[WIP] Dawn of Rebirth

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

sco1981
x4

Re: [WIP] Rebirth Ships

Post by sco1981 » Wed, 2. Jan 19, 18:07

Ojump wrote:
Wed, 2. Jan 19, 17:53

Please note that this is a different mod made by sco1981 and completely in parrallel of mine. For those in a hurry to have XR ships in their Game, I recommend to use his mod.

As for me, I am still ongoing. So far the Lepton, Onil and Taranis are completely finished and i'm working on the Arawn. However, as I transfer the ships with quality and balance as first concern, you can imagine that it takes some time to do :).
I will, however, make an update of the first post in one or two days to show how the things are going and what is planned in the futur.

Additionnaly, I don't plan to only import ships but considering to extend the content beyond that, depending on how the time and motivation are going ( though I will try to release a first something soon after the patch 2.0 from Egosoft).
Good to hear, can't hardly wait for your mod! :thumb_up:
My mod is only for learning modding and has some bugs yet. Not a good solution for someone with an eye for quality. :D

Ojump
x4

Post by Ojump » Wed, 2. Jan 19, 18:09

If you are knowledgable around the topic of porting models to X4, it would also be great if you could port some nice ship models from otehr games (elite dangerous has some nice models, or some other game). The game really needs more ships.
Do you also consider making the ships compatible with other mods? Such as weapons rebalance mods?
I definitely consider to make it compatible with a few mods that i'm interested in, such as Foundation of Conquest and War and weapon rebalance yes. But this is another step and I will look into that later.

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Thu, 3. Jan 19, 18:11

Once you are satisfied with your first set of imports, would you please consider writing a start to finish tutorial for importing a ship from X:R into X4 so others may import some of their favorite ships? I would love to import my Sucellus in (as well as see if I can import some models from X3:TC/AP using the same methods).
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

Ojump
x4

Post by Ojump » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 08:03

StormMagi wrote:
Thu, 3. Jan 19, 18:11
Once you are satisfied with your first set of imports, would you please consider writing a start to finish tutorial for importing a ship from X:R into X4 so others may import some of their favorite ships? I would love to import my Sucellus in (as well as see if I can import some models from X3:TC/AP using the same methods).
Actually, I suggest to read the tutorials over here. There are almost all the informations necessary to get started.

Outside that, I updated the first post of this thread to give more information about the mod and when I think I will be able to release it :wink:

Requiemfang
x4

Re: [WIP] Dawn of Rebirth

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 08:14

Looking at one of the images there on the OP, did you somehow manage to port over better explosions?

adzipp

Post by adzipp » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 10:20

Requiemfang wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 08:14
Looking at one of the images there on the OP, did you somehow manage to port over better explosions?
That's a must important part of rebirth missing in x4, more important than poor ship design i say.

Ojump
x4

Post by Ojump » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 15:31

Yes, I do get better explosions, at least a part of it (if not all). The normal X4 explosion happen, followed by the reactor reaction from XR.

adzipp

Post by adzipp » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 15:37

Ojump wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 15:31
Yes, I do get better explosions, at least a part of it (if not all). The normal X4 explosion happen, followed by the reactor reaction from XR.
I love you m8, cant wait to see it.

unit757
x4

Post by unit757 » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 18:36

So has this moved beyond just adding new ship models into X4?

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 19:02

Ojump wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 08:03
StormMagi wrote:
Thu, 3. Jan 19, 18:11
Actually, I suggest to read the tutorials over here. There are almost all the informations necessary to get started.

Outside that, I updated the first post of this thread to give more information about the mod and when I think I will be able to release it :wink:
Will take a look, Looking forward to the release. Thanks for all your work. :thumb_up:
MOD XR Show Skills

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 19:06

unit757 wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 18:36
I don't think so. I was setting up XR to replay it (since I never finished the story at least) and was looking for any custom ship models. Haven't seen any in the forums here (english anyway) or on Nexus. From what I have gathered though, is it is much harder to bring ships into X:R than previous X games. Since X:4 uses the same engine and all, I think we are in the same boat. Either not possible due to lack of the right tools or so convoluted people didn't bother. Or option 3, no one cared enough to put ships into XR that you couldn't fly, since there is the capital ship bridge mod...
MOD XR Show Skills

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 20:20

StormMagi wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 19:06
unit757 wrote:
I don't think so. I was setting up XR to replay it (since I never finished the story at least) and was looking for any custom ship models. Haven't seen any in the forums here (english anyway) or on Nexus. From what I have gathered though, is it is much harder to bring ships into X:R than previous X games. Since X:4 uses the same engine and all, I think we are in the same boat. Either not possible due to lack of the right tools or so convoluted people didn't bother. Or option 3, no one cared enough to put ships into XR that you couldn't fly, since there is the capital ship bridge mod...
Don't forget there is a mod in XR where someone managed to import models from X3 era games.

The Lost Sectors mod viewtopic.php?f=129&t=392085

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 01:29

Lost Sectors and CWIR New Frontier indeed have a few new ships, aside from more renamed ones. OL's largest xxxkron ships being the most visually appealing to consider.
But indeed, there's not any that you can actually fly since it wasn't XR's concept. But cap ship bridge + new ships is almost the same thing, besides the more common activity of blowing them up as enemies.

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... WIKI/Ships

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 07:10

Requiemfang wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 20:20
StormMagi wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 19:06
unit757 wrote:
Don't forget there is a mod in XR where someone managed to import models from X3 era games.

The Lost Sectors mod viewtopic.php?f=129&t=392085
magitsu wrote:
Thu, 10. Jan 19, 01:29
Lost Sectors and CWIR New Frontier indeed have a few new ships, aside from more renamed ones. OL's largest xxxkron ships being the most visually appealing to consider.
But indeed, there's not any that you can actually fly since it wasn't XR's concept. But cap ship bridge + new ships is almost the same thing, besides the more common activity of blowing them up as enemies.

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... WIKI/Ships

I missed those, probably because I was looking more for standalones than multi-feature packages. That gives me much more hope.
MOD XR Show Skills

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Sat, 19. Jan 19, 00:29

questen do you have any new images haw your mod is progressing or maybe a small video :)

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 21:56

Ojump, any progress or is no news good news? :D
MOD XR Show Skills

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Wed, 27. Feb 19, 06:53

Ojump are you still with us :?

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Fri, 1. Mar 19, 02:43

We can safely say that Ojump has "Ojumped ship"! get it? get it? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

ok im gonna see myself out.

Ojump
x4

Post by Ojump » Fri, 1. Mar 19, 09:41

Nah, I'm still around, just got a bit busy the 2 previous months. :wink:

However, the main issue for the mod is still here : collisions meshes make the game unstable, so as long as this issue is ongoing, I cannot release anything (More ships with collision meshes added = higher crashes frequency).

So if someone succeed to solve the problem in some way...I would be happy to know
Last edited by Ojump on Fri, 1. Mar 19, 09:54, edited 1 time in total.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 1. Mar 19, 15:31

There are a few other mods out there that managed to port some ships from XR. Maybe the authors found a fix for the issues.
I really have no idea... I haven't switched to modded game yet. Once I do, it's probably going to be because of your mod, because... Lepton/Onil...

I'm gonna re-create Cantera in Nopelio's fortune. :D
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”