X4: Music folder

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

-Sumo-
x4

X4: Music folder

Post by -Sumo- » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 15:45

Hi, where can i find the music folder (soundtrack folder) as in X 3,TC, AP etc. ?
I'd like to put my own music as in the past.

Thanks!
:)

Phinixa
x4

Re: X4: Music folder

Post by Phinixa » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 17:18

Without modding I think thats not possible, the soundtrack is baked into the .cat files under /music
***modified*** 4 life!

ElsonG
x4

Post by ElsonG » Mon, 15. Jun 20, 18:13

I want to make a soundtrack mod for the game, but i don't know anything to beggin with, is there a tutorial or something like that to help me?

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 16. Jun 20, 00:37

As Phinixa pointed out already, you need to unpack the files to find the music folder. If you're planning to substitute tracks triggered by particular events then you need to search the MD files for those calls. In any case you have two options:
  • Copy the music folder from the "unpacked" folder to the X4 main root and then replace all music files with your own but change then the names to the original ones. Then you need to add a command line to the X4.exe which should look like this

Code: Select all

"E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\X4 Foundations\X4.exe" -prefersinglefiles

• Find all calls of the music files in the vanilla scripts and then use XML editing (quite a job!!) to replace the calls with your files.
Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Tue, 16. Jun 20, 06:18

You might check out some of the existing music replacers. There are a few on Nexus, maybe also on Steam. My Classical Music Mod is on Nexus (it works even with 3.2 as long as you don't care that the DLC sectors don't have replaced music), in loose files, so you should be able to tinker with it pretty easily.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

ElsonG
x4

Post by ElsonG » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 21:37

Thank you for the offer, but i really want to add my own ST in the game. It will probably be a private mod, because i don't think i can publish most of the tracks, but if i sorted out how to make, i will made a tutorial vid on how to do it...

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 19. Jun 20, 17:36

ElsonG wrote:
Thu, 18. Jun 20, 21:37
Thank you for the offer, but i really want to add my own ST in the game. It will probably be a private mod, because i don't think i can publish most of the tracks, but if i sorted out how to make, i will made a tutorial vid on how to do it...
he means that you can download them and check how they are done, it will be pretty easy to duplicate.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”