[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP - MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 3.2Alpha

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 8. Apr 19, 15:01

Buzz2005 wrote:
Mon, 8. Apr 19, 10:02
btw would it not be better if instead of spawning miner ship you just spawn material in shipyards and wharfs for xenon only ofcourse

I just think that xenon should be a constant pestilence on everybody all the time and this would be the safest way

This miner business is needless if we are ok with cheating :gruebel:
It''s not really cheating, there are some rules to it (like taking over sectors will stop the spawning or weakening a faction enough). Cheating in resources is just cheating lol. I think faction ai mod has something in place for decreasing cost to build ships if a faction is not doing well.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 8. Apr 19, 15:32

But that all collapses if there is no miners to bring materials
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 8. Apr 19, 15:35

Buzz2005 wrote:
Mon, 8. Apr 19, 15:32
But that all collapses if there is no miners to bring materials
There should be miners though. The script should activate the miners at about the 30 min mark or so and the ships should spawn every three minutes if they get destroyed. I don't really have the time to test it. Will look into it when I can

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP - MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 3.3Alpha

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 26. Apr 19, 21:22

Version 3.3 FOCW Alpha
1) Issues with Xenon ships not spawning "should" be fixed. All Xenon miners and such should spawn now, let me know if you are still not seeing any Xenon ships (for those whose xenon are no longer producing). In my game, the Xenon are doing okay.
2) More Xenon ships/fleets will be built.
3) Stronger Xenon ships (increase in shielding and hull)
4) Slight increase in speed of Xenon M pulse turrets.

Please keep in mind, make a save before you load this version because of the increase in Xenon ships. Let me know how performance is for you over time. Also, let me know if the Xenon do better in your universe over all. Don't expect immediate changes but hopefully the xenon will progressively do better. Let me know.

rosssack
x4

Post by rosssack » Sat, 27. Apr 19, 16:17

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 26. Apr 19, 21:22
Version 3.3 FOCW Alpha
1) Issues with Xenon ships not spawning "should" be fixed. All Xenon miners and such should spawn now, let me know if you are still not seeing any Xenon ships (for those whose xenon are no longer producing). In my game, the Xenon are doing okay.

Please keep in mind, make a save before you load this version because of the increase in Xenon ships. Let me know how performance is for you over time. Also, let me know if the Xenon do better in your universe over all. Don't expect immediate changes but hopefully the xenon will progressively do better. Let me know.
hi I did a fast run through the miners are working now keeping the shipyards running ,im on beta 2.50

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 27. Apr 19, 16:20

rosssack wrote:
Sat, 27. Apr 19, 16:17
BlackRain wrote:
Version 3.3 FOCW Alpha

hi I did a fast run through the miners are working now keeping the shipyards running ,im on beta 2.50
Sorry, are you saying that my changes seem to be working and miners are doing their thing or are you saying that 2.5 made miners work better?

rosssack
x4

Post by rosssack » Sat, 27. Apr 19, 16:34

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 27. Apr 19, 16:20
rosssack wrote:
BlackRain wrote:
Version 3.3 FOCW Alpha

Sorry, are you saying that my changes seem to be working and miners are doing their thing or are you saying that 2.5 made miners work better?
im saying your changes seem to be working very well ,have now idea if they changed miner AI in the 2.50 build

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 27. Apr 19, 17:37

rosssack wrote:
Sat, 27. Apr 19, 16:34
BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 27. Apr 19, 16:20
rosssack wrote:
im saying your changes seem to be working very well ,have now idea if they changed miner AI in the 2.50 build
K, good. Glad to hear it. In my game, the Xenon are definitely stronger than they were. Still difficult for them because they have to fight so many enemies but they are gaining some ground.

Kobram
x4

Post by Kobram » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 02:21

Hi everyone, I have a huge problem with this mod.

It seems that as soon as the relationship with Argon +10 the fleets with mk1 become hostile and attack me! but didn't I do anything? do you know the reason?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 03:02

Kobram wrote:
Sun, 28. Apr 19, 02:21

It seems that as soon as the relationship with Argon +10 the fleets with mk1 become hostile and attack me! but didn't I do anything? do you know the reason?
I am sorry, but I do not understand what you are saying here. This mod adds ships to the game, it has nothing to do with faction relation. Using this mod should not affect your relations with a faction.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 14:32

Kobram wrote:
Sun, 28. Apr 19, 02:21

This might have nothing to do with the actual mod.

Check if you have following:
- any ship assigned to defend the stations.
- any ships to set to patrol command.
- any ship set to defend the area.

Currently in vanilla X4 there is broken feature that your patrol/defend ships will respond to distress call from two warring factions, even if both of them are friendly with you (this migth be fixed in 3.0 when Egosoft will review the sector ownership feature).
It might be that the attack is just coincident with the moment you got 10+ rank. but has nothing to do with it.

It's a reason why I do not use patrol/defend nor I assign any combat ships to the defend stations.

Spiny_Ewg
x4

Post by Spiny_Ewg » Fri, 10. May 19, 11:01

the fourth day of the game , xenon hopelessly loses... :cry:

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 12. May 19, 04:44

Spiny_Ewg wrote:
Fri, 10. May 19, 11:01
That's strange. Did you put the mod in when you created a new game or later? They usually seem to do well in my game, but there does seem to be an issue with Xenon ships and OOS combat.

Spiny_Ewg
x4

Post by Spiny_Ewg » Sun, 12. May 19, 07:26

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 12. May 19, 04:44
Spiny_Ewg wrote:
That's strange. Did you put the mod in when you created a new game or later? They usually seem to do well in my game, but there does seem to be an issue with Xenon ships and OOS combat.
Started the game with your mod, but I still have a mod "war factions"
Xenon lost those two system which border with argon, now they argon

CptAWatts
x3tc

Post by CptAWatts » Wed, 15. May 19, 20:20

Does the current version work with the 2.5 Betas?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 18. May 19, 01:10

CptAWatts wrote:
Wed, 15. May 19, 20:20
Yes. It should always work with any new version.

I am considering lowering significantly the number of normal faction ships and increasing number of xenon ships. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Spiny_Ewg
x4

Post by Spiny_Ewg » Wed, 22. May 19, 10:36

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 18. May 19, 01:10
CptAWatts wrote:
Wed, 15. May 19, 20:20
Yes. It should always work with any new version.

I am considering lowering significantly the number of normal faction ships and increasing number of xenon ships. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Think, Strengthen the xenon can be respawntime ships, who will join the xenon fleet. The cessation of spawning to make depending on the life of any xenon buildings...

CptAWatts
x3tc

Post by CptAWatts » Thu, 23. May 19, 19:37

Is there any way to influence how fast a faction takes a sector? Without actually fighting I mean.

unit757
x4

Post by unit757 » Fri, 24. May 19, 20:32

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 12. May 19, 04:44
Spiny_Ewg wrote:
Xenon ships seem to loose all their weapons extremely quickly in OOS combat. They are strong even in vanilla if your IS when a fresh K shows up, but as soon as you leave the area it looses all it's guns shortly after. I'm not currently running FOCW, so it's definitely nothing you've done.

Xenon ships also don't seem to get many ticks in OOS combat. I watch groups of P's or M's tangling with stuff they can easily roll over, but OOS most of the time just registers them getting hit, but usually not them doing any damage. Again, happens in vanilla

Spiny_Ewg
x4

Post by Spiny_Ewg » Mon, 27. May 19, 05:33

It would be nice xenon reinforce that without the player the other races slowly lose.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”