[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 8. Sep 23, 22:21

Buzz2005 wrote:
Fri, 8. Sep 23, 14:54
BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 7. Sep 23, 22:10
I am not sure what you are asking about deadfill. Normally, the deadfill mod gives every faction the resources. I just changed it to only give to xenon.
can you change that in those Extensions settings or in the code? bc I would love that deadair fill for just xenons, maybe that would even solve why xenons cant supply defense stations to actually take over a sector

if its in code can you maybe upload it?
You have to edit the mdscript yourself and replace one part of it with this:

Code: Select all

<cue name="FindFillStations" instantiate="true">
					<conditions>
						<event_cue_signalled/>
					</conditions>
					<actions>
						<!-- DEBUG CHANCE VALUE -->
						<set_value name="$DAFillDebugChance" exact="false"/>
						<!-- FIND THE STATIONS -->
						<!--<find_station groupname="$FillStationGroup" append="true" multiple="true" space="player.galaxy" functional="true" tradestation="true">
							<match owner="faction.player" negate="true"/>
						</find_station>-->
						<find_station groupname="$FillStationGroup" append="true" multiple="true" space="player.galaxy" functional="true" shipyard="true">
							<!--<match owner="faction.player" negate="true"/>-->
							<match owner="faction.xenon"/>
						</find_station>
						<find_station groupname="$FillStationGroup" append="true" multiple="true" space="player.galaxy" functional="true" wharf="true">
						</find_station>
						<find_station groupname="$FillStationGroup" append="true" multiple="true" space="player.galaxy" functional="true" canequipships="true">
							<match_content class="class.buildmodule"/>
						</find_station>
						<!--<find_station groupname="$FillStationGroup" append="true" multiple="true" space="player.galaxy" functional="true" piratebase="true">
							<match owner="faction.player" negate="true"/>
						</find_station>-->
						<!-- NOTIFY OF STEP -->
						<debug_text text="'MOD: DeadAirFillv3 -- %1 -- Completed station search and found %2 stations'.[player.age,$FillStationGroup.count]" context="false" filter="scripts" chance="if @$DAFillDebugChance then ($DAFillDebugChance * 100) else 0"/>
					</actions>
					<cues>
						<cue name="ProcessWaresLoop">
							<delay exact="$DelayAlpha"/>
							<actions>
								<do_if value="$FillStationGroup.count gt 0">
									<set_value name="$Station" exact="$FillStationGroup.{1}"/>
									<debug_text text="'MOD: DeadAirFillv3 -- %1 -- Processing %2 in sector %3'.[player.age,$Station.knownname,$Station.sector.knownname]" context="false" filter="scripts" chance="if @$DAFillDebugChance then ($DAFillDebugChance * 100) else 0"/>
									<include_actions ref="ProcessWares"/>
									<remove_from_group group="$FillStationGroup" object="$Station"/>
									<reset_cue cue="this"/>
								</do_if>
								<do_else>
									<remove_value name="$Station"/>
								</do_else>
							</actions>
						</cue>
					</cues>
				</cue>
Well, all of this isn't even necessary really but it is just easier to replace the cue in the mdscript with this. So just replace the FindFillStations cue

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 11. Sep 23, 14:44

thank you, works great
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

DragonEye501
x3ap

Post by DragonEye501 » Thu, 11. Jan 24, 17:02

Is this compatible with 6.2? In my boron campaign, which I am only like 5 hours in, I have added the additional large fleets options but all of the shipyards are still not producing anything. I tried a fresh start aswell still only seeing the default amount of ships spawned at start.

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Thu, 11. Jan 24, 17:05

DragonEye501 wrote:
Thu, 11. Jan 24, 17:02
Is this compatible with 6.2? In my boron campaign, which I am only like 5 hours in, I have added the additional large fleets options but all of the shipyards are still not producing anything. I tried a fresh start aswell still only seeing the default amount of ships spawned at start.
When you read the first message in this thread, the first paragraph said this: "Every ship is built properly at a shipyard, no ships spawn." Which means they can have more, but need to be able to build them which takes time and resources. Start by checking resource availability.

Xenon might also need extra miners to help them because they trickle them to die, like immediately in the beginning from Savage Spur through Getsu Fune to The Void. Split are often so much in trouble that they might need Deadair Fill to have enough resources for even the normal allowed amount. So it requires a lot of testing and different map seeds probably also affect the result. I started with just adding those extra miners for Xen and extra defensive fleet for them, so I wouldn't be surprised at some point to see TER Intervention Asgard fleet having cleared Xenon sector.

That new start you did seems a bit fishy compared to this:
BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 28. Jun 23, 14:05
The good thing about activating the ships when you start a new game is that the game should start with all of those extra ships already existing in the game, so the factions would have that extra firepower and the xenon wouldn't.

DragonEye501
x3ap

Post by DragonEye501 » Thu, 11. Jan 24, 17:37

[quote=magitsu post_id=5212401 time=1704989143 user_id=522400]
[quote=DragonEye501 post_id=5212400 time=1704988967 user_id=502407]
[/quote]
When you read the first message in this thread, the first paragraph said this: "Every ship is built properly at a shipyard, no ships spawn." Which means they can have more, but need to be able to build them which takes time and resources. Start by checking resource availability.

Xenon might also need extra miners to help them because they trickle them to die, like immediately in the beginning from Savage Spur through Getsu Fune to The Void. Split are often so much in trouble that they might need Deadair Fill to have enough resources for even the normal allowed amount. So it requires a lot of testing and different map seeds probably also affect the result. I started with just adding those extra miners for Xen and extra defensive fleet for them, so I wouldn't be surprised at some point to see TER Intervention Asgard fleet having cleared Xenon sector.

That new start you did seems a bit fishy compared to this:
[quote=BlackRain post_id=5194405 time=1687953925 user_id=47757]
The good thing about activating the ships when you start a new game is that the game should start with all of those extra ships already existing in the game, so the factions would have that extra firepower and the xenon wouldn't.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Looks like you were right thank you for your help ^_^

dagger929
x4

Post by dagger929 » Sun, 14. Jan 24, 16:09

Does the player attacking commands in the XML work? I recall seeing somewhere where it was said this isn't really working.

Hoping it does!

Any plan to add in these settings for pioneers? Noticed they are missing

If I start a new game with all the FOCW settings cranked way up there, at new game, do they spawn in as filled jobs?

Only asking because with FOCW I'm getting the same military strength and # of ships as without and I have FOCW cranked way high.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 15. Jan 24, 02:39

dagger929 wrote:
Sun, 14. Jan 24, 16:09
Does the player attacking commands in the XML work? I recall seeing somewhere where it was said this isn't really working.

Hoping it does!

Any plan to add in these settings for pioneers? Noticed they are missing

If I start a new game with all the FOCW settings cranked way up there, at new game, do they spawn in as filled jobs?

Only asking because with FOCW I'm getting the same military strength and # of ships as without and I have FOCW cranked way high.
What do you mean player attacking commands? Do you mean fleets that are built to specifically target the player's assets? These are working if you are an enemy to a faction but they must be built.

Pioneers? I don't know if I will add them or not, maybe some day.

If you start a new game with all the FOCW settings turned on, the ships will spawn at game start. There will be many more fleets and such in the universe. If this is not happening, then something is wrong.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 16. Jan 24, 18:29

idk what im doing wrong, this is the number of ships I get when I start the new game with all options on max https://imgur.com/a/rWsK5OB

and when I start a new game without FOCW i get the same number, to be exact it was like 5 less in total ships

i get the welcome to focw notification so it loads properly

how can this be wrong edit? https://imgur.com/a/mS3gaEI
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 17. Jan 24, 00:09

Buzz2005 wrote:
Tue, 16. Jan 24, 18:29
idk what im doing wrong, this is the number of ships I get when I start the new game with all options on max https://imgur.com/a/rWsK5OB

and when I start a new game without FOCW i get the same number, to be exact it was like 5 less in total ships

I don't know what is going on, maybe the numbers being reported are wrong? I am not sure. Try looking to see if you can find any fleets named differently (the ones I named). Or something else is happening, they should get built eventually anyway I would assume.

What mod is that? Maybe I will take a look at it if I can get a chance.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 17. Jan 24, 07:55

BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 17. Jan 24, 00:09
Buzz2005 wrote:

I don't know what is going on, maybe the numbers being reported are wrong? I am not sure. Try looking to see if you can find any fleets named differently (the ones I named). Or something else is happening, they should get built eventually anyway I would assume.

I have not seen any of your ships, it is weird and at least I hope if they don't get spawned in new start to at least get built

the mod is deadairs dynamic wars, it has info on lots of stuff under extensions options as well as military strength

the new game loads to quickly to have all those ships in new game anyway, and just to be safe i removed all mods but deadairs dynamicwars, deadairfill, FOCW and sir nukes API mod

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 19. Jan 24, 01:32

Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 17. Jan 24, 07:55
BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 17. Jan 24, 00:09
Buzz2005 wrote:

I have not seen any of your ships, it is weird and at least I hope if they don't get spawned in new start to at least get built

the mod is deadairs dynamic wars, it has info on lots of stuff under extensions options as well as military strength

the new game loads to quickly to have all those ships in new game anyway, and just to be safe i removed all mods but deadairs dynamicwars, deadairfill, FOCW and sir nukes API mod
Check to see if they get built over time then and let me know.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 19. Jan 24, 10:13

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 19. Jan 24, 01:32
enabled focw with all settings on max in a existing late game save, first thing i noticed is yaki everywhere and i see xenons building those intervention ships (this are yours?), so i guess that works, what are the names off your ships anyway?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 20. Jan 24, 01:03

Buzz2005 wrote:
Fri, 19. Jan 24, 10:13
BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 19. Jan 24, 01:32
enabled focw with all settings on max in a existing late game save, first thing i noticed is yaki everywhere and i see xenons building those intervention ships (this are yours?), so i guess that works, what are the names off your ships anyway?
Intervention ships? Not sure what those are.

Xenon should be Terraformer something fleet or squadron, then there are Inquisition, reformation, Privateer, Republican guard, ships like that.

Blackbirdx61
x4

Re: [WIP - MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 0.1

Post by Blackbirdx61 » Sat, 20. Jan 24, 06:59

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 14. Dec 18, 01:10
There is code in place that has factions canceling invasions. This is dependent on the 'mood' of the faction but every faction has a point where they won't invade if they are just so much more powerful than the one they are invading. This of course can be changed.
Been going through this old thread, and this might well be obsolete, but I am wondering if that bit of logic could just be commented out. As this just is not how the world has ever worked, I mean if I'm Prussia 1850 (200K men) and Saxony 20K men is on my border, they better have some very big friends, or be at peace with becoming a Vassel. So if your that much bigger to my mind that is more reason to invade not less.

BTW, can your Factions settings be used without tweaking the fleet numbers. I had to turn off the mod for now, I spent 3Days on a battle for the void, killed just tons of Xenons, and looking into Frontierrs Edge did not make a dent. Still pretty new at X4 only like my third playthrough, and I think I need to adjust those check event times, but I'm ok with Vanilla fleets I think, I just want to see them fight more. Right now. I see these huge fleets basically on parade, especially the Argons. No need for a deep technical anwser, just wondering if what I'm thinking sounds possible.

1. Can the mood mechanic be adjusted to the greater the imbalance the more likely a faction is to move.
2. Just use the faction logic part of the mod. I was thinking of a Argon/Terran vs Reptile War. Humans living in Peace with the Lizard necks feels wrong to me, Heck we are yet to figure out how to live at peace with other humans. : )

Last but certainly not least, TY so much for your work. It improves the game, and I have learned a good bit about XML studying your files.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP - MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 0.1

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 21. Jan 24, 18:33

Blackbirdx61 wrote:
Sat, 20. Jan 24, 06:59
BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 14. Dec 18, 01:10
There is code in place that has factions canceling invasions. This is dependent on the 'mood' of the faction but every faction has a point where they won't invade if they are just so much more powerful than the one they are invading. This of course can be changed.
Been going through this old thread, and this might well be obsolete, but I am wondering if that bit of logic could just be commented out. As this just is not how the world has ever worked, I mean if I'm Prussia 1850 (200K men) and Saxony 20K men is on my border, they better have some very big friends, or be at peace with becoming a Vassel. So if your that much bigger to my mind that is more reason to invade not less.

BTW, can your Factions settings be used without tweaking the fleet numbers. I had to turn off the mod for now, I spent 3Days on a battle for the void, killed just tons of Xenons, and looking into Frontierrs Edge did not make a dent. Still pretty new at X4 only like my third playthrough, and I think I need to adjust those check event times, but I'm ok with Vanilla fleets I think, I just want to see them fight more. Right now. I see these huge fleets basically on parade, especially the Argons. No need for a deep technical anwser, just wondering if what I'm thinking sounds possible.

1. Can the mood mechanic be adjusted to the greater the imbalance the more likely a faction is to move.
2. Just use the faction logic part of the mod. I was thinking of a Argon/Terran vs Reptile War. Humans living in Peace with the Lizard necks feels wrong to me, Heck we are yet to figure out how to live at peace with other humans. : )

Last but certainly not least, TY so much for your work. It improves the game, and I have learned a good bit about XML studying your files.
Well anything can change if you code it, but to really change the invasion mechanics you would need to create your own factionlogic scripts to determine how they will act. The biggest issue with factions gaining a lot of territory is that they only have a certain amount of ships. They won't expand if they do not have the ships needed to expand, etc. Eventually they usually stop their expansion at some point and battles become less frequent because of a lack of ships. Having more ships allows them to fight more and expand more. You can use the relation change part of the scripts just fine without anything else so you can make Argon/Terran ally and have them go to war with the teladi.

dagger929
x4

Post by dagger929 » Sun, 10. Mar 24, 01:23

Do these settings work? I'm not noticing anything different and I found older posts here talking about spawned stuff not working despite being in the mod:
<!-- Do you want to activate XENON SPAWNED SHIPS. Choose the options below, put a 0 to turn off and a 1 to turn on. -->
<set_value name="$activateXenspawneddestroyerfleet" exact="0" /> <!-- This will activate Xenon Destroyer fleets that spawn. They are accompanied by a dozen or so fighters and a few frigates -->
<set_value name="$activateXenspawnedcarrierfleet" exact="0" /> <!-- This will activate Xenon I fleets that spawn. They are accompanied by a couple dozen or so fighters and a several frigates -->
<set_value name="$activateXenspawnedminers" exact="0" /> <!-- This will activate Xenon Miners and Energy Transports that will spawn. There are several for each that spawn and they will spawn every few minutes up to a total of 6 for each. Once 6 for each is reached, no more spawn until destroyed. -->

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 10. Mar 24, 13:48

dagger929 wrote:
Sun, 10. Mar 24, 01:23
Do these settings work? I'm not noticing anything different and I found older posts here talking about spawned stuff not working despite being in the mod:
<!-- Do you want to activate XENON SPAWNED SHIPS. Choose the options below, put a 0 to turn off and a 1 to turn on. -->
<set_value name="$activateXenspawneddestroyerfleet" exact="0" /> <!-- This will activate Xenon Destroyer fleets that spawn. They are accompanied by a dozen or so fighters and a few frigates -->
<set_value name="$activateXenspawnedcarrierfleet" exact="0" /> <!-- This will activate Xenon I fleets that spawn. They are accompanied by a couple dozen or so fighters and a several frigates -->
<set_value name="$activateXenspawnedminers" exact="0" /> <!-- This will activate Xenon Miners and Energy Transports that will spawn. There are several for each that spawn and they will spawn every few minutes up to a total of 6 for each. Once 6 for each is reached, no more spawn until destroyed. -->
I remember trying to get it to work but it wasn't for some reason and I don't think I delved into it more at the time and just left them in a state of not working or maybe I tied them to normal fleets they could build, I forgot. I will have to look into it.

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Wed, 20. Mar 24, 18:48

Hello BlackRain, Been using your mod for the last 3 years so thank you for that, just one question though, if I activate Yaki ships that spawn, is there a timer for the ships to spawn ? or do they spawn as soon as they get smashed ?
Thank you and thank you for the fantastic mod.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 20. Mar 24, 23:42

Bozz11 wrote:
Wed, 20. Mar 24, 18:48
Hello BlackRain, Been using your mod for the last 3 years so thank you for that, just one question though, if I activate Yaki ships that spawn, is there a timer for the ships to spawn ? or do they spawn as soon as they get smashed ?
Thank you and thank you for the fantastic mod.
I don't remember how I set them up, if I had tried to get them to spawn then they probably wouldn't work. I wasn't able to get ships to spawn for some reason back when I was trying to do it. I would have to look into it again.

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Thu, 21. Mar 24, 10:36

After activating the spawn option for YAKI ships, it does spawn a lot of ships for them.
Just not sure at what frequencies, but they went for 15 M ships to over 150 as soon as I loaded the save.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”