[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Dreamtide
x4

Re: [WIP - MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 2.3Alpha

Post by Dreamtide » Sun, 20. Jan 19, 21:31

Just a weird observation- I haven't seen a single NPC marine at a station since I started using this mod.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 20. Jan 19, 21:44

Dreamtide wrote:
Sun, 20. Jan 19, 21:31
Just a weird observation- I haven't seen a single NPC marine at a station since I started using this mod.
They're rare but they do exist.

Also I use the Various NPC mod to increase the variety of job types for NPC's

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/27

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 20. Jan 19, 22:11

unit757 wrote:
Sun, 20. Jan 19, 20:35
BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 20. Jan 19, 19:48
unit757 wrote:
Sun, 20. Jan 19, 19:02
Ok so it's not a conflicting mod issue, I am running 2.3 and the Xenon L pulse turret only does 182MW of damage. Compared to even the Xenon M sized pulse turret, which is doing 750MW.

I doubled the damage value in the FOCW mod folder, and it's now showing 364MW, so it's not a case of another mod overwriting it.
I don't know what you mean exactly but I made changes to that turret. It fires 6 shots in a burst, each shot does significant damage. I don't know that the fact you are seeing 182MW of damage matters?
Because they seem to be doing barely any damage. Even with multiple turrets hitting, K's are struggling against capital ships.

I can't remember exactly what version it was, but before I would loose on average 50% of my shields while closing in to my weapons range in my Taranis, which uses 2 XL Argon shields. Now, I take the hit but I'm recharged by the time it fires it next volley.

The real question here is what does that damage value represent. Is that the damage per laser? Meaning it does about 1.1k from 6 lasers in a volley? Even if that's the case, the Xenon's primary anti-capital weapon is still doing a fraction of the damage a medium plasma turret does, never mind the M Bolt turrets.

I absolutely love this mod, and the work your doing in it is amazing, I'm just concerned because even with these changes as soon as capital ships show up they walk all over the Xenon.

Please don't take this as criticism or anything, I know this is a fairly large undertaking for one person.
I am not taking it as criticism. I am just not seeing it myself. I have seen plenty of fights with xenon and they seem to be plenty powerful by my observation. It isnt difficult to just change the damage, i just am not seeing the issue but i will pay attention to this and see. I mean the damage is already like 700 or something.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 20. Jan 19, 22:13

Requiemfang wrote:
Sun, 20. Jan 19, 21:44
Dreamtide wrote:

I already have something like this. Using the various npc mod is redundant or one may even be overriding the other. The reason you arent seeing a lot of marines is because i set it so that normal stations only have like 10% chance. If you go to a defence station though, it is pike 40 or 50% i forgot

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 20. Jan 19, 22:25

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 20. Jan 19, 22:13
Requiemfang wrote:
Dreamtide wrote:

I already have something like this. Using the various npc mod is redundant or one may even be overriding the other. The reason you arent seeing a lot of marines is because i set it so that normal stations only have like 10% chance. If you go to a defence station though, it is pike 40 or 50% i forgot
Good to know this now, one less mod I can have enabled. I had already disabled the learn all the things mod when I first installed this mod.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 20. Jan 19, 23:39

Requiemfang wrote:
Sun, 20. Jan 19, 22:25
BlackRain wrote:
Requiemfang wrote:

Good to know this now, one less mod I can have enabled. I had already disabled the learn all the things mod when I first installed this mod.
I set it so that engineers and pilots are common on normal stations, managers are a little more rare but can be found and marines are more rare. It is somewhat the opposite on defence stations with marines, pilots, engineers and managers being more or less common in that order

pflip
x4

Post by pflip » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 07:59

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 20. Jan 19, 23:39

I set it so that engineers and pilots are common on normal stations, managers are a little more rare but can be found and marines are more rare. It is somewhat the opposite on defence stations with marines, pilots, engineers and managers being more or less common in that order
Maybe make the Managers more common in Trade Stations ?

--- Pflip

---- Imperare sibi maximum imperium est -----

Dreamtide
x4

Post by Dreamtide » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 14:16

BlackRain wrote:
Requiemfang wrote:
Dreamtide wrote:

Aha, good to know. Yeah, I don't usually have a reason to land on the defense stations so that'd explain it.

Dreamtide
x4

Post by Dreamtide » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 14:46

Random feedback: The thing I used to love about my Peregrine was that with it's 3 shields it could afterburn for days. Looks like now that's been abolished so I run out at the same rate as the other ships? That's a bummer; I always considered that one of the reasons to get it vs. the Nemesis.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 15:49

Dreamtide wrote:
Mon, 21. Jan 19, 14:46
Random feedback: The thing I used to love about my Peregrine was that with it's 3 shields it could afterburn for days. Looks like now that's been abolished so I run out at the same rate as the other ships? That's a bummer; I always considered that one of the reasons to get it vs. the Nemesis.
Why would it be the same rate? It has more shields so it can go longer than others bursting and regen is different based on faction

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 18:02

Hi, BlackRain!

Thank you for awesome mod. Before I try it though, I have a few questions. In the game's current state the war logic is broken because there are multiple scripts that devs intentionally excluded that make factions build defense stations in enemy sectors. Xenon and Kha'ak don't do it at all, since they don't have builder ships. They supposed to just make carnage in local faction space sectors and retreat back to their own. In the vanilla or even modded game, Xenon and Kha'ah not only quite weak, but also don't have enough lasting power/resources to continue their advance in local faction space. I read that you have drastically increased Xenon and Kha'ak abilities, shields, hulls, and their ship numbers, but this will only be a short lasting pleasure. Were you able to come up with something that would allow them, as well as hostile to each other factions to sustain their wars?

Because of several things left out purposefully by the developers, factions currently don't know how to really wage wars or most importantly - how to sustain their war effort. Because of that - the war effort missions don't work, especially the invasion part. You mentioned the vanilla war logic in a few posts, but it is currently broken due to the above problem. There is a short script that gives factions back the ability to build defense stations, but it creates other underlying issues. The factions currently don't know how to make fleets, they just create ships and randomly make them patrol. I see fleets only when I create a new game, but they all disappear after a certain time, most likely destroy each other during the short carnage of hostile factions. New fleets never appear, I see random capital ships or random Ms or some disorganized ship formation in sectors.

Another big issue - enemies or hostile factions get stuck on destroying build storage modules, which are currently indestructible. There is a mod to get around that, but it doesn't seem to be working all the way. So the biggest issues I see right now:

- Factions don't know how to make war and most importantly sustain their advancement. The wars just die out.
- All the factions don't know how to create fleets or replenish their numbers to sustain their military advancement.
- indestructible build storage, prevents hostile factions to continue their advancement from station to station and get stuck after they destroying first station.

In other words, everything that is related to war, is broken or not working and missing vanilla logic/scripts.
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

amox
x4

Post by amox » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 18:11

@ reanor

FOCW creates something like invasion fleets and those attack the other factions.
just from a few patch notes

Version 1.9 FOCW Alpha
1) Now any faction (except alliance right now) you are enemy with will send fleets to attack your owned sectors. If you don't own a sector, they won't send fleets after you.
2) Xenon send new fleets out to attack any faction anywhere. (assuming they get there)

Version 1.8 FOCW Alpha
2) New Xenon defense fleets and ships which will only defend Xenon territory and never leave.
3) New Xenon attack fleets which target Argon and Antigone owned sectors only.
4) New Xenon attack fleets which target player owned sectors only.

I can assure you that those fleets are working. I encountered several Xenon I + follow wing ships attacking faction sectors. Largest Xenon fleet I found 1x Xenon I together with 6x Xenon K

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 19:21

How about adding torpedo tubes for destroyer gimbal weapon? Thise would give them some more teeth other than those dissapointing pew pew pew lasers.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 19:30

reanor wrote:
Mon, 21. Jan 19, 18:02
Hi, BlackRain!

Thank you for awesome mod. Before I try it though, I have a few questions. In the game's current state the war logic is broken because there are multiple scripts that devs intentionally excluded that make factions build defense stations in enemy sectors. Xenon and Kha'ak don't do it at all, since they don't have builder ships. They supposed to just make carnage in local faction space sectors and retreat back to their own. In the vanilla or even modded game, Xenon and Kha'ah not only quite weak, but also don't have enough lasting power/resources to continue their advance in local faction space. I read that you have drastically increased Xenon and Kha'ak abilities, shields, hulls, and their ship numbers, but this will only be a short lasting pleasure. Were you able to come up with something that would allow them, as well as hostile to each other factions to sustain their wars?

Because of several things left out purposefully by the developers, factions currently don't know how to really wage wars or most importantly - how to sustain their war effort. Because of that - the war effort missions don't work, especially the invasion part. You mentioned the vanilla war logic in a few posts, but it is currently broken due to the above problem. There is a short script that gives factions back the ability to build defense stations, but it creates other underlying issues. The factions currently don't know how to make fleets, they just create ships and randomly make them patrol. I see fleets only when I create a new game, but they all disappear after a certain time, most likely destroy each other during the short carnage of hostile factions. New fleets never appear, I see random capital ships or random Ms or some disorganized ship formation in sectors.

Another big issue - enemies or hostile factions get stuck on destroying build storage modules, which are currently indestructible. There is a mod to get around that, but it doesn't seem to be working all the way. So the biggest issues I see right now:

- Factions don't know how to make war and most importantly sustain their advancement. The wars just die out.
- All the factions don't know how to create fleets or replenish their numbers to sustain their military advancement.
- indestructible build storage, prevents hostile factions to continue their advancement from station to station and get stuck after they destroying first station.

In other words, everything that is related to war, is broken or not working and missing vanilla logic/scripts.
I am already aware of all of this. This mod does not touch faction logic though. It adds fleets which will attack their enemies and has nothing to do with the factionlogic so as long as the faction has resources and hasn't lost their shipyard, they will be able to attack just fine. The mod does several other things as well.

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 20:00

amox wrote:
Mon, 21. Jan 19, 18:11
@ reanor

FOCW creates something like invasion fleets and those attack the other factions.
just from a few patch notes

Version 1.9 FOCW Alpha
1) Now any faction (except alliance right now) you are enemy with will send fleets to attack your owned sectors. If you don't own a sector, they won't send fleets after you.
2) Xenon send new fleets out to attack any faction anywhere. (assuming they get there)

Version 1.8 FOCW Alpha
2) New Xenon defense fleets and ships which will only defend Xenon territory and never leave.
3) New Xenon attack fleets which target Argon and Antigone owned sectors only.
4) New Xenon attack fleets which target player owned sectors only.

I can assure you that those fleets are working. I encountered several Xenon I + follow wing ships attacking faction sectors. Largest Xenon fleet I found 1x Xenon I together with 6x Xenon K
Thanks! I am still curious about some things though. I will reply on BlackRain's post for that part.
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 20:03

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 21. Jan 19, 19:30
reanor wrote:
Hi, BlackRain!

I am already aware of all of this. This mod does not touch faction logic though. It adds fleets which will attack their enemies and has nothing to do with the factionlogic so as long as the faction has resources and hasn't lost their shipyard, they will be able to attack just fine. The mod does several other things as well.
Thanks for replying BR. One concern, do the factions/Xenon/Kha'ak send fleets continually? Is it balanced to prevent creating a total distraction of the faction sectors and will opposing factions be able to defend themselves? Also, if I just plug in the FOCW mod into my current game where I have money, how long will it take for fleets to organize and start attacking?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 21:01

reanor wrote:
Mon, 21. Jan 19, 20:03
BlackRain wrote:
reanor wrote:
Hi, BlackRain!

Thanks for replying BR. One concern, do the factions/Xenon/Kha'ak send fleets continually? Is it balanced to prevent creating a total distraction of the faction sectors and will opposing factions be able to defend themselves? Also, if I just plug in the FOCW mod into my current game where I have money, how long will it take for fleets to organize and start attacking?
To be clear, I did not touch Khaak at all so no changes with them. As for every other faction, there will be increased fleets and ships (including those the factionlogic uses). As for the other fleets which aren't used by factionlogic, they will be built just like any other ship. Assuming the faction has enough resources, ships will get built. There are also fleets which will invade xenon territory and even player territory if the player makes enemies of factions. Balancing is a tricky thing so it is hard to say who will be stronger than others but even after a long playthrough, the factions are doing okay. The player needs to get involved in the economy though, otherwise there will eventually be some holes in it but it takes a while for that to happen and can be fixed with the player's involvement.

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 21:24

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 21. Jan 19, 21:01
reanor wrote:
BlackRain wrote:

To be clear, I did not touch Khaak at all so no changes with them. As for every other faction, there will be increased fleets and ships (including those the factionlogic uses). As for the other fleets which aren't used by factionlogic, they will be built just like any other ship. Assuming the faction has enough resources, ships will get built. There are also fleets which will invade xenon territory and even player territory if the player makes enemies of factions. Balancing is a tricky thing so it is hard to say who will be stronger than others but even after a long playthrough, the factions are doing okay. The player needs to get involved in the economy though, otherwise there will eventually be some holes in it but it takes a while for that to happen and can be fixed with the player's involvement.
Thank you for your answers BR, what about the last question: if I just plug in the FOCW mod into my current game where I have money, how long will it take for threats to develop? Does it depend on the time it takes for every ship in the fleet to be built, or will the fleets spawn and start attacking as soon as game is started? The economy has my influence for a while in this playthrough, so this part should be fine, unless your mod has to be active before this influence is developed. In that case, I'd have to start a new game, which I probably don't want to do again... bleh.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 22:27

reanor wrote:
Mon, 21. Jan 19, 21:24
BlackRain wrote:
reanor wrote:

Thank you for your answers BR, what about the last question: if I just plug in the FOCW mod into my current game where I have money, how long will it take for threats to develop? Does it depend on the time it takes for every ship in the fleet to be built, or will the fleets spawn and start attacking as soon as game is started? The economy has my influence for a while in this playthrough, so this part should be fine, unless your mod has to be active before this influence is developed. In that case, I'd have to start a new game, which I probably don't want to do again... bleh.
You don't need to start a new game but it will take a little bit for things to kick in and a lot of fleets wont start getting built until around 60 to 90 minutes of continuous play

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 22:52

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 21. Jan 19, 22:27
reanor wrote:
Mon, 21. Jan 19, 21:24
BlackRain wrote:

You don't need to start a new game but it will take a little bit for things to kick in and a lot of fleets wont start getting built until around 60 to 90 minutes of continuous play
Ok, thanks! I'll use SETA! :twisted:

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”