[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AtilaElari

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 5.7

Post by AtilaElari » Sat, 1. Aug 20, 12:31

st3k wrote:
Sat, 1. Aug 20, 09:08
winrar,
it says - This file has been damaged or has wrong format
Tried to download it now, and it works fine. I suggest reinstalling your archive reader/getting a different one.

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Sat, 1. Aug 20, 12:31

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 31. Jul 20, 20:27
kyrah wrote:
Fri, 31. Jul 20, 20:13
I hoped for regularly xenon invasions where i have to make big affords to save the universe
I don't touch the war logic at all. I could add more fleets which purpose is to invade though.
Please do. With more fleets AI should invade more often. At least I assume so.

st3k
x4

Post by st3k » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 03:56

AtilaElari wrote:
Sat, 1. Aug 20, 12:31
st3k wrote:
Sat, 1. Aug 20, 09:08
winrar,
it says - This file has been damaged or has wrong format
Tried to download it now, and it works fine. I suggest reinstalling your archive reader/getting a different one.
Thank you.

I tried to unpack the mod, by using 7zip, all worked good.

I did install it to extension folder.
How i will know its working? Any signs?
Thank you.

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 06:08

st3k wrote:
Sun, 2. Aug 20, 03:56
How i will know its working? Any signs?
Thank you.
You will see ships with new names, like Antigoni Militia, Argon Privateer and such.

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Thu, 6. Aug 20, 16:11

If I understand correctly, a fleet can be designated as defensive or offensive, correct?
I would suggest assigning more fleets to the offense, otherwise whatever attacks the AIs undertake mostly end up being gate-camped by a larger defensive fleet.

sanctific

Post by sanctific » Tue, 11. Aug 20, 00:42

Hi BlackRain,

For the diplomacy settings - are united paranid (trinity) relations still defined by faction="faction.paranid" or you missed that out?

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Tue, 11. Aug 20, 16:38

sanctific wrote:
Tue, 11. Aug 20, 00:42
Hi BlackRain,

For the diplomacy settings - are united paranid (trinity) relations still defined by faction="faction.paranid" or you missed that out?
You might want to test that diplomacy settings between factions actually works, cause so far for me it does not seem to have any effect.

Set 2 factions as enemy in FOCW using -1 , in game all the factions still act according to faction relations in Encyclopedia.

sanctific

Post by sanctific » Tue, 11. Aug 20, 20:10

Jaskan wrote:
Tue, 11. Aug 20, 16:38
sanctific wrote:
Hi BlackRain,

You might want to test that diplomacy settings between factions actually works, cause so far for me it does not seem to have any effect.

Set 2 factions as enemy in FOCW using -1 , in game all the factions still act according to faction relations in Encyclopedia.
Hm, weird. Mb the effect will only be noticeable in a fresh start ? Like, the ships that already exist are under the effect of vanilla relations scripts and only newly-built will have FOCW relations affecting them ? Thats a speculation only, I know nothing of how scripting works in X4.

Anyhow, why was I actually concerned about trinity - in my current save HAT is totally gone, ANT, TEL/MIN & ZYA/FRF are nearly obliterated by XEN (1-2 systems left for each), only trinity and argon still hold but on heavy defense vs XEN and all 3 of them are kinda stuck in that stalemate, making trinity hostile to ARG may resolve that (most likely getting both of them devoured by XEN, which is my goal in fact) without PC direct intervention. However, given the fact of extreme pressure from XEN on both of them I may see first argon vs trinity encounters in the best case scenario after a few hours of SETA wait, which is pointless waste of time just to check if paranid faction setting in FOCW actually represents trinity as well (mind you, SETA wait, which is =/= normal gameplay). Even if FOCW diplomacy works (which could be checked by editing config & starting a new game), it doesnt guarantee that PAR=Trinity, in which case that latter part of my previous sentence is applicable.

P.S: @BlackRain - how would one replicate that "resources from Xenon gods" event (or mb make it recurring)? Would serve my goal just as much as the diplomacy in relation to the above :)
P.P.S: Edited jobs.xml for XEN to some stupid numbers including miners/energy ships (tripled values according to focwsetup.xml maintaining the ratio, except for clusters, dunno what they do so went incremental by +1 with those). Hopefully I'll soon see some REALLY nasty XEN army at my (and Paranids+Argons') doorstep (aka XRM battles in X3:AP).

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 12. Aug 20, 03:37

Jaskan wrote:
sanctific wrote:
Hi BlackRain,

It should definitely work, but it might not happen immediately as the script needs to activate first. Also, did you make sure to activate the diplomacy feature correctly?

I may or may not release another version as I have sort of just gotten tired of modding lol.

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Wed, 12. Aug 20, 08:15

BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 12. Aug 20, 03:37
Jaskan wrote:
sanctific wrote:
Hi BlackRain,

It should definitely work, but it might not happen immediately as the script needs to activate first. Also, did you make sure to activate the diplomacy feature correctly?

I may or may not release another version as I have sort of just gotten tired of modding lol.
I dont use User Diplomacy , so that set to 0 at top of the file
I use inerfaction diplomacy , so that set to 1 at top of the file
And i set preferred faction relations below
Also i check for message in log saying FOCW settings applied or something similar to that

then go around the map to check, and has no effect, even after an hour or more, still no effect.

I suspect the other poster could have a point that maybe it only works once for new start, cause i have seen something that might point in that direction, but cant confirm.

You can do simple test on your end also, by selling ship to a faction whilst inside the sector of enemy faction, as per FOCW settings

And please dont get tired of moding X4 yet, atleast wait until we confirm whats up with Diplomacy settings :wink:

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Wed, 12. Aug 20, 11:36

BlackRain wrote:
Jaskan wrote:
sanctific wrote:
Hi BlackRain,

Also i check for message in log saying FOCW settings applied or something similar to that

then go around the map to check, and has no effect, even after an hour or more, still no effect.

I suspect the other poster could have a point that maybe it only works once for new start, cause i have seen something that might point in that direction, but cant confirm.

You can do simple test on your end also, by selling ship to a faction whilst inside the sector of enemy faction, as per FOCW settings

And please dont get tired of moding X4 yet, atleast wait until we confirm whats up with Diplomacy settings :wink:

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 12. Aug 20, 17:24

Jaskan wrote:
Wed, 12. Aug 20, 11:36
BlackRain wrote:
Jaskan wrote:

That isn't possible because first, it doesn't activate immediately. The script runs the first time at 10 seconds, but this is regardless of whether you had it set to 0 or 1. So even if it was 0 at first, the script would have run at 10 seconds. Then, it only runs every 20 minutes. I will try looking into it, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

sanctific

Post by sanctific » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 01:08

In relation to my previous post - no, paranid relations dont represent that of trinity, guess BlackRain has to add it (waited in SETA for ~15 min, no apparent change).

However, there is a workaround which isnt resorting to FOCW - edited my savegame file and added -1 lines for both argon and trinity, now they are mad at each other. Yet to see invasions and such, but opposing faction ships in each of their respective spaces get annihilated on sight.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 04:50

sanctific wrote:
Thu, 13. Aug 20, 01:08
In relation to my previous post - no, paranid relations dont represent that of trinity, guess BlackRain has to add it (waited in SETA for ~15 min, no apparent change).

However, there is a workaround which isnt resorting to FOCW - edited my savegame file and added -1 lines for both argon and trinity, now they are mad at each other. Yet to see invasions and such, but opposing faction ships in each of their respective spaces get annihilated on sight.
Sorry, forgot to reply but paranid and trinity are separate factions.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 17:20

I tested out the diplomacy code and it absolutely works. I can think of only three reasons it isn't working for you

1) You have some other mod conflicting with it.
2) You didn't configure it correctly
3) You didn't properly wait for the code to activate

I tested it and watched as Antigone and Argon ships started firing on each other as soon as the script kicked in. I also tested it on myself (player) and it works perfectly fine. It doesn't matter whether it is a new game or an existing game. However, if it is an existing game, you need to wait for a bit for the script to start. As for testing the script by selling ships to shipyards, this may not be the proper way to gauge it. When you sell a ship, not sure if it belongs to the faction you sell it to or how it works or it might be different between military and civilian ships, etc.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 18:02

FOCW Version 5.8

1) Added diplomacy for Trinity, Court and Buccaneers.
2) Added Xenon Apocalypse configuration options (This will allow Xenon to build an additional 30 destroyer fleets and 60 frigate squadrons) Keep in mind that they still need to build these ships and it takes time for them to build up and also they will send ships out to attack so it may take time to see a noticeable difference.

joshish
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 5.8

Post by joshish » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 19:03

"Xenon Apocalypse configuration"

I like!

MAX PAIN- VRO, Dynamic WAR, Rise of the Ossian Raider, FOCW and perhaps Reactive Factions if your suicidal.

Star wars mod when its finished for extra goodies + Terran DLC

I can't wait for my next game start.

sanctific

Post by sanctific » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 19:13

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 13. Aug 20, 18:02
FOCW Version 5.8

1) Added diplomacy for Trinity, Court and Buccaneers.
2) Added Xenon Apocalypse configuration options (This will allow Xenon to build an additional 30 destroyer fleets and 60 frigate squadrons) Keep in mind that they still need to build these ships and it takes time for them to build up and also they will send ships out to attack so it may take time to see a noticeable difference.
Great update, thank you!

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 20:37

sanctific wrote:

Thanks for this tip, i can see this faction relation inside the saved game file.
Just tried version 5.8 FOCW and still has no effect on faction relations.
So might have to start messing with saved game file, even though its a bit messy solution.

Would be nice to hear from other users for whom interfaction relations work.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 20:48

Jaskan wrote:
Thu, 13. Aug 20, 20:37
sanctific wrote:

Thanks for this tip, i can see this faction relation inside the saved game file.
Just tried version 5.8 FOCW and still has no effect on faction relations.
So might have to start messing with saved game file, even though its a bit messy solution.

Would be nice to hear from other users for whom interfaction relations work.
I wouldn't mess with the save game files, it could cause other issues. There is no reason that the script should not work unless one of the 3 reasons I mentioned. Do you have a mod which may be conflicting? What is your mod list?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”