilla bug (although obviously more likely with this mod since it causes more of it). You'll have to wait for Egosoft to release the next beta patch. Sorry.

tn44

Post by tn44 » Thu, 21. Jan 21, 01:18

Oh ok thanks, that's fine then. Just wanted to let you know in case it was related to the mod.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 27. Jan 21, 23:56

Updated for beta 5. There are still no (intended) functional changes.

scrab21
x4

Post by scrab21 » Fri, 29. Jan 21, 14:04

Can you add an option to player ships to attack enemy satellites? when they drop you can't do it unless you do it for yourself

warjager
x4

Post by warjager » Fri, 29. Jan 21, 15:09

Got problem with the 4.5 beta (surely with 4.4 too, but since it was auto updated in a old save, cant know for sure) . The game freeze 5 min after loading my game when the war module is turned on. Catchup, economy and eco balance is ok, only the war module make the game freeze. Dont know why, cause its the fist time the game does it, never had problem with FE before. If it can help, i'm 5h hour in this game until now.

Osbot
x4

Post by Osbot » Fri, 29. Jan 21, 19:08

warjager wrote:
Fri, 29. Jan 21, 15:09
Got problem with the 4.5 beta (surely with 4.4 too, but since it was auto updated in a old save, cant know for sure) . The game freeze 5 min after loading my game when the war module is turned on. Catchup, economy and eco balance is ok, only the war module make the game freeze. Dont know why, cause its the fist time the game does it, never had problem with FE before. If it can help, i'm 5h hour in this game until now.
It's not doing it to me. Newest update for mod + patch5.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 29. Jan 21, 20:20

warjager wrote:
Fri, 29. Jan 21, 15:09
I left an old 3.3 save running for a while on SETA and didn't get any freezing. If you aren't using unremovable mods and want to post the save somewhere I can try looking at it myself.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Tue, 2. Feb 21, 14:19

Fresh Game in Beta 4.5
This is the only mod which touched AI at all I am running and works fine did not freeze.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

easternsun

Post by easternsun » Thu, 11. Feb 21, 05:56

So with the "Bug" Fix to mining any mod that increases Wars and Fleet sizes according to CBJ should modify the regeneration rates of sectors for miners as they cause the factions and player to grow to large.

Of course it all worked just fine prior to Beta 5 but since 15 L class miners now completely deplete a sector not sure if you can add more gas to your War/Economy mods to fix what they broken and are refusing to fix.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 12. Feb 21, 18:34

Derailment to thread removed after this point. The above post is left as a heads-up of potential resourcing issues in the Current 4.00 Public Beta process.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Sat, 13. Feb 21, 10:30

Is this mod still being worked on?

As posted in steam, there are dozens of people (me included) that experience steamrolling Xenon to an abnormal extent.
Is this going to be fixed? Or is the mod dead?

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Sat, 13. Feb 21, 13:52

ApoxNM wrote:
Sat, 13. Feb 21, 10:30

As posted in steam, there are dozens of people (me included) that experience steamrolling Xenon to an abnormal extent.
Last post from mod dev is end of Jan, it's not dead but he's stated numerous times, next release isn't till after 4.0 is stable.

jah
x4

Post by jah » Sun, 14. Feb 21, 17:32

Rastuasi wrote:
Sat, 13. Feb 21, 13:52
ApoxNM wrote:
Sat, 13. Feb 21, 10:30

Last post from mod dev is end of Jan, it's not dead but he's stated numerous times, next release isn't till after 4.0 is stable.
Which is understandable, I think he will look into this as soon as it makes sense

jah
x4

Post by jah » Tue, 16. Feb 21, 18:39

Just wanted to let you know that the new beta 8 fixed non working station turrets if oos. Maybe - again maybe - this also helps with the issue of steamrolling xenons with this mod

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 21:30

Hi,

Just wanted to check if anyone else has noticed the "Planetary Support" vessels that spawn when things aren't going well for a Faction getting stuck?

In my game, two Planetary Support vessels - L-Class Ships - have docked at the two L Ship Fabrication Docks at the Argon Prime Shipyard. However, they've been here for ages, so no more L-Class ships can be built. What might cause this and is there a way to persuade them to go away outside of destruction?

Note: the Shipyard appears to have had a number of it's required wares supplied, but there are still several in demand, and all want at least some delivered, even if small quantities. Perhaps the station's overall storage is full, even if individual wares are not?

Scoob.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 26. Feb 21, 00:40

If they're blocking the build modules then they're trying to recycle. There were bugs regarding this in previous betas, maybe it hasn't been fully fixed. Of course, you're not going to get anywhere with them unless somebody can make it happen in vanilla, so unless there's some obvious bug with the script I'll add a self-destruct timeout in there. For now you can probably clear it up by killing the ship.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”