[REQUEST] Construction.xml

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

aquarius79
x4

[REQUEST] Construction.xml

Post by aquarius79 » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 15:10

would be great if we could have an construction.xml file with prefab stations.

- Race/ defence station
- race/ small economic hub
-race/ big economic hub

so depending on the sector we build in we can drop some argon economic stations in argon sector and paranid economic in paranid sectors.
the rhing is we need the parts unlocked before the build can actually be build. therefore we need to keep it simple.
if anyone feel like sharing his creations.

aftokinito
x4

Re: [REQUEST] Construction.xml

Post by aftokinito » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 02:20

Or you can just save construction plans.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 02:49

I'm not sure if it works but you can likely take the construction.xml (or whatever has the station plans forget) in the cat files libraries folder and use that. Paste it into your personal construction.xml in your documents save location where it saves your personally saved plans. NPC stations are essentially the same thing as the player saved plans from what I saw. I personally have saved plans already so I would have to mind the index and order of what I add to the file. I was actually thinking of trying that out the other day which is why I briefly took a look through the cat files. My plan or idea was to see if I could build a shipyard via this method myself. Copy the Argon or Paranid yard and see if it would "just work".

It was said above me but most NPC stations are relatively simple constructions. A storage module a hab plus a production module with docking. Really really simple designs typically. They would take a minute to recreate yourself without weird file edits. FWIW the trade hubs and maybe something more unique like the shipyards would be worth copying. The defense stations are relatively weak and don't have platforms ala XR that cover blindspots etc. I would primarily use the shield/defense modules in building them when able. You just need an admin a small storage and a small hab w/ s/m dock (piers aren't necessary). The rest can be used for firepower and is extra fluff. You can generally make smaller gun platforms like crosses or just the singles at every corner and axis detached from the station. Assign a small trader if you want but isn't necessary as it consumes little to no resources.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 12:59

there are only a couple of layouts in that libraries/constructions for factions, IMO only one for factories, GOD simply add one or more productions finally

I think it is more practicle to setup a baselayout (or different with defined spaces/placeholders) and add then always what you want, maybe someone will provide this as a seperate mod with different layouts

player1
x3tc

Post by player1 » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 16:48

Is it possible to write a Mod to export/import Station Construction Plans from other Players?

Current we have to open Construction.XML, search for the Stations, copie the Code and post it.
People who want the Station must do the same and insert it correctly to the Construction.XML.

Can we add a option "Copie Station String to Clipboard / Add Station String from Clipboard" or will this only works with a extern Programm?

JonathanVQP
x4

Post by JonathanVQP » Mon, 18. Mar 19, 14:02

I too would like to have this feature or a better way to do this!

anonymouz

Post by anonymouz » Sun, 2. Jun 19, 11:17

and still nothing new :/

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”