[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

djrygar
x3ap

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 4.0

Post by djrygar » Sun, 17. May 20, 08:34

Min wrote:
Sun, 17. May 20, 04:15
EDIT: Just to confirm they managed to blow up the station I left it on SETA for like 20 mins it stays at 0% hull for ages. dont know if its bug or not

i have seen the same thing, at 0% for few hours
maybe they have tons of repair drones, ships were constantly docking anyway, maybe delivering drone parts

when additional destroyer joined party station fell, so it might be that it overcome repairing ability

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sun, 17. May 20, 08:40

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 14. May 20, 00:18
If you are changing the settings mid game, it isn’t as if ships will be removed so there may be extra ships for a time
I'm not sure if disabling works at all.. I disabled additional bigships in this game like 24 hours ago and still see streams of destroyers..
xenon transporters appear faster than I can kill them.

joey86
x4

Post by joey86 » Sun, 17. May 20, 12:20

I play with VRO and all sugested mods. Most factions pushed xenon out of their teritory except of both split factions.
I was heavily defending Family Zhinn.
A few days ago i started to go near free familys and took fires of defeat back from xenon. (and loosing half my fleet)
At about the same time Xenon became stronger.
They push even harder against Family Zhinn which is now no longer guarded by me and are constantly atacking fires of defeat where i am still not finished building my (1st real) Defence Station.

I am not looking to much whats going up in the rest of the Universe but it seems that xenon are also atacking sectors where they weren`t able to get a foot in earlier.

Now finaly to my question:
I considered to use this mod to help both split factions a bit but it seems i can only boost all factions, xenon or factions that are not split.

What is included in all factions? is zya and familys in it? is xenon in it?

TehGM
x4

Post by TehGM » Sun, 17. May 20, 15:28

I must confirm, Split factions seem to have troubles keeping up, which is a shame. I use VRO + FOCW to balance out and get some activity in my universe, and for other factions it's cool, although I had to use cheat menu at one point to spawn few ships for HAT (had their additional defenses disabled in FOCW and they were getting obliterated cause Argon wouldn't help them, so I enabled it and spawned a few ships.

Seems I will have to use cheat menu to help split now, but it's really not cool, and not really sustainable - not to mention I hate cheating, so even having cheat menu at all to help factions feels wrong.. Hope options for split factions get added.

Xenon being a threat is cool, it's actually what I want, but only if factions have any chances to stand against them.
X Language Changer - a quick way to change language in X2 and X3 games

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 18. May 20, 02:05

Min wrote:
Sun, 17. May 20, 04:15
In my current game Xenon are attacking TEL trade station in Hewa's Twin however seems capital ships don't attack only fighters do. Also the trade station goes to 0% but cant be destroyed. I don't know if its anything to do with the mod or if its just a bug in beta 3.20. I can provide my save if you wish

EDIT: Just to confirm they managed to blow up the station I left it on SETA for like 20 mins it stays at 0% hull for ages. dont know if its bug or not
This mod only changes amount of ships. Anything else has nothing to do with this mod

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 18. May 20, 02:07

TehGM wrote:
Sun, 17. May 20, 15:28
I must confirm, Split factions seem to have troubles keeping up, which is a shame. I use VRO + FOCW to balance out and get some activity in my universe, and for other factions it's cool, although I had to use cheat menu at one point to spawn few ships for HAT (had their additional defenses disabled in FOCW and they were getting obliterated cause Argon wouldn't help them, so I enabled it and spawned a few ships.

Seems I will have to use cheat menu to help split now, but it's really not cool, and not really sustainable - not to mention I hate cheating, so even having cheat menu at all to help factions feels wrong.. Hope options for split factions get added.

Xenon being a threat is cool, it's actually what I want, but only if factions have any chances to stand against them.
I didn’t make this 100% compatible with split yet. So right now the mod doesn’t do anything to split

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 18. May 20, 02:08

djrygar wrote:
Sun, 17. May 20, 08:40
BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 14. May 20, 00:18
If you are changing the settings mid game, it isn’t as if ships will be removed so there may be extra ships for a time
I'm not sure if disabling works at all.. I disabled additional bigships in this game like 24 hours ago and still see streams of destroyers..
xenon transporters appear faster than I can kill them.
As I already said, disabling options does not remove the ships that already exist. It will stop new ones of those from being built but if they have a lot of them, they will remain until destroyed.

MrBubble
x4

Post by MrBubble » Mon, 18. May 20, 13:01

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 18. May 20, 02:07
I didn’t make this 100% compatible with split yet. So right now the mod doesn’t do anything to split
Any chance to update mod?)

Min
x4

Post by Min » Wed, 20. May 20, 16:13

I play it with Split Vandetta however I only edit the xenon settings. BlackRain I am wondering if you said disabling the mod not delete the ships therefore what happens if I disabled it and played vanilla for a while and re enabled it later on in my playthrough will it still work? Will new ships spawn?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 21. May 20, 22:00

Min wrote:
Wed, 20. May 20, 16:13
I play it with Split Vandetta however I only edit the xenon settings. BlackRain I am wondering if you said disabling the mod not delete the ships therefore what happens if I disabled it and played vanilla for a while and re enabled it later on in my playthrough will it still work? Will new ships spawn?
Well what happens is, if you activate the ships, they will remain in the game until destroyed. If you activate them and they get built, then deactivate them, no more of them will be built but the ones already built remain until destroyed. Reactivating it later will once more add those ships to the game. So, you can activate and deactivate as much as you like. Just remember, be careful because the ships remain until destroyed.

TehGM
x4

Post by TehGM » Fri, 22. May 20, 11:21

I always hate to ask, but it's currently blocking me - and I think I'll have to start a new game for the third time anyway, cause at first due to VRO Xenons were getting obliterated, and now cause of FOCW split were getting obliterated. So any approximate ETA on Split support?
X Language Changer - a quick way to change language in X2 and X3 games

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 22. May 20, 20:27

TehGM wrote:
Fri, 22. May 20, 11:21
I always hate to ask, but it's currently blocking me - and I think I'll have to start a new game for the third time anyway, cause at first due to VRO Xenons were getting obliterated, and now cause of FOCW split were getting obliterated. So any approximate ETA on Split support?
Not sure honestly. I can try to take a look over the weekend but even if i do add support for them, it doesn’t mean they still wont get clobbered lol. I haven’t played the split yet so i dont know how strong or weak they are. I guess i could at least add defense fleets

dyingcrow
x4

Post by dyingcrow » Sat, 30. May 20, 04:16

I hope this really helps with the cluster that game balance still is mid to late game regarding Xenon NOT being consistently aggressive and building enough. I've been cheating so hard trying to keep them active... It's just not possible.
Even consistently devoting my time to destroy every single non red station in Xenon sectors is not enough to stop the faction cockroaches:/ Honestly, the game should have difficulty levels simply based on how aggressive the Xenon are. If HOP can do it, why can't the Xenon?
PLEASE keep this mod updated and alive. It's the only thing we have for a real vanilla-ish challenge. At least until the Overlords listen to out pleas to have some sort of difficulty setting besides total carebear.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 30. May 20, 06:54

Well the mod works just fine except for split. I just need to add split ships and such at some point. You can definitely beef up the Xenon though.

Arkblade
x4

Post by Arkblade » Sun, 31. May 20, 17:11

i'm make L081 language.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17B-kvc ... sp=sharing
use freely.
Steam Greenlight: Greenlight Spaaace! Bundle (Greenlight Archives)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=93012592

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 4.1

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 21:19

Now updated with a new version for Split. Make sure to follow directions below, you need to configure the split in the mod so that you can get the ships you want.

Version 4.1 FOCW
1) Now fully compatible with Split DLC adding in Split ships and fleets.
Make sure to go into the FOCW folder in extensions. Then, there is an extensions folder in the FOCW folder as well. Open the extensions folder within the FOCW folder, then open ego_dlc_split folder, then MD folder, then open focw_configdlc1.xml file to configure the mod for split. This will allow you to choose how many ships and such you want in your game.

Please let me know if there are any issues. Also, if there are any requests, suggestions, etc.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 27. Jun 20, 05:05

Arkblade wrote:
Sun, 31. May 20, 17:11
i'm make L081 language.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17B-kvc ... sp=sharing
use freely.
Thanks for this, I forgot to include it this time but will next time.

z1ppeh
x4

Post by z1ppeh » Sat, 27. Jun 20, 21:16

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 26. Jun 20, 21:19
Now updated with a new version for Split. Make sure to follow directions below, you need to configure the split in the mod so that you can get the ships you want.

Version 4.1 FOCW
1) Now fully compatible with Split DLC adding in Split ships and fleets.
Make sure to go into the FOCW folder in extensions. Then, there is an extensions folder in the FOCW folder as well. Open the extensions folder within the FOCW folder, then open ego_dlc_split folder, then MD folder, then open focw_configdlc1.xml file to configure the mod for split. This will allow you to choose how many ships and such you want in your game.

Please let me know if there are any issues. Also, if there are any requests, suggestions, etc.
The defaults are already set in this new version(what is turned on /off etc). You may want to set them all to 0 as people are...stupid... enough not to read the desc

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 27. Jun 20, 22:58

Yeah, I just realized that the mod might not be working as intended and I need to fix something, which I am trying to do but having trouble with. Will post when all fixed.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 02:26

Version 4.2 FOCW
Please pay attention to the following instructions!
I didn't realize, but the way I was doing things wasn't actually working well, if at all. So, the mod wasn't actually fully working previously. I have now fixed this and it works as it should. What this means is, you need to be careful how you configure the mod because I do not know how it will affect the performance of your game. Adding a lot of ships may affect performance (of course if those ships get destroyed then performance will improve I suppose). Do not judge based on previous versions of the mod because they weren't working properly and aren't a good way to gauge how well it will work with the working version! Try using lower settings at first and only activate the things you really want unless you are confident or just want to try it out. I also don't know how it will affect the game in the long term (in terms of war balance, etc.)

1) NEW WAY OF CONFIGURING THE MOD SO PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. In the MD folder of the mod, open up the focwsetup.xml file. The configuration options are now there, just follow instructions in there (it is the same as before but different file now). Do not edit anything else in the file unless you know what you are doing.
2) Fixed ships not actually activating in the mod.

Download link is in the OP

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”