[Request] Resource Probes usable by managers

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Vlyxnol
x4

[Request] Resource Probes usable by managers

Post by Vlyxnol » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 02:25

I have an idea for a mod that would allow Managers to be told where exactly to send their ships to mine via Resource Probes. This would give resource probes a real use and allow the player to have fun hunting and exploiting high amounts of resources in nearby sectors. It would also act as a semi natural blacklist to zones and maybe even add gameplay by allowing the player to defend their mining ships properly by knowing exactly where they will be mining and the route they will take! I'm already fairly certain that if ships mine in areas where resources probes say there is a high amount of minerals that ship does infact mine alot faster.

If any modders are interested in this idea here are some things I can predict will have to be accomplished.

Probably through the comm menu with the manager, the player can assign 1 or more resource probes to be used by its subordinates.

An option would need to be created to use only the probes or his own judgement in addition to the probes.

Resource probes would need a self destruct button, since no one wants a sector full of failed green dots.

Managers of different skill levels would need to be able to do this with greater or less efficiency based upon their management skill.

If anyone is interested in this let me know and I'll help in any way I can!

Vlyxnol
x4

Re: [Request] Resource Probes usable by managers

Post by Vlyxnol » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 07:01

I took some time and looked into doing this myself, however i am an amateur at best when it comes to programming. I have created some xml mods before but usually struggle when it comes to dealing with anything beyond that.

I think i found the files i need and one of them is a .lua file. I have some questions about the details before i go spending hours stumbling around trying to make things work. Is there an x4 modders discord or somewhere I could ask a few noob questions to get started?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”