[MOD] Player Owned Ship Production

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

aftokinito
x4

Re: [MOD] Player Owned Ship Production

Post by aftokinito » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 15:39

Eldiora wrote:
Fri, 4. Jan 19, 13:45
I removed all my shipyards and I was able to buy blueprints again. Now to get more money to buy all the blueprints and then rebuild the yards.
Rebuilt the shipyards, then i get a ctd when I open the buy screen.
Is this a new save? I can only reproduce that issue with saves that were either:
  1. Created without POSP and had POSP added a later point
  2. Created with an old version of POSP previous to 1.24 and then upgraded to a newer version
  3. Created before 1.50 with or without POSP
Unfortunately, the CTD happens outside of my control when calling LearnBlueprint since for some reason GetBlueprints returns things it shouldn't in those cases.

mattek1979
x4

Post by mattek1979 » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 16:30

carmaster wrote:
Fri, 4. Jan 19, 15:39
Eldiora wrote:
I removed all my shipyards and I was able to buy blueprints again. Now to get more money to buy all the blueprints and then rebuild the yards.
Is this a new save? I can only reproduce that issue with saves that were either:
  2. Created with an old version of POSP previous to 1.24 and then upgraded to a newer version
Unfortunately, the CTD happens outside of my control when calling LearnBlueprint since for some reason GetBlueprints returns things it shouldn't in those cases.
Should I interpret this as that freash game is needed to fix it?

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 16:46

mattek1979 wrote:
Fri, 4. Jan 19, 16:30
carmaster wrote:
Eldiora wrote:
It's not a definitive answer but until I find an alternative solution, I guess so.

Eldiora
x3ap

Post by Eldiora » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 17:00

I played before 1.5 on posp and it seems updating to the newest version throws everything around.
I guess its time to try out a fresh game to see if that helps. Only thing that will be really bad for me is the reps. I let the game run forever to get +30 with nearly every faction. That will take ages to grind again.

Is there a way to cheat highest status with the factions somehow?

mattek1979
x4

Post by mattek1979 » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 17:12

carmaster wrote:
Fri, 4. Jan 19, 16:46
mattek1979 wrote:
Fri, 4. Jan 19, 16:30
carmaster wrote:

It's not a definitive answer but until I find an alternative solution, I guess so.
Ok, no problem, just so I know. Starting a new game, this mod is mandatory :)

cole2839
x4

Post by cole2839 » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 17:28

Eldiora wrote:
Fri, 4. Jan 19, 17:00
I played before 1.5 on posp and it seems updating to the newest version throws everything around.
I guess its time to try out a fresh game to see if that helps. Only thing that will be really bad for me is the reps. I let the game run forever to get +30 with nearly every faction. That will take ages to grind again.

Is there a way to cheat highest status with the factions somehow?
You can use an alternate game start that has rep with the factions. Check nexus.

Deadstoned
x4

Post by Deadstoned » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 18:08

there is a cheat mod in here that lets you cheat in faction rep and all sorts of goodies bit of a game breaker but useful,you don't have to use all the cheats it offers :)

leecarter
x3tc

Post by leecarter » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 01:28

Deadstoned wrote:
Fri, 4. Jan 19, 18:08
there is a cheat mod in here that lets you cheat in faction rep and all sorts of goodies bit of a game breaker but useful,you don't have to use all the cheats it offers :)
Yep

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/73

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 02:49

I don't know if anything has changed in the latest version, still using the older one. I know it had been mentioned that clicking on the restrict trade to other faction button would stop other factions from ordering ships at your shipyard but this does not seem to be the case. I have the restrict trade to other factions checked and other factions are definitely still ordering ships. Maybe others didn't realize it because in Vanilla, there just may not be many ships being ordered in general and the existing shipyards can handle it fine.

Blacky_BPG
x4

Post by Blacky_BPG » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 15:59

I have now done a step-by-step test:
  1. first I build an L dock
  2. then a "S ship fabrication bay" module ->
    • NO shipbuilding option
  3. build a 1M6S luxury dock ->
    • shipbuilding option available
    • S- and M-class (???) ships are selectable
      (I do not know why M-class ships should already be available as a selection, the fabrication is only for S-ships and no M-class ship can be built, just added as a construction order)
    • all components for the construction of S and M class ships are selectable
  4. L ship fabrication bay is build as point 4
    • L and XL class ships are available for construction
    • XL ships just added only as a construction order, no construction of XL (and in this case M) class ship starts
    • for S and M class vessels, there are no longer options available for engines and turrets (menu sections greyed out)
I hope that may help with the error finding, I think it is a script technical problem (menu_ship_configuration.xpl (lua)).
Oh and, I still can't buy blueprints any more, the game simply crashes without leaving a meaningful entry in the LOG.

Ah, and it's a fresh savegame (X4 1.50) with PSO version 1.25!

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 16:46

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 5. Jan 19, 02:49
I don't know if anything has changed in the latest version, still using the older one. I know it had been mentioned that clicking on the restrict trade to other faction button would stop other factions from ordering ships at your shipyard but this does not seem to be the case. I have the restrict trade to other factions checked and other factions are definitely still ordering ships. Maybe others didn't realize it because in Vanilla, there just may not be many ships being ordered in general and the existing shipyards can handle it fine.
Not sure why this was suggested but it is indeed not true. Ship building is not part of the logical screen.

Terrantoni

Post by Terrantoni » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 16:50

Because we are guessing carmaster and it seemed to work. Anyway i am having the same issue meanwhile, is there a way to use it as Player only structure?

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 20:35

Terrantoni wrote:
Sat, 5. Jan 19, 16:50
Because we are guessing carmaster and it seemed to work. Anyway i am having the same issue meanwhile, is there a way to use it as Player only structure?
Not without MD work to prevent the AI from looking up those structures.

Berserk Knight
x4

Post by Berserk Knight » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 23:10

From what I can find, "/md/Job_Helper.xml" seems to be in charge of making shipyards seek out jobships to build.

Blacky_BPG wrote:
Sat, 5. Jan 19, 15:59
    • NO shipbuilding option
That's because the game only checks for ship traders every 29 minutes.

With ships of the wrong size category showing up, it's due to the workaround only checking for "shipyard" and "wharf", not the individual build modules and their capabilities.
I suppose carmaster can change it to use the "canbuildclass" property for more specific filtering.

With the engine and turret categories being disabled, having L/XL and S/M build modules on the same station causes the "engine" and "turret" categories to be overridden by the "engine group" and "turret group" categories, which S and M size ships don't have any connections for.

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 13:35

Berserk Knight wrote:
Sat, 5. Jan 19, 23:10
From what I can find, "/md/Job_Helper.xml" seems to be in charge of making shipyards seek out jobships to build.

Blacky_BPG wrote:
Sat, 5. Jan 19, 15:59
    • NO shipbuilding option
That's because the game only checks for ship traders every 29 minutes.

With ships of the wrong size category showing up, it's due to the workaround only checking for "shipyard" and "wharf", not the individual build modules and their capabilities.
I suppose carmaster can change it to use the "canbuildclass" property for more specific filtering.

With the engine and turret categories being disabled, having L/XL and S/M build modules on the same station causes the "engine" and "turret" categories to be overridden by the "engine group" and "turret group" categories, which S and M size ships don't have any connections for.
Using canbuildcass is on my todo list.
As for the engine thingy, oops, never noticed it. I'll try to fix it.

Blacky_BPG
x4

Post by Blacky_BPG » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 15:57

@Berserk Knight
I do not think the interval is to blame, I think it's because the ships can not dock after construction, there was no M / S dock built at that time.
Berserk Knight wrote:
Sat, 5. Jan 19, 23:10
the same station causes the "engine" and "turret" categories to be overridden by the "engine group" and "turret group" categories
That's exactly why, yes.
That's why I've put a little "quick-and-dirty" fix in place for combined shipyards to work: subst_01-FIXED.rar
With this fix all components for the corresponding selected ship can be selected, however, all groups are always visible, ie "engines" and "enginegroup" as well as "turrets" and "turretgroup". That bothers me, at least for the moment, less than missing options as was the case before.

Remains only the crash when buying blueprints ... for me.

KMDR Kyle Nexus
x4

Post by KMDR Kyle Nexus » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 16:42

Remains only the crash when buying blueprints ... for me.
Thats the only Problem i´ve got with this MOD

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 16:46

And by the way, any faction can order a ship from your shipyard which makes the issue even worse lol. You can get orders from Teladi, Paranid, Argon, etc.

Saboteur58

Post by Saboteur58 » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 11:32

When buying drawings of weapons or engines for ships - the game crashes
Tried using cheat download drawings - crash
What's the point of this mod if I can't install engines or weapons to ships.
Just drawings it is impossible to buy. You can't build ships without it. So this mod only entourage

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 14:07

Saboteur58 wrote:
Mon, 7. Jan 19, 11:32
When buying drawings of weapons or engines for ships - the game crashes
Tried using cheat download drawings - crash
What's the point of this mod if I can't install engines or weapons to ships.
Just drawings it is impossible to buy. You can't build ships without it. So this mod only entourage
First of all, blueprints*.
Second, read the thread before complaining: viewtopic.php?f=181&t=403662&start=330#p4823327

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”