[MOD] Sector Satellites

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

iforgotmysocks
x4

Re: [MOD] Sector Satellites

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 17. Jan 19, 17:42

Hmm... it's a vanilla issue currently that fps drop on the map once the game runs a bit, so restarting the game usually fixes that for a while, with or without this mod installed. The mod doesn't do anything having a general fps impact. You could check your debuglog to see if there might be a rare case of mod incompability and some error happend that, for some reason, slows down the game when the map is open.

StormLightning

Post by StormLightning » Tue, 22. Jan 19, 15:16

First, thank you for your mod! It's awesome!
Interdiction Probe:
- this probe disrupts and damages engines of l and xl ships if they pass through the 8km wide range of the Interdiction Probe. (may take a minute for the effect to start after deploying the probe)
- probes only disrupt ships if the player is in the same sector (this may change in the future if requested)
- shorter range of 8km (may need more balancing)
- affected ships will get pissed at you (probably not enough yet)
- no other features including price updates, this is soley a piracy tool (and not too cheap, so better don't leave them behind :p )
Is it possible to do the following for the interdiction probes?
1. Only affects enemy ships and not all ships, Quicker acting so the effect is instantaneous upon deploying the probe
2. Range of up to 15km, but affects all enemy ships in that range, so smaller ships can boost away, but larger ships can't
3. Does not allow Travel Mode while in interdiction range, only allows Thruster Boost or normal speed
4. Make a separate module for this type of probe only

That would perfectly complement my new mod for Travel Mode acceleration and deceleration increase.
My mod makes the ships reach travel speed much quicker, so an Interdiction Probe would stop the ships from escaping.
Though it's usually not a problem because of the Charge time for travel mode, but just in case.
All this is, ofc, assuming that the target ship wants to escape. NPCs currently are not scripted to run away, afaik.

Maybe this is a Multiplayer option? I don't know how effectively one would use this in single player, I mean, against whom?
NPC ships probably won't use it unless your mod changes the AI to use the interdiction probes also. Does it?

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Tue, 22. Jan 19, 21:29

StormLightning wrote:
Tue, 22. Jan 19, 15:16
First, thank you for your mod! It's awesome!

Is it possible to do the following for the interdiction probes?
1. Only affects enemy ships and not all ships, Quicker acting so the effect is instantaneous upon deploying the probe
2. Range of up to 15km, but affects all enemy ships in that range, so smaller ships can boost away, but larger ships can't
3. Does not allow Travel Mode while in interdiction range, only allows Thruster Boost or normal speed
4. Make a separate module for this type of probe only

That would perfectly complement my new mod for Travel Mode acceleration and deceleration increase.
My mod makes the ships reach travel speed much quicker, so an Interdiction Probe would stop the ships from escaping.
Though it's usually not a problem because of the Charge time for travel mode, but just in case.
All this is, ofc, assuming that the target ship wants to escape. NPCs currently are not scripted to run away, afaik.

Maybe this is a Multiplayer option? I don't know how effectively one would use this in single player, I mean, against whom?
NPC ships probably won't use it unless your mod changes the AI to use the interdiction probes also. Does it?
Well, the intention was to create a probe that can be used by players to drop it on routes where ships are likely to travel to reach a remote location so the player has a "trap" in place to disable a passing ships and cap it "under the radar". It still needs a few improvements as right now it doesn't have alot of consequences to use the probe. She ships see you temporarily as hostile, but until you aggress noone else gives a ****. I'm planning on changing that so that factions react to dropped probes in a more hostile manner when they're being dropped close to a factions assets that would "spot" them.

I wanted it to take some time for the probe to go active so it can't be used as "lemme drop this on a ship and done" kinda thing and more like a trap, but it seems i need to fix that probes dropped later activate immediately. ^^ Only having it affect hostile ships would kill the ability to use it as a pirating tool and exluding playerships would be too unrealistic. ^^ What would make sense tho is have it affect all kinds of ships.

The ai doesn't use these probes yet, but once i have some time off, i can finally start to port over my pirate mod from X-Rebirth. Then i can implement it for the ai aswell, so that playerships (and other factions) are in danger of being trapped and boarded. :)

Seon
x4

Post by Seon » Wed, 24. Apr 19, 23:48

I have a question about the 5-7 mission part of the advanced satellites.

I placed one down, let it do it's thing, then left a sector and re-entered it but no new missions showed up. This could be user error, but I'm not too sure. It could also potentially be some sort of conflict... But I'm not sure on that either.

The other mods I use are Better Tractor Beam, DAGO, Faction War/Economy Enhancer, FOCW, and ROR.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 25. Apr 19, 16:43

Seon wrote:
Wed, 24. Apr 19, 23:48
I have a question about the 5-7 mission part of the advanced satellites.

I placed one down, let it do it's thing, then left a sector and re-entered it but no new missions showed up. This could be user error, but I'm not too sure. It could also potentially be some sort of conflict... But I'm not sure on that either.

The other mods I use are Better Tractor Beam, DAGO, Faction War/Economy Enhancer, FOCW, and ROR.
Did you check all stations and counted the missions to make the assumption that it's not working? Could be that the original mission pool of the sector created a few missions less and the 5 additional ones lead to about the same amount that existed before. Just to clarify, they don't add missions to every station in a sector, they just increase the possible mission amount in a sector by 5-7, which can then be made available by flying to different stations in that sector.

Seon
x4

Post by Seon » Thu, 25. Apr 19, 19:56

Yeah. I checked all the stations, and the sector was completely devoid of missions. Is that just something that can still happen with the mod in general?

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 25. Apr 19, 21:17

Seon wrote:
Thu, 25. Apr 19, 19:56
Yeah. I checked all the stations, and the sector was completely devoid of missions. Is that just something that can still happen with the mod in general?
In that case i'm pretty sure it's not related to this mod. If no missions are available at all then u're problem is most likely cause by a mod touching that area. I'm only calling the function that generates missions, i'm not actually changing anything about their behaviour or the related code.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Tue, 28. Apr 20, 23:40

V0.9.4
- unlocked blueprints of new satellites for the player
- adjusted resources used to build the 3 new satellite types added by this mod to 3 hull parts each. Reason is a station storage allocation issue that can have negative effects on ware availability (especially hull parts), when multiple mods are installed that add more equipment (-> me using just a few hullparts will counter the effect of other mods using the general satellite wares to a small extend, if SS is the only mod in use, that adds new deployables, it will just slightly increase the percentage of hullparts yards and wharfs can store - which is a good thing)
- fixed xenons storing wares used for satellite production - sorry about that, shouldn't have caused any issues (Important -> a few other mods having the same issue adding new utility equipment were recently updated. This SS mod update will additionally remove those wares from Xenon storage to also fix savegames in progress, so if you have other mods in use check for updates first and update SS last, so the wares can be cleaned up without the issue being retriggered by another mod)
- fixed a few warnings popping up in the debug log about missused localization codes

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 29. Apr 20, 05:34

Correction of the Russian text

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<language>
    <page id="927865" title="SectorSatellites" descr="Text of Sector Satellites" voice="no">
      <t id="1">SectorSatellites</t>
      <t id="2">Sector Satellites</t>

<t id="11">Зонд улучшенного спутника</t>
      <t id="12">Используется улучшенными спутниками.</t>
      <t id="13">Спутник враждебного присутствия</t>
      <t id="14">Служит для обнаружение вражеских кораблей L и XL класса. Активируется только при входе кораблей в радиус действия спутника.</t>
      <t id="15">Защитный Зонд</t>
      <t id="16">Повреждает двигатели больших вражеских кораблей попавших в радиус действия зонда.</t>
      <t id="17">Исследовательский зонд</t>
      <t id="18">Служит для обнаружения сброшенных и бесхозных товаров в космосе.</t>
      <t id="19">Геодезический зонд</t>
      <t id="20">Зонд для обнаружения скрытых сокровищ, такие как хранилища данных и бесхозные корабли. Одноразовый.</t>

<t id="21">Спутник враждебного присутствия \(Спящий режим\)</t>
      <t id="22">Спутник враждебного присутствия \(Активен\)</t>

<t id="101">SectorSatellite: Мод не найден. Убедитесь, что мод установлен в папку \(/X4 Foundations/extensions\). Мод НЕ активен!</t>
      <t id="102">Обновление мода SectorSatellite завершено</t>
      <t id="103">Установка мода SectorSatellite завершена</t>
      <t id="104">Неправильно установлено значение в true или false, применяется значение по умолчанию до исправления ошибки!</t>
      <t id="105">Срок жизни должен быть в диапазоне от 80 до 600 секунд, применение значений по умолчанию до исправления значения диапазона!</t>

<t id="201">Отчет об обнаружении врага: %1 на %2 территории\n</t>
      <t id="211">Отчет разведки - Объектов интереса найдено в космосе:</t>
      <t id="212"> обнаружен запертый контейнер.</t>
      <t id="213">Доступен отчет разведки</t>
      <t id="214">и</t>
      <t id="215"> дополнительные станции.</t>
      <t id="220">Расположение:</t>

<t id="230">Спутник уничтожен</t>
      <t id="231">Ваш %1 был уничтожен в секторе: %2 объектом %3</t>
    </page>
</language>

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sun, 3. May 20, 15:24

alexalsp wrote:
Wed, 29. Apr 20, 05:34
Correction of the Russian text
Thank you!

Sandtrooper

Interdiction Probe - A problem

Post by Sandtrooper » Sat, 19. Feb 22, 20:36

In order to catch hostile L/XL ships as they come through my gates, I deployed an interdiction probe. What I failed to read/realise from the brief readme is that it will interrupt ALL factions instead of just those I deem hostile. The consequence was to turn Paranid miners and freighters red as they hit the crossroads. Is there anything in the xml that I can amend/add/delete in order to achieve this?

I deployed one at everyone's favourite choke point (
Spoiler
Show
crossroads of Nappy Fort VI
) because I hoped to catch and slow enemy capitals whilst defence platforms hit them simultaneously from above and below before they'd even enter my (and perhaps most peoples') preferred choice for first shipyard complex through the adjacent portal in that cul-de-sac to the 'north'.

Reasoning: Allowing free flight of non-hostiles to go about their business and only Xenon or other unsavouries to end up with noses pressed firmly against the windscreen.

Amusing mental picture: That scene in 'Expanse' when the first casualty of the 'Ring' met his sudden end at high speed. The camera just went red! :twisted:

Any pointers - if this is achievable would be very much appreciated. Also, I second the request made by another user: affecting the smaller craft of Xenon (or Kha'ak) with it too.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Fri, 14. Apr 23, 15:04

I love this mod, but for some reason the pirate detection marks Sagaris Pioneers as pirate ships, which leads to my defence platforms destroying them. My PIO rep went from 10 to 0 before I figured out what was going on. When I disabled the pirate feature it stopped happening.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Sat, 15. Apr 23, 15:10

Sturmer wrote:
Fri, 14. Apr 23, 15:04
I love this mod, but for some reason the pirate detection marks Sagaris Pioneers as pirate ships, which leads to my defence platforms destroying them. My PIO rep went from 10 to 0 before I figured out what was going on. When I disabled the pirate feature it stopped happening.
I consider the Segaris Pioneers as pirates or terrorists so that's a plus ;p

Maltyr

Post by Maltyr » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 00:23

Hi. Firstly thanks for perfect mod!

I noticed that Russian localization has not been updated a long time ago (4 years) and that it contains some errors and misprints. I updated it with translating of untranslated strings and with disposing of errors and misprints - almost all localization was remade.

And please add a possibility for translating of yield density - because words like "low", "medium" and "high" has no string with id (this is a screenshot with my localization tested in game):
https://i.imgur.com/ZIBMeJI.png

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<diff>
  <add sel="/language">
    <page id="927865" title="SectorSatellites" descr="Text of Sector Satellites" voice="no">
      <t id="1">SectorSatellites</t>
      <t id="2">Sector Satellites</t>

<t id="11">Зонд улучшенного спутника</t>
      <t id="12">Используется улучшенными спутниками.</t>
      <t id="13">Спутник враждебного присутствия</t>
      <t id="14">Служит для обнаружения вражеских кораблей классов L и XL. Активируется только при входе кораблей в радиус действия спутника.</t>
      <t id="15">Заградительный зонд</t>
      <t id="16">Повреждает двигатели больших вражеских кораблей, попавших в радиус действия зонда.</t>
      <t id="17">Разведзонд</t>
      <t id="18">Обнаруживает скрытые объекты в космосе.</t>
      <t id="19">Блок разведзондов</t>
      <t id="20">Разделяется на разведзонды, которые обнаруживают скрытые объекты, такие как хранилища данных, бесхозные корабли, станции и т.д. Одноразовый.</t>

<t id="21">Спутник враждебного присутствия \(Спящий режим\)</t>
      <t id="22">Спутник враждебного присутствия \(Активен\)</t>

<t id="101">SectorSatellite: Мод не найден. Убедитесь, что мод установлен в папку \(/X4 Foundations/extensions\). Мод НЕактивен!</t>
      <t id="102">Обновление мода SectorSatellite завершено</t>
      <t id="103">Установка мода SectorSatellite завершена</t>
      <t id="104">Было неверно установлено значение в true или false. Применены значения по умолчанию для исправления!</t>
      <t id="105">Значение активности должно быть от 80 до 600 секунд. Применены значения по умолчанию для исправления!</t>

<t id="201">Отчет об обнаружении врага: %1 на территории %2 \n</t>
      <t id="211">Отчет разведзондов - Найденные объекты интереса:</t>
      <t id="212"> ед. запертых контейнеров.</t>
      <t id="213">Доступен отчет разведки</t>
      <t id="214">и</t>
      <t id="215"> ед. дополнительных станций.</t>
      <t id="220">| Местоположение:</t>

<t id="230">Спутник уничтожен</t>
      <t id="231">Ваш %1 был уничтожен в секторе: %2 объектом %3</t>

<t id="23">Блок ресурсных разведзондов</t>
      <t id="24">Разделяется на ресурсные разведзонды, которые обнаруживают месторождения ресурсов и устанавливаются на лучшие из них.</t>
      <t id="25">Ресурсный разведзонд</t>
      <t id="26">Аналогичен исследовательскому зонду. Создан блоком ресурсных разведзондов.</t>

<t id="106">Значение таблицы для $resourcesToScan ошибочно. Применены значения по умолчанию для исправления!</t>
      <t id="107">Настройка %1 ошибочна. Применены значения по умолчанию для исправления!</t>

<t id="240">концентрация</t>
      <t id="241">/ км³</t>
      <t id="242">Отчет ресурсных разведзондов - Найденные ресурсы в</t>

<t id="401">Самоуничтожение %1 (ресурсный разведзонд)</t>
      <t id="402">Ни одного ресурсного разведзонда не найдено</t>
      <t id="403">Самоуничтожение %1 (исследовательский зонд)</t>
      <t id="404">Ни одного исследовательского зонда не найдено</t>
      <t id="405">Самоуничтожение %1 (персональный объект)</t>
      <t id="406">Ни одного персонального объекта не найдено</t>
      <t id="407">Удаление завершено</t>

<t id="408">Самоуничтожение %1 (деактивированные объекты по всей галактике)</t>
      <t id="409">Ни одного деактивированного объекта не найдено</t>
    </page>
  </add>
</diff>

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”