(request) PLEASE make them SHUT UP!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Knightdark
x4

(request) PLEASE make them SHUT UP!

Post by Knightdark » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 13:01

When I'm just exploring, I'm practically bombarded by the 'drop your cargo' or 'this cargo look better like last lot, just drop cargo' and whatever other variations there are. So please, for the love of anything, make them SHUT UP! It's one after the other and I'm just passing them by on travel speed so they can't even touch me. It's literally one after the other with no end in sight. either muting them or simply decreasing the amount of raiders in the game. Either that, or make them smarter and only demand that you drop your cargo if you actually got anything worthwhile or if you can't run away. Because as it is right now, it doesn't make much sense. (in my humble opinion.)

Thanks!
KD

vtecem
x4

Re: (request) PLEASE make them SHUT UP!

Post by vtecem » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 19:47

Do you happen to be on the mission and have 3 antimatter in cargo?

I believe the pirates might be a tad scripted during that mission.

Knightdark
x4

Post by Knightdark » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 20:20

I already completed that mission and haven't got anything worthwhile in my cargo at the moment. I am, in fact starting a new game because it is getting too much on my nerves. Still, even if I somehow missed that I still got something in my cargo (pretty sure I don't) but if I somehow did, I still would want something to mute them.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 20:30

In libraries/parameters.xml toward the bottom is the <backgroundcomm> node. I suspect reducing range to 0 will effectively turn them off.

Knightdark
x4

Post by Knightdark » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 21:52

SirNukes wrote:
Mon, 3. Dec 18, 20:30
In libraries/parameters.xml toward the bottom is the <backgroundcomm> node. I suspect reducing range to 0 will effectively turn them off.
Do you mean it will mute the sounds, or do you mean that it will stop happening period?

Knightdark
x4

Post by Knightdark » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 15:38

Looking back on it, I think it may have been a bug that I was constantly bothered. I've since started several new games and while I still get the occasional drop the cargo line, it's much less annoying than before. I still want to mute them though, because you can pretty much ignore them without consequences nine times out of ten.

Knightdark
x4

Post by Knightdark » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 00:21

Don't want to spam, but has anyone else has had this problem? To the point where it got really annoying?

GBlair4811
x4

Post by GBlair4811 » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 18:14

You aren't the only one.

And they also aren't saying those things to you. They are saying it to each other. It's really annoying :P

Silveressa
x4

Post by Silveressa » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 18:42

Yes, it's extremely aggravating, right along side continual docking request spam from various NPC's while scanning a station or otherwise sitting outside one. At the very least give us an option to turn off the com frequencies unless the hail is directed at the player?
"Lesbian Gamers, sometimes we use our hands for other things."

Tharrg
x4

Post by Tharrg » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 21:21

I have always assumed the pirating requests were targeted at other pilots. I often hear the other pilot reply which helps confirm my belief.

I find it the opposite of immersive, as really your not going to here other people conversations. Even today if you are passing someone else's ship you would not hear the captain, in his bridge, talking to the harbour master about docking.

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Wed, 4. Dec 19, 18:22

Depends on method of transmission. Tight-beam or lasercoms, no you wouldn't hear another ship communicating with docking control. But if using broadcast on an open frequency, you would hear, unless they switched to a private or reserved frequency.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”