[request] No illegal inventory items

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

tylitalo
x4

[request] No illegal inventory items

Post by tylitalo » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 08:13

I'd like a mod that removes the illegal tag for all items carried in inventory instead of in ship cargo. Is that a possibility? I'd like this because it seems there's no place to stash said items to keep them until they're needed.

Zippe
x4

Re: [request] No illegal inventory items

Post by Zippe » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 10:20

tylitalo wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 08:13
I'd like a mod that removes the illegal tag for all items carried in inventory instead of in ship cargo. Is that a possibility? I'd like this because it seems there's no place to stash said items to keep them until they're needed.
You could try this:

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=403571

tylitalo
x4

Post by tylitalo » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 07:00

That might work. I couldn't determine if it also makes illegal cargo immune to police scans, which is something I wouldn't want.

Duke Flipside
x4

Post by Duke Flipside » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 02:05

Bit of an exploit I noticed earlier: if you are scanned by police whilst not piloting your ship, you can get away free! The police will scan and detect your illegal inventory items, and demand you dump your illegal cargo. If your pilot's behaviour is set to comply with the police, they'll broadcast back that they're "dumping the cargo", which satisfies the police; however, the pilot can't dump your inventory items, so you get to keep them without aggravating the police.

I haven't tested quickly hopping out the chair mid-scan, I only noticed this as I was being flown around whilst I fiddled with managing stations and ended up getting scanned, but hopefully it should still work.

Invasion

Post by Invasion » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 19:38

Duke Flipside wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 02:05
Bit of an exploit I noticed earlier: if you are scanned by police whilst not piloting your ship, you can get away free! The police will scan and detect your illegal inventory items, and demand you dump your illegal cargo. If your pilot's behaviour is set to comply with the police, they'll broadcast back that they're "dumping the cargo", which satisfies the police; however, the pilot can't dump your inventory items, so you get to keep them without aggravating the police.

I haven't tested quickly hopping out the chair mid-scan, I only noticed this as I was being flown around whilst I fiddled with managing stations and ended up getting scanned, but hopefully it should still work.
Apparently not the case anymore
I just had a harrowing experience
<Blunt Threadslayer>
Making you sweat today, so you won't have to bleed tomorrow

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”