[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 6.3

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 22:12

Just some info for people using this or thinking of using this. I am currently testing a game with VRO, FOCW and FOCW Corporations. I am not using Faction war/economy at all. So all vanilla factionlogic.

I have most of the Xenon options to full. The Xenon have taken Both Turquoise sectors, Company Regard, Hewa's Twin II, and Litany of Fury IX. I have a powerful fleet in Tharka's cascade XV keeping the xenon from Matrix 79B from coming through. I am currently trying to defend both Fires of Defeat and Family Tkr from the Xenon in the two Matrix sectors bordering them. Been fighting huge waves of fighters in Fires of Defeat.

A lot of action going on is my point. Now I am trying to deliver wave after wave of hull parts to the Zyarch shipyard and wharf to keep them building and now building up more infrastructure for ship producing goods.

This is a save which is almost 3 days in.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 01:03

Thanks for the update. We're good to retain our existing config files this time, yes? No need to overwrite and re-edit?

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 01:10

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 01:03
Thanks for the update. We're good to retain our existing config files this time, yes? No need to overwrite and re-edit?

Scoob.
Oh I should have mentioned, I made changes to the FOCW file so you should definitely overwrite and re-edit. Sorry about that.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 01:17

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 01:10
Oh I should have mentioned, I made changes to the FOCW file so you should definitely overwrite and re-edit. Sorry about that.
Ok, no problem. I make minimal edits, so I shouldn't miss anything re-editing.

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 02:12

Let me know if you would like to see more of a certain type of fleet or more options.

raim729
x4

Post by raim729 » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 11:31

Thanks for update.
6.30 can now be seen.
Finally xenon too.
I've always played FOCW with these mod Pirates & Xenon Mod + 4.0.
But with Pirates & Xenon Mod + 4.0, Xenon stations, all factions.
I don't think that's good.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 16:07

raim729 wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 11:31
Thanks for update.
6.30 can now be seen.
Finally xenon too.
Hi Raim, sorry but I don't understand clearly what you mean at the end there.

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 16:24

Thank you very much for the update, for what its worth this MOD really completes the game

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 17:08

Jaskan wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 16:24
Thank you very much for the update, for what its worth this MOD really completes the game
Glad you like it, just let me know if there are any requests. I can add all kinds of content.

raim729
x4

Post by raim729 » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 18:08

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 16:07
raim729 wrote:
Thanks for update.
6.30 can now be seen.
Finally xenon too.
Pirates & Xenon Mod + 4.0,
Xenon stations are in all sectors.
Not good.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 18:18

raim729 wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 18:08
BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 16:07
raim729 wrote:
Thanks for update.
6.30 can now be seen.
Finally xenon too.
Pirates & Xenon Mod + 4.0,
Xenon stations are in all sectors.
Not good.
Oh I see, you mean that you are having trouble with the xenon.

raim729
x4

Post by raim729 » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 21:27

No, no xenon, problems.
Xenon-stations, all overs Sectoren.
That . Not good.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 21:44

raim729 wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 21:27
No, no xenon, problems.
Xenon-stations, all overs Sectoren.
That . Not good.
So there are xenon stations but no xenon? I don't get it.

raim729
x4

Post by raim729 » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 23:03

Sorry, Google Translate did not translate properly.
Your mod no problems.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 02:28

Hi Blackrain,

Sorry to bother you with this one, but I have an issue and am trying to identify which mod might be causing it. I don't think it can be FOCW, nor VRO or XR Ship Pack - I've posted in those threads too. Here's the issue...

I have several Hokkaido L-Class Mineral Miners. They work ok OSS, albeit rather slow even with two Star Captains. However, if I teleport aboard as a passenger / am close by, they break. They do not deploy Ore Collectors after blowing up and asteroid, but just sit there for ages, despite viable chunks being present. If however, I take the captains place, Ore Collectors launch instantly and the ship behaves exactly how you'd expect. My Magentar miners appear to work fine IS, and collect noticeably faster OOS - despite both having 17 Ore Collectors.

I just can't figure why the Hokkaido works so poorly for me in my game, when others playing a vanilla game report them as working just fine. Any ideas?

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 03:13

Scoob wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 02:28
Hi Blackrain,

Sorry to bother you with this one, but I have an issue and am trying to identify which mod might be causing it. I don't think it can be FOCW, nor VRO or XR Ship Pack - I've posted in those threads too. Here's the issue...

I have several Hokkaido L-Class Mineral Miners. They work ok OSS, albeit rather slow even with two Star Captains. However, if I teleport aboard as a passenger / am close by, they break. They do not deploy Ore Collectors after blowing up and asteroid, but just sit there for ages, despite viable chunks being present. If however, I take the captains place, Ore Collectors launch instantly and the ship behaves exactly how you'd expect. My Magentar miners appear to work fine IS, and collect noticeably faster OOS - despite both having 17 Ore Collectors.

I just can't figure why the Hokkaido works so poorly for me in my game, when others playing a vanilla game report them as working just fine. Any ideas?

Scoob.
Not sure, all I can say is, I notice weird behavior sometimes myself. Not sure what the reason is, but could be because of too many things going on. As in, sometimes dozens of ships end up tens of thousands of KMs away from my stations and when I teleport to them, I glitch, the ship glitches, etc. Or weird things in OOS with no one attacking or ships seem like they are moving OOS but they aren't but when I teleport there they move, etc. Could be something like this. Is it all Hokkaido ships? Did you try buying a new one and checking it out? Did you check the ship info and see if you disarmed the drones or something?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 03:22

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 03:13
Not sure, all I can say is, I notice weird behavior sometimes myself. Not sure what the reason is, but could be because of too many things going on. As in, sometimes dozens of ships end up tens of thousands of KMs away from my stations and when I teleport to them, I glitch, the ship glitches, etc. Or weird things in OOS with no one attacking or ships seem like they are moving OOS but they aren't but when I teleport there they move, etc. Could be something like this. Is it all Hokkaido ships? Did you try buying a new one and checking it out? Did you check the ship info and see if you disarmed the drones or something?
I've tried numerous things to no avail. The Hokkaido just behaves like it's broken in my game. I have two, both with the same glitch. I also have several Magnetars that appear to work fine. I've checked loadouts, made sure there's no weird blacklist blocking them etc. but all is well. They work ok OOS, albeit a little slower than the Magnetars. They also work fine when I'm piloting them. They just hate it when I'm a passenger or nearby.

I did think I was on to something when I gave the Captain on one of them a seminar, taking him from zero to one star piloting. The ship shortly afterward deployed ONE Ore Collector, but seemed bugged out again a short time later...it didn't deploy any more Ore Collectors for the other chunks around it, though only one was tagged green, despite all having Silicon.

Just can't figure out what's going on if the ship works for me, but not with an AI piloting.

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 03:26

Scoob wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 03:22
BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 03:13
I've tried numerous things to no avail. The Hokkaido just behaves like it's broken in my game. I have two, both with the same glitch. I also have several Magnetars that appear to work fine. I've checked loadouts, made sure there's no weird blacklist blocking them etc. but all is well. They work ok OOS, albeit a little slower than the Magnetars. They also work fine when I'm piloting them. They just hate it when I'm a passenger or nearby.

I did think I was on to something when I gave the Captain on one of them a seminar, taking him from zero to one star piloting. The ship shortly afterward deployed ONE Ore Collector, but seemed bugged out again a short time later...it didn't deploy any more Ore Collectors for the other chunks around it, though only one was tagged green, despite all having Silicon.

Just can't figure out what's going on if the ship works for me, but not with an AI piloting.

Scoob.
Did you try changing to a higher level pilot, like 3 or above?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 03:32

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 03:26
Did you try changing to a higher level pilot, like 3 or above?
That was actually my next step. I have the Pilot, but it's gotten a bit late here so I need to call it quits for the night. Will share how I get on. It'd be odd if a <1 Star Pilot worked fine in a Magnetar but not in a Hokkaido though.

Scoob.

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 13:16

Hi

Just a few thoughts based on few hours running FOCW with latest X4 version.

first, Can i confirm its ok to turn FOCW off after the first game load.

By doing this i hope diplomacy works as expected, and also the extra ships does this also work as expected.

THe reason i ask is cause it seems Egosoft is now making dynamic changes to interfaction relations during the game.

So that in my ideal world, the solution would be a READ Then Write.
As in , to be able to make good judgment on what i want diplomacy to be, it would be best to know what it is right now.

Maybe one option would be for user to specify a number that represents how much to add / subtract from current diplomacy, rather than specifying the actual value.

If its true egosoft is changing relations dynamically now, then FOCW might be best as an in game slider, that shows current diplomacy value and user can slide to set new value.

Based on X4 log messages of altering interfaction relations, it seems Egosoft has implemented Dynamic Wars MOD.

If thats true, every game load with FOCW mod on, is resetting the Dynamic change in game to a fixed value.

Personally i prefer Dynamic Wars, So long as i can turn a slider when the war is not going my way.
Preferably an FOCW slider, or equivalent solution based current text file workflow.
Thanks

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”