[WIP] Dawn of Rebirth

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ojump
x4

[WIP] Dawn of Rebirth

Post by Ojump » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 18:23

What is this ?
X Rebirth may have been controversial, but nonetheless had very good parts : the details put into the sectors and ships.
This mod aim to bring back some but not all, of those good features : a few ships, sectors & effects and rebalance everything to match X4 gameplay.
Concerning the ships, some L and XL ships will make it back to X4 if I’m sure that I can reach a decent quality to release them. For the other, they will rest in P...Rebirth

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

In what it is different from another Rebirth import?
In order to avoid clipping, the ships are slightly remodeled to integrate more efficiently the components such as docking bays and Airlock.
Additionally, I remain as close as possible to the way they were designed in XR and balance them around that (costs, speed, HP ...)

Will you bring more features than just ships and assets?
probably, I will see the time being.

Will the mod be compatible with other mods?
For now, this will be a vanilla mod. Other mods may be compatible though (weapons rebalance, etc...).
If I explicitly work to make the mod compatible with another one, I will say so. If I do not say so, then it is up to you to try (and no, I won't make the mod compatible to another one on request).
However, I’m considering to make the mod compatible for Foundation of Conquest and War at some point. However, if I finally decide to do so, the vanilla version will not be updated anymore (Vanilla Files will still be available but not maintained)

When and what will you release the mod?
The first version will feature only a handful of ships:
- Taranis
- Onil (Mineral)
- Lepton
- Titurel
- Stromvok
- Arawn is ongoing but require a huge amount of job to have something nice, so it will come later if the result is satisfying enough ( ships docking path to script, 3D remodelling,...).
Other ships will also follow.

The time to have something good enough, I think we will release the Alpha version of the mod after the 2.0 patch of Egosoft.

Can you also import ships from Elite, Eve, whatever the game?
Nop, not planned.

Can you also make a tutorial for how to convert a ship ?
I could do that, but several people have already made a wonderful job to provide tutorials. So by looking at those, you will definitely know how to do. Take a look here

Can I help you ?
Right now, if someone succeed to modify/make collisions meshes and actually used them in the game without making it unstable (freezing when quiting the game). I would really appreciate his help.

Modders & Contributors :
Sco1981
Ojump
Takei Naodar ( Taranis Docking path)
Parcipal
Last edited by Ojump on Wed, 9. Jan 19, 08:16, edited 6 times in total.

heseno

Re: [WIP] Rebirth Ships

Post by heseno » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 19:04

On the problem of not being able to modify, I'v had that happen to me before and had to sell the ship and just buy a new one, so that may just be a bug you ran into and nothing to do with the mod

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 19:47

The bug with the black screen is because you have some kind of error on the installed wares.
Enable debug output and check for errors specifically those that relate to wares.xml.

I had this same issues when I gave myself the Khaak Kyon Emitters because they are missing entries in wares.xml.

Azran_Zala
x4

Post by Azran_Zala » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 20:06

I just called, to say, I love you.

Albion & Terran caps were stunning in XR.

vivelaraclette
x3ap

Post by vivelaraclette » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 00:35

Wow, to see x-rebirth ship in x4 would be a dream and you, sire, are making this dream a reality !
Good luck o7

x4

Post by 13913408324 » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 00:59

Is this the ship in the XR?The model is a bit crude.

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 01:14

Teladi will love you forever if you get a working Titurel.

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 02:29

Cannot wait to finaly fly a Taranis.

Antony23

Post by Antony23 » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 02:45

You are a hero!! <3

Jaswolf
x4

Post by Jaswolf » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 09:20

8) You are AWESOME ! 8)

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 09:38

Wow - great work!
Can you maybe make a short tutorial how other people can do this? So others can help.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 09:48

Official Egosoft statement on porting XR assets, FYI.

https://i.imgur.com/tTmFK98.png

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

Ojump
x4

Post by Ojump » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 10:48

enenra wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 09:48
Thanks for the information. I'm actually not surprised and it makes sense, that's why I did not even give any sample of xml so far :wink:

My first purpose is to extend my own game.

At Best I will release the xml "descriptor files" of the ships (turrets position, etc...) without any of the 3D Mesh of the ships necessary to make everything work ( which means, you will still need to get X rebirth and extract its assets in order to be able to use the ships). And even for the "descriptor files", I will only provide them if I get the agreement of Egosoft in prior.

But so far, i'm not at that point yet, i'm just exploring and trying to make everything work :)

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 10:57

Ojump wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 10:48
enenra wrote:
Thanks for the information. I'm actually not surprised and it makes sense, that's why I did not even give any sample of xml so far :wink:

My first purpose is to extend my own game.

At Best I will release the xml "descriptor files" of the ships (turrets position, etc...) without any of the 3D Mesh of the ships necessary to make everything work ( which means, you will still need to get X rebirth and extract its assets in order to be able to use the ships). And even for the "descriptor files", I will only provide them if I get the agreement of Egosoft in prior.

But so far, i'm not at that point yet, i'm just exploring and trying to make everything work :)
But can you not give a short description of how people can do this on their own? Sure only people who own XR could do it anyway...
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

AlthalusTPC
x4

Post by AlthalusTPC » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 11:23

Did you tryed the Albion Skunk? Just because their should be a ready to go cockpit.

But really great work... a 'simple' ( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) Tutorial for doing it by ourselfs, hope you interpret the smileys right ;) , would be a so really great thing.

ADMNtek
x4

Post by ADMNtek » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 11:28

my question is how is this going to work with ne X4 features like the teleporter and the space suit? how are you going to land smaller ships or land on larger ships with out docking bays? i would love to see a Taranis or Rahanas in this but how? still hope it works out.

Urschleim
x4

Post by Urschleim » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 11:42

That´s awesome, Sir !!!

Ojump
x4

Post by Ojump » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 12:13

ADMNtek wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 11:28
my question is how is this going to work with ne X4 features like the teleporter and the space suit? how are you going to land smaller ships or land on larger ships with out docking bays? i would love to see a Taranis or Rahanas in this but how? still hope it works out.
For the teleporter : I did not test that part yet , but as you need to declare the coordinates of the cockpit, i'm pretty sure the teleporter teleport you at those coordinates in particular
For the small ships docking bay : There is an asset for the docking bay, the work consists to integrate this asset at a good looking location in order that it looks fully "integrated" to the hull of the ship. For the Onil, I put it at the same docking point of X Rebirth because there is enough space, it could be more difficult on other ships however.

But for sure, to make it 100% good looking, some 3D modifications of the models could be better (mostly for the shipy docking bay and the spacesuit hatch). I will try to see later if it's not too hard to do.
The bug with the black screen is because you have some kind of error on the installed wares.
Enable debug output and check for errors specifically those that relate to wares.xml.

I had this same issues when I gave myself the Khaak Kyon Emitters because they are missing entries in wares.xml.
Thanks for the advice. Sadly it seems to be a bug for the game. I have the same problem if I spawn a Behemot an try to equip it at Argon prime shipyard.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 20:31

This is looking great!

Onil and Lepton were some of my favourite designs in XR, so for me you couldn't pick a better example.

I'll follow this thread with interest.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

cyrusjackson
x4

Post by cyrusjackson » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 23:34

Ojump wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 10:48
enenra wrote:
I hope that's not your final word :(

Well, as Egosoft said. As long as you release only a few fully converted ships, there's no problem at all.
I honestly would be happy already with only the Arawn and the Taranis. The 2 best looking ships in X:Rebirth imho.

If you only release the xml files in the end. That would be quite sad but that would be better than nothing. As long as porting the 3D model itself is not too complicated.
Thanks for your work anyhow.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”