[MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.3.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

shovelmonkey
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.1.2

Post by shovelmonkey » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 13:36

Where do you find this information on the corporations in your game? I have seen them operating in my game, but their Encyclopedia entries are all blank, other than the static descriptions.
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 14:12

shovelmonkey wrote:
Mon, 1. Mar 21, 13:36
Where do you find this information on the corporations in your game? I have seen them operating in my game, but their Encyclopedia entries are all blank, other than the static descriptions.
Oh these are sort of debug messages for me when testing and such. As for how many ships they are allowed to build, etc. that is set up by me in the code. I haven't done much with encyclopedia entries so I don't know if it is even possible to really put more in there.

The messages you receive in game only tell you generally how they are doing (like it might say they have a stable flow of income or that they are just staying afloat). It will also inform you when they are ordering ships like squadrons or fleets (but not trade ships). I could add another message which tells you how much their budget currently is but I didn't want to clutter the messages up too much. If people want it though, I can add it.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 14:17

Newinger wrote:
Mon, 1. Mar 21, 11:10
How are the default fractions in comparison? Are there enough resources in 4.0 for all fractions + corporations? How are the wars affecting all?
I am using mostly vanilla, except for Corporations and a modified version of my FOCW mod. That means, there are tons of new ships in my game. I am not using any kind of additional faction logic mods or anything so that is all vanilla 4.0. I only use the catchup module for faction war mod and none of the other modules. This just gives a boost of resources to factions falling behind. The game has been running really well as far as I can see. I have repeatedly been providing hull parts to the Argon shipyards and I want to do the same for Antigone. Antigone seems to be having some trouble, but other factions seem fine. This seems normal so far as I can see. I should mention that Antigone has heavily fortified their main sector, but seem to be losing out badly in the sector bordering HOP, forgot the name. Of course, that is because the Xenon and HOP keep hitting the sector hard.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 01:16

Argon prime in my game right now. Check the screenshot, no one is taking that sector lol.
Attachments
20210301190903_1.jpg

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 09:37

I started to install the new FOCW now in my running game. I can see many news entries about the corporations, but I guess so far I have not had direct contact with most of them, at least I assume this because the factions list and the encyclopedia only has an entry for one of them. (When I start a new game in contrast, all the corporations are shown right from the start. Don't know if that is intended).

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 14:23

Newinger wrote:
Wed, 3. Mar 21, 09:37
I started to install the new FOCW now in my running game. I can see many news entries about the corporations, but I guess so far I have not had direct contact with most of them, at least I assume this because the factions list and the encyclopedia only has an entry for one of them. (When I start a new game in contrast, all the corporations are shown right from the start. Don't know if that is intended).
I am not sure why that happens, I didn't code anything in particular about them showing or not showing in the encyclopedia. I will look into it but not sure how it works normally. The Corporations all start with nothing so it will take time for them to grow. In my game now (of almost 3 days in length) I see many Corporation stations and ships. It is actually really cool in my opinion. I see some of them fighting, some of them helping the governments fight off the Xenon or sometimes fighting the governments (some corporations are not like by certain governments, etc.) I see them all trading, etc. It adds a lot of immersion. I am thinking of giving the Corporations their own colors on the map to really differentiate them. I wish I could give them different logos and ship paints but I dont know how to do that. I mean, I know how to give them different logos and ship paints but only for existing ones, I just don't know how to add unique ones. Maybe I could give them some of the ship paints that are not common and only the player can get. Logos is another thing though, not sure how to do that for them.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 16:31

BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 3. Mar 21, 14:23
I have an example for you regarding icons/paints. I'll upload them later today after one last pass on bug finding

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.1.3

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 4. Mar 21, 20:45

Version 1.3
1) Each Corporation now has its own unique color on the map
2) Each Corporation has its own paint that it uses (these were chosen from the paints available to the player)
3) I changed some of the news reports for Corporations. You will now receive a news message for each Corporation on the value of each Corporation and its budget every few hours.
4) Some minor changes and fixes.

I need feedback on the colors of each faction ( I tried to make them different, it was difficult finding good colors). Also, I set it so you receive a news message every 5 hours or so for the corporation finances, let me know if this is good or should it be more frequent or even longer, etc

By the way, as far as I can tell with 4.0 and Corporations mod, the economy is doing excellently. I even added in my FOCW mod which builds lots of ships and the economy is doing very well. I have been trading a lot of hull parts to the Argon and Antigone shipyard, but that is all I have done really.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Thu, 4. Mar 21, 21:31

thanks for the update ^^ also for the reports on economy :)

I will start a new game now with FOCW/R 1.3, the sunlight mod and ship mods (X-Rebirth and X2). If I notice difficult colors, I will report back.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 4. Mar 21, 21:34

Newinger wrote:
Thu, 4. Mar 21, 21:31
thanks for the update ^^ also for the reports on economy :)

I will start a new game now with FOCW/R 1.3, the sunlight mod and ship mods (X-Rebirth and X2). If I notice difficult colors, I will report back.
It will take a while for them to build stations and ships, but u will definitely notice the colors eventually. In my game, there are many corporate stations and ships (after more than 3 days of in game time). This mod is designed for a long game and should add a lot of immersion to your game. I personally find it very cool.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 4. Mar 21, 21:35

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 4. Mar 21, 20:45
I tried to make them different, it was difficult finding good colors
No kidding, very difficult. Almost all the bright colors are taken and dark ones show terribly.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 4. Mar 21, 21:44

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 4. Mar 21, 21:35
BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 4. Mar 21, 20:45
I tried to make them different, it was difficult finding good colors
No kidding, very difficult. Almost all the bright colors are taken and dark ones show terribly.
I think I found a good amount of distinctive colors though. I had to do it for 21 corps lol. Some of them are somewhat similar but slightly different shades, etc. They look different enough to my eyes.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 5. Mar 21, 00:57

I just uploaded a change to one of the corporation factions color. Just redownload from the link and install over what you have. The MMC corporation was a green too similar to the player. I changed it so that it is different.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 5. Mar 21, 01:37

Supreme Technologies got tired of the Holy Order of Paranid attacking their freighters

Edit: since I posted this, some reinforcements came for Supreme Technologies and they wrecked the HOP fleet. + 1 for the Corpos lol Now they are getting a bit of revenge by attacking some hop stations.
Attachments
20210304193459_1.jpg

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 5. Mar 21, 18:35

I could really use some feedback, so for those using the mod, please let me know how things are in your universe.

For example, after 1 day of in game time (24 hours) how is the universe? Are there a lot of ships, ships are low, how is the economy, etc.? Also mention what mods you are using. I would like feedback from a more vanilla play if possible (without FE i mean)

Then how about at 2 days, and 3 days, etc.

For me, the Universe is doing amazing at almost 4 days.

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Fri, 5. Mar 21, 21:20

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 5. Mar 21, 18:35
I could really use some feedback, so for those using the mod, please let me know how things are in your universe.

For example, after 1 day of in game time (24 hours) how is the universe? Are there a lot of ships, ships are low, how is the economy, etc.? Also mention what mods you are using. I would like feedback from a more vanilla play if possible (without FE i mean)

On my previous playthough on your 1.2 version and beta 9 (using FE) I ran into alot of your corporations and they built some stations during 20 odd hours of play. Only thing that struck me as odd is that one on the ANT associated corps was building defensive platforms all over (well like 3 of them) 18 billion. And these seemed to be the first stations they built. Not sure on their logic for the place and station type...

At anyrate the economy ground to a halt due to a map wide shortage of Weapon Components.

I will start a new playthrough shortly without FE and your updated mod and report back. Thanks for the continuing efforts!
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 5. Mar 21, 21:35

shovelmonkey wrote:
Fri, 5. Mar 21, 21:20
BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 5. Mar 21, 18:35

On my previous playthough on your 1.2 version and beta 9 (using FE) I ran into alot of your corporations and they built some stations during 20 odd hours of play. Only thing that struck me as odd is that one on the ANT associated corps was building defensive platforms all over (well like 3 of them) 18 billion. And these seemed to be the first stations they built. Not sure on their logic for the place and station type...

At anyrate the economy ground to a halt due to a map wide shortage of Weapon Components.

I will start a new playthrough shortly without FE and your updated mod and report back. Thanks for the continuing efforts!
They aren't defense platforms, it just says that until they are completely finished. It renames stations depending on what modules it has.

By the way, did you start a new game with my mod or did you put my mod into an existing game? Also, there definitely may be shortages for the first day or two but then improve later. You might need to do a little trading also.

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Fri, 5. Mar 21, 21:52

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 5. Mar 21, 21:35

They aren't defense platforms, it just says that until they are completely finished. It renames stations depending on what modules it has.

By the way, did you start a new game with my mod or did you put my mod into an existing game? Also, there definitely may be shortages for the first day or two but then improve later. You might need to do a little trading also.
That makes sense, because I recall another faction making a defense platform that later said silicon refinery and I was scratching my head about that.

It was all with a new game. Like I said, however, it was using FE as and the Mysterial's extra wares mod which hasn't been updated in awhile so I don't know if any of that had anything to do with the economy grinding to a halt.

Getting ready to start a new game now with only your mod (newest version), XR ship pack, and a few QOL mods.
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 5. Mar 21, 21:55

shovelmonkey wrote:
Fri, 5. Mar 21, 21:52
BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 5. Mar 21, 21:35

That makes sense, because I recall another faction making a defense platform that later said silicon refinery and I was scratching my head about that.

It was all with a new game. Like I said, however, it was using FE as and the Mysterial's extra wares mod which hasn't been updated in awhile so I don't know if any of that had anything to do with the economy grinding to a halt.

Getting ready to start a new game now with only your mod (newest version), XR ship pack, and a few QOL mods.
Please let me know how it goes. In my game, around that same timeframe, there was hull part shortages but I just traded a lot of hull parts to the shipyards and it was good. Now it is to the point that everything runs amazingly. It might vary from game to game. I think by a day I had several freighters and I just kept pumping hull parts in until it stabilized.

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Sat, 6. Mar 21, 01:13

A mere 2.5 hours into my new game, I really like the corporate news you introduced. I have seen a few corporate ships, all S couriers.

It is early in the game yet...

Log Book

Edit - Just explored the void, and noticed these two stations, one finished and one being built. Logbook didn't report them. So does it just pick some random snippets here and there?

Understandable if it did, as the log entries might get pretty crowded later in the game.
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”