X3 Universe Remake & Planetary Flight Demo

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Axeface
x4

Re: X3 Universe Remake & Planetary Flight Demo

Post by Axeface » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 05:00

OP do you think you could make a tutorial on how to make a sector and its backdrops, if you ever have the time of course? This is all looking very cool.

celludriel
x4

Post by celludriel » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 08:37

https://github.com/enenra/x4modding/wik ... e-Creation

There are still some holes in it , but it should get you on the right track. Backdrops is a tad harder to do, don't think there is a tutorial about it yet

wesley32
x4

Post by wesley32 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 18:28

Some more impressions on the Cloudbase North West sector: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjoNK4yH9OU

First time I played X3:R I actually thought the cloudbase sectors were gonna be in-atmosphere.. bummer to find out it wasn't :(

@axeface: Sure, I'll try to write up a tutorial some time!

Riccardoman
x4

Post by Riccardoman » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 20:52

It's impressive to see how well the engine can handle the lighting in atmosphere :o

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 20:59

Big Radiant Haven vibes from that video, there.

wesley32
x4

Post by wesley32 » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 14:17

Hey Guys,

I've completed the galaxy layout, connected the jump gates and added stations and factories. Each sector has a backdrop that resembles its X3 counterpart. Planets have also been placed in roughly the same locations, each sector should feel familiar to X3 fans. Stations/factory amounts have been increased to suit the bigger galaxy. Factories produce goods as they should, although I haven't tested the economy yet. This will require many hours of testing and tweaking.
Xenon invade neighbouring sectors, paranid and holyorder dislike each other as they should and kha'ak ships roam certain sectors.

Just started adding ore/ice/gas regions to the galaxy, here's a little demo of the Ore Belt sector and the state of the new galaxy. Tips and comments welcome as always!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d8hpks ... e=youtu.be

celludriel
x4

Post by celludriel » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 14:29

Don't forget a few things

- In order for the argon vs xenon war to happen you need at least one argon sector bordering xenon. Same for all the other wars
- You will need to set all the factionhq's for all the races by updating FactionLogic.xml
- In order for antigone trade guild missions to kickoff you will need an equipment dock for antigon in the factionHQ system of antigone
- In order for singals to work you need to add 28 datavaults to the galaxy in PlacedObjects.xml
- Drain_Stations.xml references hardcoded the vanilla galaxy you'll need to update that one with your own
- X4Ep1_Mentor_Subscription.xml does not work with a custom galaxy so best to disable it
- You will have errors in the logs each time you switch cluster because there are no voice overs, you can either get all the voiceovers and fix it like that or you could switch the implementation from voice over to a line of text in Notifications.xml

I haven't tested everything yet in mine, especially not for each race, but these are things I came across when I made the X3 galaxy

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 15:17

I love the friendly banta between both of you and the help you are providing each other. Now if a few more people got involved in this and your project celludriel, and wrote some MD missions to add a little more X3 flavour, I could die happy.

Edit: Punctuation

cdeeks
x3tc

Post by cdeeks » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 18:41

Can't wait for the mod to release.

Barricade Prime
x4

Post by Barricade Prime » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 20:42

awesome map dude :D (Y)

Spiralrazor

Post by Spiralrazor » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 00:05

mucho work here:))) Good luck with the project!

wesley32
x4

Post by wesley32 » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 20:19

Hi guys,

I'm working on adding zone highways to my x3 galaxy. I kinda like them in X: Rebirth and X4, but they make the galaxy seems very small because you can travel to any factions' core sectors in mere minutes because they're all linked.

My plan is to create highway routes within core sectors of each
factions' space separately. For example: I'm currently creating a highway system within northwest argon space core sectors: Argon Prime, Home of Light, Ringo Moon, Red Light, The Wall and Herron's Nebula. You'll be able to use highways to quickly get around these core sectors. Other sectors won't contain any highways, here you'll rely on your travel drive and patience like in X3 :).

This way I'm using highways the right way, convenience in busy core sectors without making the rest of the universe feel small. Travelling across the map will still take a long time.

Tips and comments are welcome as always.

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qf1GF0S-jI

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 20:43

Watching it with a grin, then the music cut in.... almost brought a tear to my eye ... as Barricade Prime said..."AWESOME MAP" .... :D

Damocles_

Post by Damocles_ » Sat, 29. Dec 18, 02:20

The planetary atmosphere is really adding some needed visual topography to the game.

Can some of the asteroids also be scaled up a lot in size? Such that there are some of them having like a 50km diameter?
That would make the space have more reference points to feel less empty. (but might break the collision detection...)

djmidex
x4

Post by djmidex » Sat, 29. Dec 18, 03:26

This is gonna be huge. Great job!

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sat, 29. Dec 18, 19:00

The lighting definitely makes it far more atmospheric,, actually believe you are in a cold harsh space environment… X Rebirth and X4 are far too excessively lit, does not really feel your in space...… Then of course there is the music ..

ALien8ed
x4

Post by ALien8ed » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 03:40

Loved the look of your X3 - Oblivion videos a few years back and what a pleasant surprise it is to see you doing this for X4.

Really looking forward to this and what i have seen so far has me super excited. Can't wait to see more... :D

wesley32
x4

Post by wesley32 » Thu, 3. Jan 19, 16:26

Still working hard on the mod, will probably be a month or 2 before a release, I don't want to release unfinished work :)

Here's some more eye-candy in the meantime: an Omicron Lyrae remake from X:Rebirth to X4

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbW2ybCL2UM

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Thu, 3. Jan 19, 18:50

Can hardly wait to try it out... looks great... Settled down to watch Omicron remake and before I knew it was over... Always flicking through your series of youtubes... Giant :thumb_up: :thumb_up:
The start of the Ore Belt Test vid .... "We've detected contraband" ... :)

wesley32
x4

Post by wesley32 » Thu, 3. Jan 19, 19:00

Well, maybe one teaser more then! Check out the brand new Radiant Heaven sector I made. You know, that planetary sector from X Rebirth.. only better :mrgreen:. I present to you: Radiant Heaven 2.0! 8)

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayqQ_hdbMEw
VIDEO 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I1PRam6Jrg
Last edited by wesley32 on Thu, 3. Jan 19, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”