[Request] Jumpdrive

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Tattoonation
x4

[Request] Jumpdrive

Post by Tattoonation » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 18:39

Hello Modders!

It's almost Christmas and I wish the Jump Drive back from X3.
With pleasure also with energy cells as fuel. If that were possible, X4 would be more "cool" for me (and sure much other Playes)! :P
X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Fri, 14. Dec 18, 23:34
Wer enttäuscht vom Spiel ist, darf das hier äußern und muss sich nicht anhören (respektive lesen), welche Fehler oder Unzulänglichkeiten man aushalten soll. Solche Kommentare also bitte hier sein lassen.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Re: [Request] Jumpdrive

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 19:15

Well that didn't take long. xD

SimB
x4

Post by SimB » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 13:43

I second this motion! :D

BUT: Only for XL (maybe L) size ships AND only through research that actually takes some time and/or resources.

Tattoonation
x4

Post by Tattoonation » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 23:41

SimB wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 13:43
I second this motion! :D

BUT: Only for XL (maybe L) size ships AND only through research that actually takes some time and/or resources.
Oh no. This restriction would make the jump drive pointless for me. I asked about it, because it's just part of it for me to have a real X-feel.

I do not like these big systems and the long travel time at all. I would like to use the "No Highways / Superhighways" Mod and a jump drive Mod.
X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Fri, 14. Dec 18, 23:34
Wer enttäuscht vom Spiel ist, darf das hier äußern und muss sich nicht anhören (respektive lesen), welche Fehler oder Unzulänglichkeiten man aushalten soll. Solche Kommentare also bitte hier sein lassen.

.Sinistral

Post by .Sinistral » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 23:59

+1000 Votes from me too.
Don't understand why they were taken out completely in the first place. I mean, who in their right mind uses highways & jump gates with a capital ship? unless they're drunk... :gruebel:

Tried adding it myself but since the move to that xml based rubbish i don't have the patience anymore, much preferred the old *real* msci scripting.

aerojet029
x4

Post by aerojet029 » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 09:33

seems like a missed opertunity... and what do we get in return for losing jumpdrives? instant player teleportation... pish posh.. get otta here. altough If anything make it something everyone can use.

technically I can use a jumpdrive.. just have two of the same ships and teleport between the two.. :lol: like I never left!

Gundam_F91
x3tc

Post by Gundam_F91 » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 16:30

+ 1 from me, but there is some problem here, many gate in x4 is superhighway and Accelerator, which make it problematic with Jump driver

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”