[REQ] (1) Remove ship limit for stations, (2) Change the Ping Color for Datavaults

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rasta4e4
x4

[REQ] (1) Remove ship limit for stations, (2) Change the Ping Color for Datavaults

Post by Rasta4e4 » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 19:35

actualy stations have a limit of 256 ships working for them and it doesent matter what ships, traders, miners or security.
so my requested mod is to set this limit to unlimited or a number you never reach like 1mio or something.

change the ping color for the datavaults to any colour not used for pings like green
Last edited by Rasta4e4 on Sat, 8. Dec 18, 03:37, edited 1 time in total.

Chair5768
x3

Re: [REQ] (1) Remove ship limit for stations, (2) Change the Ping Color for Datasatelites

Post by Chair5768 » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 21:45

I haven't looked at stations much so I can't help you with the first part. The second part I could probably help with but I could use more information. I've spent way more time modding the game than playing it, so I'm a little fuzzy on what you mean by 'Datasatelites' and why you want them to have different pings. Are you talking about the normal deployable, 'satellite', and 'advanced satellite', or perhaps the datavaults, or is it some object I haven't encountered yet?

Rasta4e4
x4

Re: [REQ] (1) Remove ship limit for stations, (2) Change the Ping Color for Datasatelites

Post by Rasta4e4 » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 23:44

that would be nice,
yes its the datavaults, it have the same ping color than other stuf the purple ping and it would be nice to detect it with a unique ping color to find them much easyer

here is an image of one of it with the ping color
https://imgur.com/a/rBtTpx0

Chair5768
x3

Re: [REQ] (1) Remove ship limit for stations, (2) Change the Ping Color for Datavaults

Post by Chair5768 » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 08:54

Yep, those are datavaults in the English version. The process of changing ping colours was a bit more involved than I had originally anticipated so I couldn't get the colour I wanted but I managed to put something together that should do:
Unique Datavault Pings
Hope that helps, cheers.

Rasta4e4
x4

Re: [REQ] (1) Remove ship limit for stations, (2) Change the Ping Color for Datavaults

Post by Rasta4e4 » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 11:34

thats great thanks

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 17:35

Chair5768 wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 08:54
Yep, those are datavaults in the English version. The process of changing ping colours was a bit more involved than I had originally anticipated so I couldn't get the colour I wanted but I managed to put something together that should do:
Unique Datavault Pings
Hope that helps, cheers.
Should post that in it's very own thread, that way it will be easier for people to find that mod.

jim_baem
xr

Post by jim_baem » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 13:14

Chair5768 wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 08:54
Unique Datavault Pings
Hope that helps, cheers.
Я попытался улучшить ваш мод, чтобы можно было назначить любой цвет на этот пинг. Нашел файл который отвечает за цвет. Это оказался файл 3D модели с наложенной черно-белой текстурой. Я конвертировал эту модель в 3D Max, переименовывал эту 3D модель, но так и не понял как с этой 3D моделью связан нужный цвет так как на нее наложена черно белая текстура. Строчка кода <mapblip r="ХХХ" g="ХХХ" b="ХХХ" /> в фаиле effects.xml как вы уже знаете не действует на это. Эта 3D модель с пурпурным цветом называется anim_nova_alpha-lod0 находится по адресу assets\legacy\fx\misc\scfx_result_special_01_data. Может эта информация поможет вам решить этот вопрос с назначением любого цвета.

I tried to improve your mod so that you can assign any color to this ping. Found the file that's responsible for the color. It turned out to be a 3D model file with superimposed black and white texture. I converted this model to 3D Max, renamed this 3D model, but did not understand how this 3D model is associated with the desired color as it is superimposed black and white texture. Line of code <mapblip r="ХХХ" g="ХХХ" b="ХХХ" /> in the effects.xml, as you already know, has no effect on this. This 3D model with purple color is called is called anim_nova_alpha-lod0 located at assets\legacy\fx\misc\scfx_result_special_01_data. Maybe this information will help you to solve this issue with the appointment of any color.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”