[MOD] Player Owned Ship Production

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Requiemfang
x4

Re: [MOD] Player Owned Ship Production

Post by Requiemfang » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 16:37

So it appears that that guy who uploaded the shipyard thing to Nexus had the file removed but he decided to reupload the thing again...

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/279

Thyriel
x4

Post by Thyriel » Mon, 28. Jan 19, 13:31

Requiemfang wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 16:37
So it appears that that guy who uploaded the shipyard thing to Nexus had the file removed but he decided to reupload the thing again...

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/279
The Save game dosent work til you download the Shipmod here.. and even then its not possible to buy the blueprints. I told him that already the last time but posts were deleted..
never the less the is one point that is fascinating.. Buildplots with 30x30x30 km Massive Gigacomplexes no problem .. but.. useless Big stations cause big performence issues.. and even big Shipyards build with alot of docking ans maintainence modules will cause trouble .

Dragonmalte
x4

Post by Dragonmalte » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 23:55

The latest version linked here seems to only have the content file in it, which just defines the name of the addon etc from what I can see, no functionality for me in game at least, going to the Source site lets me download an older version named download repository as download which seems to have more files inside at least, but I can't find the blueprints ingame either even with that one, nor do I get an extra research option in game, so I'm at a loss what I'm doing wrong here, do I have to start a new game or is the download simply bugged at the moment?

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 02:48

Dragonmalte wrote:
Wed, 30. Jan 19, 23:55
The latest version linked here seems to only have the content file in it, which just defines the name of the addon etc from what I can see, no functionality for me in game at least, going to the Source site lets me download an older version named download repository as download which seems to have more files inside at least, but I can't find the blueprints ingame either even with that one, nor do I get an extra research option in game, so I'm at a loss what I'm doing wrong here, do I have to start a new game or is the download simply bugged at the moment?
Fixed, try again.

Dragonmalte
x4

Post by Dragonmalte » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 19:29

Thanks, the modfiles look fine now at least, gonna have to playtest them later

tmshots

Post by tmshots » Tue, 5. Feb 19, 00:34

I am ctd every time I try to buy large and xl blueprints. Any ideas? Or did I miss the part where it says "large and xl not ready yet"...

gorgofdoom
x4

Post by gorgofdoom » Tue, 5. Feb 19, 11:48

You might also look into how the list for the ship trader is changed when you acquire a new BP. Is that addressed at all? To my knowledge, no traders in game have their avalible wares modified while the game is running.

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 03:06

tmshots wrote:
Tue, 5. Feb 19, 00:34
I am ctd every time I try to buy large and xl blueprints. Any ideas? Or did I miss the part where it says "large and xl not ready yet"...
This is a known bug with LearnBlueprint() that is out of my control. Some people had luck starting from a fresh save with POSP installed from the beginning and others had luck purchasing all the ship building BPs before constructing any of the ship building modules but it's a quite random bug.
gorgofdoom wrote:
Tue, 5. Feb 19, 11:48
You might also look into how the list for the ship trader is changed when you acquire a new BP. Is that addressed at all? To my knowledge, no traders in game have their avalible wares modified while the game is running.
This is completely irrelevant, the ship trader is just a way to open the ship configuration UI.

Param70
x4

Re: [MOD] Player Owned Ship Production: 2.00 public beta

Post by Param70 » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 09:20

In 2.00 public beta purchase blueprint work fine. In old saves too. But buttons in ship configuration window missing. Any idea?

Hawkeye.Strikes

Post by Hawkeye.Strikes » Tue, 2. Apr 19, 17:14

When I go to any shipyard /wharf and try to buy or mod a ship all the configuration options are missing other than than those along the top.
I have narrowed it down to this mod by removing all other mods and then testing with my save game and then a new game start. In both cases the configuration options were missing.

If I remove this mod from the extensions folder (in the game folder) the save will not load with a missing mod error.

Does anyone know how to remove this mod successfully?

Thanks

Cg089
x4

Post by Cg089 » Wed, 3. Apr 19, 07:52

The saves are .xml inside an archive, so it should be possible with some work to do so. No clue what you'd need to remove tho.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Sun, 5. May 19, 10:03

Game (GOG): v2.21
Mod Location: User documents method, game does not load using the 'game folder' method

Bug: When used by itself, this mod completely hides the "upgrade / repair" screen

After starting a new game and boarding my ship, when I click the "upgrade / repair" button, I can only see the model of my ship. None of
the buttons to select new mods are visible and the area where you would add the parts to the build list is missing as well.

When this mod is installed with your companion mod, Mobile Ship Production, the upgrade screen appears as normal but the undock
button is always disabled and the player must use the keyboard shortcut to undock

After looking at your menu_docked.XPI from Mobile Ship Production compared to the X4 one, it appears there are several functions
that have been redefined. I wonder if Egosoft updated those files in v2.21 to the point they are too different from the version you used when
you modded.

docwho83
x4

Post by docwho83 » Wed, 27. May 20, 06:34

Ok I looked inside. Feel very blind right now. I just want one part of code. I want to add the research so we can get the data leaks for the build modules. Where am I missing?

Edit never mind I found the code area. Wares. lol ok anyway simple mod up now.

buildmodule
My Mods
RepairLasers Player controlled drone Also on steam
[Minefield] fell affliction minefield removed Also on steam
[Buildmodule] add research for buildmodule leak steals

raim729
x4

Post by raim729 » Sun, 31. May 20, 09:56

Hello,

I tested your mod,
Question, with, your mod, I don't get to buy any satellite, equipment? Is that normal?
Schifswerft, wants to buy ship, can't choose, anything?

I have HQ, but under research nothing to see of your mod which can, be researched?

Buying blueprints, there are so many modules listed at once. Which is what?

Manawydn
x4

Post by Manawydn » Sun, 14. Jun 20, 22:51

You can build your own shipyard without mods now, and as such, this (old) mod might break your game.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”