[MOD] Satellite Network v0.33

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Requiemfang
x4

Re: [MOD] Satellite Network v0.33

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 04:40

Hows performance handling? especially with the map open as we all know the games FPS tanks to horrible with the map open.

ranykt
x4

Post by ranykt » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 07:23

morbideth wrote:
Sun, 23. Dec 18, 02:41
ranykt wrote:
Sun, 23. Dec 18, 02:26
So does this have issues in later game, or is it just mine? I have a few mods installed and this mod just flat out died. It laid satellites for like 70% of the galaxy, and I'm using the Sector Satellites mod, with Advanced Satellite Range submod. After this point, i had to keep fiddling for extended periods to get it to run, to the point it took 20 minutes to even start laying satellites in 1 sector, which only lasted 3 runs, then died completely. I had to manually lay the last 7 sectors of satellites because this mod literally wouldn't work at all. I played with the settings in SETA for 15 minutes and the ship assigned never moved again unless I told it to, which led me to doing the rest manually.

It was so bad that I had the ship is Pious Mists (which it wouldn't lay satellites for), told it to explore The Void, which it docked at a station for no reason and then docked at the Antigone Memorial Equipment Dock, flew back to Pious Mists, then back to The Void, laid satellites in The Void and stopped again. I managed to keep it going for 2 more sectors after this point by sending the ship to a sector and laying a satellite, then it would run, but then even that stopped working, which led me to manually completing the process.

Is this incompatible with other satellite modes, which broke my scenario? Or is it a long term issue?
In my game I managed to cover 90+% of the stations on the map with just 2 ships, so it does work. Calculations take longer the fewer stations need sats, as it keeps looking until it find one. It also waits 5-10 mins after finishing a search. And finally, all waits are in real time SETA has no effect on how fast it performs the calculations nor how long it waits afterwards.

As far as compatibility goes, I don't use sector satellites in my game but, as I understand it, it does some kind of fake reveal of the stations? The game may not consider the stations it reveals as known to the player. Or it could be that you are just not leaving the ships alone long enough to finish their calculations.
Well, I left my game running in the background while I watched an episode of Legends of Tomorrow. This ship never moved in that entire time. When i was able to move it, such as increasing the range, it started moving 3 seconds after i changed it, which is the example I gave in the original post. For the most part, it was usually under 1 minute for it start. The process was to tell it to fly to a sector, and it just sat there. I deployed a satellite, it still sat there. I then set it to Hold Position then switched it right back to Deploy Satellites and it took off in 3 seconds.

Regardless, you were able to get to near completion, which means that it is likely one of my other mods. This is a brand new game with 1.5, so there was nothing that should've interfered other than the mods.

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 07:43

ranykt wrote:
Sun, 23. Dec 18, 07:23
Well, I left my game running in the background while I watched an episode of Legends of Tomorrow. This ship never moved in that entire time. When i was able to move it, such as increasing the range, it started moving 3 seconds after i changed it, which is the example I gave in the original post. For the most part, it was usually under 1 minute for it start. The process was to tell it to fly to a sector, and it just sat there. I deployed a satellite, it still sat there. I then set it to Hold Position then switched it right back to Deploy Satellites and it took off in 3 seconds.

Regardless, you were able to get to near completion, which means that it is likely one of my other mods. This is a brand new game with 1.5, so there was nothing that should've interfered other than the mods.
You can run the game with -scriptlogfiles, and it will output the file sattest.txt to My Documents\Egosoft\X4\<some number>\logs, that will tell you exactly what it is doing.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 11:29

Heya, gonna fire up your mod next week once i finally have some time to actually play the game again. :D
Also stumbled over your lua discoveries, thanks for doing this. I'm hoping egosoft will lend us a hand here once they've fixed the games immediate problems so we won't have to default to nasty interface injections.

Also noticed this part:
morbideth wrote:
Sun, 23. Dec 18, 02:41
As far as compatibility goes, I don't use sector satellites in my game but, as I understand it, it does some kind of fake reveal of the stations? The game may not consider the stations it reveals as known to the player. Or it could be that you are just not leaving the ships alone long enough to finish their calculations.
Just to give some clarity about this, Sector Satellites doesn't do any "fake reveal", some sats spawn a type of satellite at stations in the current sector that stay there for about 1-2 minutes, until the stations are discovered. No fake reveals, no usage of <set_known/> of any kind. However i'm currently making the whole thing configurable, so if this is a dealbreaker for your mod in case you are checking for undiscovered stations instead of stations that don't have a sat nearby, then users can disable sats from detecting stations soon.
Last edited by iforgotmysocks on Sun, 23. Dec 18, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.

kohonac
x4

Post by kohonac » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 12:46

so im just curious if this looks right. seems like a lot of overlap to me

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 ... 0280596462

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 17:32

kohonac wrote:
Sun, 23. Dec 18, 12:46
so im just curious if this looks right. seems like a lot of overlap to me

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 ... 0280596462
Are you using sats with modded range? The range is hardcoded to the vanilla values. If you've not modded the sats, then you just got a bad roll. Probably something like the sat in the lower right wasn't a guess value for fewer sats so the check failed. You can use my collect deployables mod to pick up the sat and try again.

kohonac
x4

Post by kohonac » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 20:32

nope no modded sat ranges and yeah i saw your collector script and have it. guess this is a good reason to try it now :) . just wanted to make sure i wasnt missing something and they were supposed to be like that. ty again for the great mods

Zero_Anna
x4

Post by Zero_Anna » Sat, 29. Dec 18, 09:49

i got still problems with the language and textfiles

Game Language: english
MOD Path: C:\Users\<USER>\Documents\Egosoft\X4\<NUMBERS>\extensions\SatNetwork
MOD Version: v0.33 (20.12.2018)

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Sat, 29. Dec 18, 10:07

Zero_Anna wrote:
Sat, 29. Dec 18, 09:49
i got still problems with the language and textfiles

Game Language: english
MOD Path: C:\Users\<USER>\Documents\Egosoft\X4\<NUMBERS>\extensions\SatNetwork
MOD Version: v0.33 (20.12.2018)
morbideth wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 18:14

If you having trouble with the language file, make sure the mod is in your game folder/extensions NOT your documents folder.

v0.33
[ external image ]

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 00:16

Morbideth,

I was messing around with this trying to have it place sats on only specific things and seem to finally got it working. Changed Start find station to:

Code: Select all

<find_station name="$sectorstations" space="this.sector" multiple="true" known="true">
        <match_any>
			<match macro="macro.station_arg_tradestation_base_01_macro"/>
			<match macro="macro.station_par_tradestation_base_01_macro"/>
			<match macro="macro.station_tel_tradestation_base_01_macro"/>
			<match macro="macro.landmarks_tel_tradestation_01_macro"/>
			<match macro="macro.landmarks_par_tradestation_01_macro"/>
			<match_content class="class.buildmodule"/>
		</match_any>
		<match_relation_to object="this.ship" relation="enemy" comparison="not"/>
      </find_station>
and the FindSector find station to:

<find_station name="$clusterstations" space="$localclusters.{$counter_localclusters}" multiple="true" append="true" known="true">
			<match_any>
				<match macro="macro.station_arg_tradestation_base_01_macro"/>
				<match macro="macro.station_par_tradestation_base_01_macro"/>
				<match macro="macro.station_tel_tradestation_base_01_macro"/>
				<match macro="macro.landmarks_tel_tradestation_01_macro"/>
				<match macro="macro.landmarks_par_tradestation_01_macro"/>
				<match_content class="class.buildmodule"/>
			</match_any>
		  <match_relation_to object="this.ship" relation="enemy" comparison="not"/>
        </find_station>
      <do_if value="$cover_gates">
        <!--Highway gates-->
        <find_gate name="$clusterstations" append="true" accelerator="true" space="$localclusters.{$counter_localclusters}" knownto="this.ship.owner" multiple="true"/>
        <!--Jump gates-->
        <find_gate name="$clusterstations" append="true" accelerator="false" space="$localclusters.{$counter_localclusters}" knownto="this.ship.owner" multiple="true"/>
      </do_if>
I use sector satellites so using this and cover gates seems to cover every known sector. (I've restarted so many times I couldn't be troubled to do the set up anymore)

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 17:00

I haven't quite figured out the nuances of this script. Generally it seems to work, but I have two questions: does it actively seek out stations or do you have to have already revealed the FoW, and does it actively move into unknown sectors?

drhay53
x4

Post by drhay53 » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 16:19

Is anyone using this in 3.10 with DLC?

Edit: I fired it up and it seems to be working so far. The ship is moving around and is actually deploying satellites anyway. Not sure if it will eventually get stuck, and I assume it could use some updates.

Edit2: Ship got stuck somewhere pretty fast. I've been looking for an excuse to learn how to setup an environment and mod in X4. This seems like a good place to start.
Last edited by drhay53 on Thu, 9. Apr 20, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.

rihsc102
x3ap

Post by rihsc102 » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 17:03

captainradish wrote:
Sun, 24. Mar 19, 17:00
I haven't quite figured out the nuances of this script. Generally it seems to work, but I have two questions: does it actively seek out stations or do you have to have already revealed the FoW, and does it actively move into unknown sectors?
Would also like to know this

drhay53
x4

Post by drhay53 » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 01:18

I have poured over the logs with different settings and as far as I can tell this mod works just fine.

Also as far as I can tell, the mod is not magic; it only will place satellites near things you already know about. Or that's what it's intended to do, I haven't tested it.

<!--Make a list of all the stations that the player knows about in the sector.
            And that are not hostile.-->
      <find_station name="$sectorstations" space="this.sector" multiple="true" known="true">
        <match_relation_to object="this.ship" comparison="not" relation="enemy"/>
      </find_station>
      <!--if gate option is checked, add gates to list.-->
      <do_if value="$cover_gates">
        <!--Highway gates-->
        <find_gate name="$sectorstations" append="true" accelerator="true" space="this.sector" knownto="this.ship.owner" multiple="true"/>
        <!--Jump gates-->
        <find_gate name="$sectorstations" append="true" accelerator="false" space="this.sector" knownto="this.ship.owner" multiple="true"/>
      </do_if>
      <debug_to_file chance="$debugchance" name="'SatTest'" output="true" append="true" text="'Found %s stations.'.[$sectorstations.count]"/>
      <!--Loop through the stations, seeing if any needs a sat.-->

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 17:28

In many cases, a single satellite is sufficient to provide coverage for multiple stations, will this mod attempt to drop a single satellite to provide coverage to multiple stations?

drhay53
x4

Post by drhay53 » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 18:18

Falcrack wrote:
Fri, 10. Apr 20, 17:28
In many cases, a single satellite is sufficient to provide coverage for multiple stations, will this mod attempt to drop a single satellite to provide coverage to multiple stations?
Yes, although advanced sats seem to overlap a bit more than regular ones.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”