[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 5.1

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 10. Jul 20, 19:26

Version 5.2 FOCW

1) Some minor fixes in the code.
2) Changed Ministry to now patrol member sectors (Teladi and Ministry).

As always, don't forget to open the focwsetup.xml file with notepad or some type of editor so that you can configure options.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 5.2

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 11. Jul 20, 03:01

Version 5.3 FOCW

1) I made a small mistake in the code for where Ministry ships would patrol and so they wouldn't patrol properly. This is fixed.

Sorry for the mistake but at least it won't affect your game too much, minor issue.

Falcrack
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 5.3

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 11. Jul 20, 04:23

How well does the FOCW mod play with VRO? Also, I have the Faction Enhancer War mod installed, would this mod replace the function of that mod?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 11. Jul 20, 05:34

Falcrack wrote:
Sat, 11. Jul 20, 04:23
How well does the FOCW mod play with VRO? Also, I have the Faction Enhancer War mod installed, would this mod replace the function of that mod?
This mod is compatible with all mods and how it performs depends on your system and how you configure the options. I am playing with everyone on full and it runs fine, but I have a pretty powerful pc.

This mod will work fine with VRO as it doesn't touch anything VRO does. This mod adds new ships which patrol/attack stuff. So it will go well with VRO.

It also works fine with Faction Enhancer War mod since that does completely different stuff. If you do not like the features of Faction enhancer war mod or want to play closer to vanilla, than just use FOCW. Currently, I don't use Faction enhancer and the game is pretty stable (As in not tons of turnover of sectors, but there are some sectors which flipped and my current save is over 5 days in of real time.) Tons of war activity going on as I constantly get the messages (since each faction has more ships to play with and they are being rebuilt at a good pace). Of course a lot of this is dependent on what you want. If you want a super dangerous universe, just ramp up Xenon and don't touch any others. Or if you want certain factions to be stronger, give them extra ships, etc. I guess the main differences between this and Faction enhancer war mod is that the entire war aspect and economy is handled by vanilla scripts, but because of the additional ships added by this mod it has a huge impact on the war and economy. Faction enhancer war mod does quite significant changes to the vanilla scripts and such. So it works fine with or without faction enhancer. Hard to explain, try it both ways and share your experience. By the way, in FOCW, if you activated the fleets that attack the player then if a faction doesn't like you they will send fleets after your stations.

I still need to update, I thought I fixed the ministry issue but it is giving me problems bleh.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 13. Jul 20, 19:13

FOCW Version 5.4

1) Just a minor fix to ministry ships so that they patrol Teladi sectors

Also, check out FOCW Corporations which is brand new (no longer just an immersive mod).

Tanvaras
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 5.4

Post by Tanvaras » Mon, 13. Jul 20, 23:38

Thanks Blackrain, Always enjoy your mods.
“We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents.”
“Talent is a pursued interest"
“Let's get crazy.”
“There's nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend.”

Bob Ross, 29 October 1942 - 4 July 1995

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Thu, 16. Jul 20, 02:26

started new game with 5.4.
Disabled everything except for Xenon. In HOP space I noticed a lot of "Ares Fighting Group"s. Are those added by FOCW?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 16. Jul 20, 03:45

Mr.Freud wrote:
Thu, 16. Jul 20, 02:26
Disabled everything except for Xenon. In HOP space I noticed a lot of "Ares Fighting Group"s. Are those added by FOCW?
If you disabled everything except for Xenon then there shouldn't be any ships added by my mod, except for Xenon ships. Not sure what the "Ares Fighting Group's" are.

My ships have names like Privateer fleet, Republican Guard, Company security, Constable fleet, Revolutionary fleet, Oppression fleet, etc. Xenon have names like Terraformer Overseer or Terraformer Supervisor fleet or along those lines.

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Thu, 16. Jul 20, 10:42

Brand New to this Mod, got setup question

The info says the setup file is got all options set to off by default

But the setup file seems to have all values set to their highest by default, unless am reading the setup wrong.

could you please clarify with this example

<!-- Do you want to activate additional Xenon Miners and Xenon Energy Transport ships? 1 for Yes and 0 for No -->
<set_value name="$activateXenminers" exact="1" />

=============================================================================================

To activate the above option i change to

<!-- Do you want to activate additional Xenon Miners and Xenon Energy Transport ships? 1 for Yes and 0 for No -->
<set_value name="$activateXenminers" exact="1" />

To Deactivate the above option it becomes

<set_value name="$activateXenminers" exact="0" />

Could you please clarify
Thanks

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 16. Jul 20, 14:08

Yeah that is just me making a mistake as i sometimes do lol. To turn something off, it is 0. I play with everything on max so i sometimes forget to change it when I upload new versions.

It is a symptom of uptoolateitis

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Thu, 16. Jul 20, 14:20

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 16. Jul 20, 14:08
Yeah that is just me making a mistake as i sometimes do lol. To turn something off, it is 0. I play with everything on max so i sometimes forget to change it when I upload new versions.

Excellent thanks for that clarification, been looking for Mod like this, very usefully options.
You moders make this game what it is.

I used to use Illuminati mod before it went out of date, so FOCW is my replacement to give some control over faction Strength.

Just in case you ever considering adding new options to the MOD , i vote for the illuminati mod type of options, which basically gives control over alliances.

The combined mod will allow user to control faction strength and alliances.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 16. Jul 20, 14:52

Jaskan wrote:
Thu, 16. Jul 20, 14:20
BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 16. Jul 20, 14:08

Excellent thanks for that clarification, been looking for Mod like this, very usefully options.
You moders make this game what it is.

I used to use Illuminati mod before it went out of date, so FOCW is my replacement to give some control over faction Strength.

Just in case you ever considering adding new options to the MOD , i vote for the illuminati mod type of options, which basically gives control over alliances.

The combined mod will allow user to control faction strength and alliances.
I am not familiar with the Illuminati mod, but it wouldn't be difficult to add in options to change who is friends with who. Just put in a script which alters relations between factions. There are some mods that do things with relations out there already.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Thu, 16. Jul 20, 19:50

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 16. Jul 20, 03:45
Mr.Freud wrote:
Thu, 16. Jul 20, 02:26
If you disabled everything except for Xenon then there shouldn't be any ships added by my mod, except for Xenon ships. Not sure what the "Ares Fighting Group's" are.

My ships have names like Privateer fleet, Republican Guard, Company security, Constable fleet, Revolutionary fleet, Oppression fleet, etc. Xenon have names like Terraformer Overseer or Terraformer Supervisor fleet or along those lines.
Sry, looks like those names added by either VRO or FE.

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Fri, 17. Jul 20, 12:47

I am not familiar with the Illuminati mod, but it wouldn't be difficult to add in options to change who is friends with who. Just put in a script which alters relations between factions. There are some mods that do things with relations out there already.
Most of the faction mods out there allow you to change player relationship with factions, like cheat menu which i have.

But as far as am aware and google search after reading your reply, There is no other mod that allows changing the relationship of factions between player or between factions. Basically you can also change how the factions relate to each other. Only Illuminati Mod does this, but its now out of date.

And it will go very well with the options you already have , basically another set of options which allow management of balance of power to control game difficulty.

Checkout "Werit Gaming" on YouTube he wrote the illumnati mod, on the page for the video there are comments with others begging him to update the MOD. So looks like nothing else out there doing the same stuff.

But if you know of a mod doing this ps let me know

cheers

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 17. Jul 20, 14:40

Jaskan wrote:
Fri, 17. Jul 20, 12:47
Most of the faction mods out there allow you to change player relationship with factions, like cheat menu which i have.

But as far as am aware and google search after reading your reply, There is no other mod that allows changing the relationship of factions between player or between factions. Basically you can also change how the factions relate to each other. Only Illuminati Mod does this, but its now out of date.

And it will go very well with the options you already have , basically another set of options which allow management of balance of power to control game difficulty.

Checkout "Werit Gaming" on YouTube he wrote the illumnati mod, on the page for the video there are comments with others begging him to update the MOD. So looks like nothing else out there doing the same stuff.

But if you know of a mod doing this ps let me know

cheers
I will add in those options in the next version but it won't be with an in game menu like the illuminati mod. I haven't done anything with in game menus or lua. I can put it in the config though.

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Fri, 17. Jul 20, 18:59

I will add in those options in the next version but it won't be with an in game menu like the illuminati mod. I haven't done anything with in game menus or lua. I can put it in the config though.
Thats great news buddy, the new options will be perfect in same text file.

Thanks again

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 17. Jul 20, 22:01

FOCW Version 5.5

1) Diplomacy options in config file, you can make any factions friends, enemies, or whatever with any other faction. Including the player with each faction. Make sure to follow the instructions in the config file! Everything is explained.
2) Work around was made for newly built patrol ships getting subordinates. Patrol leaders will now spend up to 30 minutes near shipyards/wharfs to gather subordinates before going on their patrol route (they will still patrol the sector they are in while waiting for their subordinates).

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 5.5

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 17. Jul 20, 22:37

If you have already downloaded version 5.5, please re-download. I made a small mistake and the diplomacy configuration options won't work without the fix. Re download the file, same version

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Sat, 18. Jul 20, 03:56

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 17. Jul 20, 22:01
FOCW Version 5.5

1) Diplomacy options in config file, you can make any factions friends, enemies, or whatever with any other faction. Including the player with each faction. Make sure to follow the instructions in the config file! Everything is explained.
2) Work around was made for newly built patrol ships getting subordinates. Patrol leaders will now spend up to 30 minutes near shipyards/wharfs to gather subordinates before going on their patrol route (they will still patrol the sector they are in while waiting for their subordinates).
Wow that was quick! Thanks very much man give it a try

Cheers

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 5.5

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 18. Jul 20, 04:11

FOCW Version 5.6

1) There was a few issues with the scripts I coded for how patrol ships get subordinates in the last version. I have now fixed these. Everything should be working okay now and I shouldn't need to update anything else unless I add new things (Fingers crossed).

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”