[MOD] Player Owned Ship Production

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Blacky_BPG
x4

Re: [MOD] Player Owned Ship Production

Post by Blacky_BPG » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 15:57

@Berserk Knight
I do not think the interval is to blame, I think it's because the ships can not dock after construction, there was no M / S dock built at that time.
Berserk Knight wrote:
Sat, 5. Jan 19, 23:10
the same station causes the "engine" and "turret" categories to be overridden by the "engine group" and "turret group" categories
That's exactly why, yes.
That's why I've put a little "quick-and-dirty" fix in place for combined shipyards to work: subst_01-FIXED.rar
With this fix all components for the corresponding selected ship can be selected, however, all groups are always visible, ie "engines" and "enginegroup" as well as "turrets" and "turretgroup". That bothers me, at least for the moment, less than missing options as was the case before.

Remains only the crash when buying blueprints ... for me.

KMDR Kyle Nexus
x4

Post by KMDR Kyle Nexus » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 16:42

Remains only the crash when buying blueprints ... for me.
Thats the only Problem i´ve got with this MOD

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 16:46

And by the way, any faction can order a ship from your shipyard which makes the issue even worse lol. You can get orders from Teladi, Paranid, Argon, etc.

Saboteur58

Post by Saboteur58 » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 11:32

When buying drawings of weapons or engines for ships - the game crashes
Tried using cheat download drawings - crash
What's the point of this mod if I can't install engines or weapons to ships.
Just drawings it is impossible to buy. You can't build ships without it. So this mod only entourage

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 14:07

Saboteur58 wrote:
Mon, 7. Jan 19, 11:32
When buying drawings of weapons or engines for ships - the game crashes
Tried using cheat download drawings - crash
What's the point of this mod if I can't install engines or weapons to ships.
Just drawings it is impossible to buy. You can't build ships without it. So this mod only entourage
First of all, blueprints*.
Second, read the thread before complaining: viewtopic.php?f=181&t=403662&start=330#p4823327

Deadstoned
x4

Post by Deadstoned » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 18:27

Nooooo,built XL/L fab on one station saved b4 it was finished then landed to build me a ship,(as i have built a mega fact to supply said shipyard)it crashed to desktop,now i can't load the game at all not even from a previous save :evil: not happy have to start all over again.

Zhukov1945

Post by Zhukov1945 » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 19:28

I'm stil getting CTDs ass well, I think I will wait for the v2. 0
Anyway Thanks for all you did Carmaster

Terrantoni

Post by Terrantoni » Tue, 8. Jan 19, 09:24

Deadstoned wrote:
Mon, 7. Jan 19, 18:27
Nooooo,built XL/L fab on one station saved b4 it was finished then landed to build me a ship,(as i have built a mega fact to supply said shipyard)it crashed to desktop,now i can't load the game at all not even from a previous save :evil: not happy have to start all over again.
Do not mix the different shipyards l with xl it does corrupt my saves to. And always save backups before you Kick the mod in.

Saboteur58

Post by Saboteur58 » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 21:23

Stupid thing. Everybody comes in, takes the ships and pays nothing. I supply the shipyard, I spend the resources.

Smacksim
x4

Post by Smacksim » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 23:54

Saboteur58 wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 21:23
Stupid thing. Everybody comes in, takes the ships and pays nothing. I supply the shipyard, I spend the resources.
While I'm sure that is painful from an outsider's perspective this is hilarious. I wonder if the mod author has scripted in a 'tax' directly paid to his game each time this happens to someone. :lol:

Azran_Zala
x4

Post by Azran_Zala » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 01:27

Saboteur58 wrote:
It actually provides for more immersive roleplay:
Spoiler
Show
Welcome to the Galactic Union

[ external image ]

Endeavour79
x4

Post by Endeavour79 » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 03:14

Hi, please ignore my ignorance of not wanting to read through 24 pages in this topic.
I really like the idea of the mod and running your own shipyard. I did read about people facing CTD?

Question: Is this mod stable enough to use and working alright? :?: Don't want to ruin my save game if I can avoid.

Zhukov1945

Post by Zhukov1945 » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 05:40

Endeavour79 wrote:
Thu, 10. Jan 19, 03:14
Hi, please ignore my ignorance of not wanting to read through 24 pages in this topic.
I really like the idea of the mod and running your own shipyard. I did read about people facing CTD?

Question: Is this mod stable enough to use and working alright? :?: Don't want to ruin my save game if I can avoid.
Back up your save game!!! If you want to test it. And yes some people including me are facing CTD, is an amazing mod but isn't 100% stable, even though I think worth the risk

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 09:00

Smacksim wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 23:54
Saboteur58 wrote:
While I'm sure that is painful from an outsider's perspective this is hilarious. I wonder if the mod author has scripted in a 'tax' directly paid to his game each time this happens to someone. :lol:
AI ships that are subordinates of an account owning entity (ie, ships that are subordinates of a station) will actually pay you (more precisely, they will pay your station's manager).
It is not on my plans to put more work into that path since I try to avoid MD as much as possible.

Right now POSP is a bit parked and just being maintained for bugs and small features. 2.0 might arrive any day and I am quite sure their version is going to be pretty much identical to mine since the visual part of the mod recycles their leftover disabled code.
I am working on other more essential features for the game right now that I will talk about in more detail when they are ready but I will continue to support POSP for as long as there's a requirement for this mod to exist. I will soon release an update with a fix for the missing ship configurator buttons when ship sizes are mixed and this will also fix the missing engine icon for Mobile Ship Production.

Staberind
x4

Post by Staberind » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 16:20

Heyah, I have been following the mod since it was released, I'm glad you are still keeping an eye on it and refining it still, its really appreciated by those of us with equal impatience & a fondness for emp's, doubly so, now its the way to get the modded in ships too, thanks.
Aladna Hill, Again, AP, 3.1. in the last Game worthy of the "X" title. <<<< X4 might just be changing this. :?:

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 17:36

Please, do note that POSP might undo some of the fixes introduced in 1.51 beta.
I'll update POSP to support 1.51 soon.

pit800
x4

Post by pit800 » Sun, 13. Jan 19, 10:21

i wilspeak with the ship Trader and x4 foundations stopt work

Berserk Knight
x4

Post by Berserk Knight » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 03:06

Found this on Nexus the other day.

I'm still laughing at the utter stupidity of it.

Breach of modding protocols (flat out replacement of base game files instead of using proper extension method when all they do is add some entries to "god"),
redundant changes (bundles your mod, and then doing what it ALREADY DOES to the base game files) (<-specifically, the ware.xml changes)

ned228
x4

Post by ned228 » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 18:18

Mod crashes the game when buying ship blueprints after owning a shipyard

u45u
x4

Post by u45u » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 19:43

so with the requirement of having to buy blueprints from representatives and not just having all the ships unlocked, how would one get a hold of xenon ship blueprints or maybe the possibility of getting a hold of xenon station parts

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”