Mod Request Captains Ready Room office

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

boogieman335
x4

Mod Request Captains Ready Room office

Post by boogieman335 » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 09:04

Does any one know how you could take the manger office from stations and maybe add it to the larger ships as a Captains Ready room where the player could sit . This would add a lot of immersion. Also maybe add crew quarters. There was a mod in Rebirth that added crew quarters to the skunk., and a mod that added Capitol ship bridges, that had corridors so I know something is possible.

Azran_Zala
x4

Re: Mod Request Captains Ready Room office

Post by Azran_Zala » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 12:17

Everytime I dock with a S ship, I keep catching myself wandering around the outside looking for and trying to discern were my relief pilot hangs out & how they get there, (or those passangers running from someone).
The fact my brain keeps thinking about it, is somewhat immersion breaking. - I'd even settle for a co-pilot chair to sit in, while I'm hitching a ride.

mossfootx
x4

Post by mossfootx » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 16:35

Would definitely like to see more ship interiors.
Fan Fiction for X3 and Elite Dangerous
http://www.noahchinnbooks.com/articles/fan-fiction-fun/

jim_baem
xr

Post by jim_baem » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 15:16

Я бы хотел видеть комнату для пассажиров, чтобы можно было бы с ними поговорить или узнать новости или сделать своими пленниками как в Х3 :mrgreen: Я мог бы сделать 3D модели этих комнат, но в написание кода я не силен, могу это делать только по чужим примерам.

I'd like to see a passenger room so I can talk to them or get the news or make my prisoners like in X3 :mrgreen: I could make 3D models of these rooms, but I'm not good at writing code, I can only do it by other people's examples.

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 15:59

For the modders in here some background infos:

The rooms seen on interiors are individiual macros and can be reused where you need them.
The capitalships need a connection with the "window" tag at which the rooms will be connected to, should be doable to add it in theships xml.

I dont know how the rooms then are attached to the connections, take a look at rooms.xml and roomgroups.xml. Maybe that will enlighten you more than me.. :D
01001100 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101 01110011 00101110 00101110 00101110

My art stuff

jim_baem
xr

Post by jim_baem » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 18:43

linolafett wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 15:59
For the modders in here some background infos:

The rooms seen on interiors are individiual macros and can be reused where you need them.
The capitalships need a connection with the "window" tag at which the rooms will be connected to, should be doable to add it in theships xml.

I dont know how the rooms then are attached to the connections, take a look at rooms.xml and roomgroups.xml. Maybe that will enlighten you more than me.. :D
Я могу попробовать. Правда у меня изначально в планах было изменить и добавить для большего разнообразия 3D модели панелей управления на капитанских мостиках больших кораблей расы Телади и расы Паранидов для соответствия стилю кораблей этих рас. Небольшой опыт по изменению и добавлению в X Rebirth 3D моделей у меня есть. Эта информация от вас я надеюсь облегчит мне дело. Если у меня все получится с панелями управления, я могу попробовать и с разными комнатами.

I can try. Though I initially planned to change and add for more variety 3D model of the control panel on the captain's bridges of large ships Teladi and Paranid race to match the style of the ships of these races. I have some experience in changing and adding 3D models to X Rebirth. This information from you I hope will ease my case. If I can do it with the control panels, I can try different rooms.

Cybertrigger
x4

Post by Cybertrigger » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 20:42

i kinda would like on a station being able to go to your apartment/office or whatever and then maybe sit down and speed up the time there then sitting in a ship to do so.
If i have a megafactory that costs alot of money then i would like to have my own office/apartment which maybe i could choose the look of / expending/ upgrading pieces of it and maybe let time pass by in there quicker.

boogieman335
x4

Post by boogieman335 » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 03:22

I don't really know anything much about modding the .xml files. I used to add scenes to the cockpits and turrets in Reunion, Terren Conflict ,and Albion Prelude using X editor , and using multiple cockpit mods together was more or less a question of editing and mergeing the .cat and.dat files together. But I was thinking that the elevator thingy where it takes you to that little hallway with the different rooms going off it should be possible to add to the big ships and give you an office and engineering room to go to, at least. I think it would be pretty cool immersion wise to be able to look out the office window as your capitol ship flies thru the sector. I really like the Nomad carriers they remind me of the carrier from Space Above and Beyond.

paris_england
x4

Post by paris_england » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 03:55

Thanks for the info Lino!

vrod
x4

Assemble a team for building interiors

Post by vrod » Tue, 29. Jan 19, 20:15

Hi all.

It seems we all share a passion about having some extra room(s) on the stations and ships.

For stations, there could be a med-facility. Sell them first-aid kits or delirium there, or maybe pickup some free needles. Also, go there to pickup sick patients to travel to other medical facilities. Use an incubator to hatch spacefly eggs (OK, it was a stretch).
Perhaps have rooms that are production rooms. Right now, you can fly a ship inside some of them. Might be nice to have a walkway or so in them. Maybe there is a control panel(s) somewhere in the production room that will let you tweak performance or check the stats of production. (in your own station or hack into another station)

For ships...well it has already been said. Lots of things can be added here.

So, what do we need to get started?

1. A team.
2. A plan.
3. Talent.
4. Patience.

We would need modellers, coders, and folks interested in graphics. (for textures) Most importantly, we need knowledge as to how to build a room(s), review it, then stick it in the game.

If you are interested in joining the team, please PM me. We can do this, only if we can figure out how to build/review/put in game.

thanks!
-VRod

jim_baem
xr

Post by jim_baem » Thu, 7. May 20, 00:21

Unfortunately, the developers have made it so that due to the multitexture for the interior of the stations and the captains ' cabins, it is almost impossible to modify them. I tried to fix a number of minor flaws for some models, but I couldn't convert the multitexture that is used on 90% of interior surfaces :cry:

Orageon
x4

Post by Orageon » Thu, 7. May 20, 18:56

Oh yeah, at least I could imagine ships (M, L, XL) have rooms inspired from Engineering and Security Rooms on stations, maybe even their own bar...

Good luck with implementing this. I guess the first point is ti reuse existing simple rooms like security office maybe ? (disabling the hacking stuff though)..
"At the end of the game, pawns and kings alike end up in the same box."
--
X4 - Pep Talk - Motivate your crew to boost their morale

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Fri, 8. May 20, 00:41

jim_baem wrote:
Thu, 7. May 20, 00:21
Unfortunately, the developers have made it so that due to the multitexture for the interior of the stations and the captains ' cabins, it is almost impossible to modify them. I tried to fix a number of minor flaws for some models, but I couldn't convert the multitexture that is used on 90% of interior surfaces :cry:
the multimat material has multibe layers. each layer is a different texture. i think it was 32 layers.
i exported each layer with GIMP since blender cant open the multimat material. that way i could see what layer is used.
then i made a ship mod with the material and made the ship a big box. then i subdivided the box a couple of times and assinged different layers of the material. this is done via meshId0-color1 in blender.
layer selection is the blue channel. so if u vertex paint it its the last two digits of the hex colour code. F2FF19 for example should select layer 19. but it will actually select layer 20 or 18. im not sure right now.
anyway, my point is that the layer selection is offset by 1 if u run it through the converter. for some reason... hell knows why. and that needs to be corrected if u want to work with the multimat material.

its not like its impossible. its just that its a pain. like a lot of things with the converter.

[ external image ]
Gebt mir einen Spiegel dann schlage ich ihn mit seinem eigenen Gesicht

boogieman335
x4

Post by boogieman335 » Fri, 8. May 20, 03:46

Ship Mod by JL adds rooms to ships. How its done I don't know because I don't know didly about .xml .The Ship mod availiable in Steam workshop adds a carrier, a destroyer, an aux ship and 2 battleships all with multiple rooms, based on station rooms. The carrier, the destoyer and one of the battleships is based on the Terran ships from Albion Prelude and Terran conflict, and are very cool. Combined with the new elite advanced mod it almost gives enough ships for a new faction of terrans.

Sevanje
x4

Post by Sevanje » Fri, 8. May 20, 15:51

Oh I would like to have this too. We need an office to run the empire from.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sat, 9. May 20, 00:15

I second this! Would really like to visit the engine room and such. :D
jim_baem wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 15:16
I'd like to see a passenger room so I can talk to them or get the news or make my prisoners like in X3 :mrgreen:
Yeah, seriously, what happens with the captured crew when I take a cap ship? I took a Wyvern last night and it had like 3 enemy crew walking around when it was already mine, then they disappeared.

jim_baem
xr

Post by jim_baem » Mon, 11. May 20, 19:11

BrummBear02 wrote:
Fri, 8. May 20, 00:41
jim_baem wrote:
the multimat material has multibe layers. each layer is a different texture. i think it was 32 layers.
i exported each layer with GIMP since blender cant open the multimat material. that way i could see what layer is used.
then i made a ship mod with the material and made the ship a big box. then i subdivided the box a couple of times and assinged different layers of the material. this is done via meshId0-color1 in blender.
layer selection is the blue channel. so if u vertex paint it its the last two digits of the hex colour code. F2FF19 for example should select layer 19. but it will actually select layer 20 or 18. im not sure right now.
anyway, my point is that the layer selection is offset by 1 if u run it through the converter. for some reason... hell knows why. and that needs to be corrected if u want to work with the multimat material.

its not like its impossible. its just that its a pain. like a lot of things with the converter.

[ external image ]
Oh, man, I didn't think there was a way to do it. I mainly work with Autodesk 3ds Max and Autodesk Maya. I'm not familiar with Blender. Could you tell us how you pulled out these textures or share them?)

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Mon, 11. May 20, 19:52

jim_baem wrote:
Mon, 11. May 20, 19:11
BrummBear02 wrote:
jim_baem wrote:

[ external image ]
Oh, man, I didn't think there was a way to do it. I mainly work with Autodesk 3ds Max and Autodesk Maya. I'm not familiar with Blender. Could you tell us how you pulled out these textures or share them?)
i already said i did it with gimp. thats a program^^ and btw 19hex is 25 decimal. just to correct the nonsens i said earlier.
Gebt mir einen Spiegel dann schlage ich ihn mit seinem eigenen Gesicht

jim_baem
xr

Post by jim_baem » Tue, 12. May 20, 21:11

BrummBear02 wrote:
Mon, 11. May 20, 19:52
jim_baem wrote:
Mon, 11. May 20, 19:11
BrummBear02 wrote:

[ external image ]
i already said i did it with gimp. thats a program^^ and btw 19hex is 25 decimal. just to correct the nonsens i said earlier.
Thank you for clarifying. I don't speak any foreign languages and use online translators to understand you. I will try to find this program, it is also unknown to me))

The message has been updated:
I did it! Thank you man!

reggie368
x4

Post by reggie368 » Sat, 30. May 20, 12:11

I'm so glad to see that there are people who may be able to make that kind of MOD. I just can't wait to see any results ! :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”