[Mod] [GameStart] Adv Argon Start w/PHQ

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BoostHungry

[Mod] [GameStart] Adv Argon Start w/PHQ

Post by BoostHungry » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 04:53

Argon Citizen is an Advanced Game Start with the Argon. You are a citizen of the Argon Federation who has already proven yourself and have been granted access to a newly discovered station in Argon Prime (PHQ).

You start with advanced relations with Argon and Antigone and full knowledge of their space. You are granted some satellite coverage, specially in Argon space. But you also start with negative relations to the enemies of the Argon (Holy Order).

You start with your PHQ which has been moved to Argon Prime. The PHQ Plot line is progressed to the point where your PHQ is complete and you can complete the mission to unlock research.

You have already accumulated a small fleet consisting of a fast Battle Scout (your primary ship) and two Argon Heavy Fighters. You also have a mining fleet consisting of four Argon Medium Drill Miners.

To get your PHQ up and running, the Argon Federation has gifted you some basic Blueprints. Enough to get some raw resource processing under way.

Oh, and your generated wealth of 3.5 million credits is a great way to ensure your contributions to the Argon Federation can be seen quickly.

Details:
  • Start in Argon Space
  • Start with PHQ (in Argon Space)
  • PHQ Story Line skips to after you own the PHQ
  • Starting fleet (2x Small Heavy Fighters, 4x Medium Drill Miners)
  • 3.5 Million Credits
  • Argon and Antigone friendly relations
  • Hostile relations with enemies of Argon (Holy Order)
  • Initial knowledge of Argon and Antigone space
  • Satellite coverage of Argon Stations and some critical Gates
Important Mod Notes (READ ME):
  • Game start has been tested and game play is assumed working, but I haven't played long term with it myself
  • PHQ changes are not tied to the Game Start and will be applied to ALL Game Starts
  • Initial map coverage will be initialized on game start and will take a bit to display correctly on your map (less than 60 seconds)
  • After 60 seconds some initial Adv Satellites will be deleted and you will be left with Basic Satellite coverage of Argon Stations and Adv Satellite coverage of a couple key Jump Gates
  • The PHQ will spawn in after 70 seconds
  • You start the game sitting on the lap of the pilot of your Scout Ship, to respect your pilot's personal space, you should stand up and ask your pilot to go to his or her quarters
Image 1 - Game Start Preview
Show
Image 1 - PHQ Location
Show
Image 1 - Starting Map
Show
Nexus Mods link: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/110/
Feel free to do whatever you want with this mod and modify and re-share however you like.
Last edited by BoostHungry on Sun, 16. Dec 18, 08:07, edited 2 times in total.

Raven78
x4

Re: [Mod] [GameStart] Adv Argon Start w/PHQ

Post by Raven78 » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 09:37

Awesome Gamestart, just what i needed after my game kept stalling between all those Patches and i lost so many Hours and Credits in a dead Universe.
However, i dont get the Research to work.
I have no Research Option, and i figured i land on the HQ and speak to the Boron Scientist.
His Room isnt here when you land and go to the Lift.
Anyway to get it working?

BoostHungry

Post by BoostHungry » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 22:01

Thanks, I'll test that more tonight hopefully, but I might not get to it until tomorrow. Hopefully it's some obvious cue I missed in the plot.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 22:17

Worked fine for me, after building a dock I could use the turbolift to go to the Science Lab and speak to Boso Ta, which needed to happen to unlock the research menu.

However, I have found that the first station you scan a comms point on still triggers the start of the mission chain... Any chance we could get that removed?
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

Raven78
x4

Post by Raven78 » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 01:18

Strange, ill start a new Game and try again to get research working, ill report back.

BoostHungry

Post by BoostHungry » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 04:23

Yeah I just ran through it (with mostly SETA mode) and it worked okay for me.

The problem is the mission briefing says to "Research: Any technology", but in reality you need to meet the Boron face to face before you can begin research.

It seems to work fine, but it's a bit confusing.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 04:25

Any idea on how to prevent scanning a comm signal causing the mission chain to start? I try not to scan those anyway, but sometimes happens by accident when they overlap a data leak. And it's painful having to sit through that conversation without being able to just skip it (really devs? always need a skip dialogue button! :P )
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

Raven78
x4

Post by Raven78 » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 04:30

I got research to work.
It seems i placed my Dock wrong, one some thin outter Ring of the Station.
Now i placed my Dock at the main bigger Part of it and i got to Boso´s Room np and started Research.

One thing i find a bit abit wierd in my game, not sure if its your mod or not, or if it was your intention to leave it out is that i dont have Habitation Modules.
And the smallest Costs 10 kk :(

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 04:34

Raven78 wrote:
Thu, 13. Dec 18, 04:30
I got research to work.
Now i placed my Dock at the main bigger Part of it and i got to Boso´s Room np and started Research.

One thing i find a bit abit wierd in my game, not sure if its your mod or not, or if it was your intention to leave it out is that i dont have Habitation Modules.
Nope, you don't normally with habitats unlocked (except probably in the trader start where you get a station to begin with), normally it's just ecell production, container storage, dock, pier, and some connectors
[ external image ]
***modified***

BoostHungry

Post by BoostHungry » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 04:50

argon_emperor wrote:
Thu, 13. Dec 18, 04:34
Raven78 wrote:
Thu, 13. Dec 18, 04:30
I got research to work.

Nope, you don't normally with habitats unlocked (except probably in the trader start where you get a station to begin with), normally it's just ecell production, container storage, dock, pier, and some connectors
Yeah, the habitat BPs are expensive and require special license and are not required to get production started so I opted not to give them to the player. Just enough BPs to get a basic processing running.

BoostHungry

Post by BoostHungry » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 05:39

argon_emperor wrote:
Thu, 13. Dec 18, 04:25
Any idea on how to prevent scanning a comm signal causing the mission chain to start? I try not to scan those anyway, but sometimes happens by accident when they overlap a data leak. And it's painful having to sit through that conversation without being able to just skip it (really devs? always need a skip dialogue button! :P )
I was very curious if this would still happen! Uploading a new version that will prevent this, but it will probably only prevent this for new game starts, I'm not sure if you'll keep getting these on current games.

I also updated the wording of that initial mission to better explain that you still need to build a dock for your PHQ and meet the Boron before Research is unlocked.

g_BonE
x4

Post by g_BonE » Fri, 1. Mar 19, 18:18

hmm. i wonder if this still works with 2.0 / 2.1. Will give it a spin and report here later!

Edit: Yep, seems to work fine. Going to mention that in the "known working mods" thread.
(x|x) .oO[ Fenster fährt mich Nüsse !!! ]

Sgt Hawker
x4

Can someone fix this mod

Post by Sgt Hawker » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 06:20

Hey everyone can someone fix this mod?
The mod is the Argon adv. start. Author has given permission on the description page to do what you like.
So if anyone can fix it to work with the current version of the game awesome. Last known time it worked was 1.5

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... posts&BH=1

Thank you Very Very Much.

Hawker
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Fri, 19. Apr 19, 10:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing mod thread

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Re: Can someone fix this mod

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 07:16

?
Works fine in 2.20
I guess you mean 2.50 you want it fixed for can't help there I am not moving to 2.5 until it's out of beta.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

taintedxodus
x4

Re: Can someone fix this mod

Post by taintedxodus » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 08:48

https://www.dropbox.com/s/buotn2hulfu2v ... t.zip?dl=0 It works with 2.21, unless things change drastically it also should work for 2.5 once its not a beta.

Endeavour79
x4

Post by Endeavour79 » Fri, 26. Apr 19, 01:50

Fyi, 2.50 B2 seems to have an issue with the PHQ in your mod ad well as community start and aspiring freelancer.

The PHQ is not responding to right click (Doesn't open the order menu) when trying to give player ship a dock or trade order with PHQ.
Dock has been built of course.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Fri, 26. Apr 19, 12:11

It would be a issue with DeadAirGates World War start aswell which is what my Aspiring freelancer start had been derrived from and I think most starts have been derrived from this one in some way or another.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 26. Apr 19, 19:34

Oh I've never actually used the phq at all. I'm guessing there is a portion that sets up the new inventory stash function that gets skipped in 2.5b.

taintedxodus
x4

Post by taintedxodus » Sat, 27. Apr 19, 04:56

Just means that some of the xml code for the phq changed, and those lua changes for the stash. I did say that that the one I posted here would work as long as they didn't make drastic changes(they did).

Endeavour79
x4

Post by Endeavour79 » Sat, 27. Apr 19, 05:04

Endeavour79 wrote:
Fri, 26. Apr 19, 01:50
Fyi, 2.50 B2 seems to have an issue with the PHQ in your mod ad well as community start and aspiring freelancer.

The PHQ is not responding to right click (Doesn't open the order menu) when trying to give player ship a dock or trade order with PHQ.
Dock has been built of course.
Update: I tracked the issue down. The root cause is incompatibility of G_Work_Around mod with 2.50 B2/3. This blocks the PHQ responding to right mouse clicks.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”