[MOD]Stations Supply Build Storage

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Tyrant597
x4

[MOD]Stations Supply Build Storage

Post by Tyrant597 » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 07:59

Tired of having to manually move wares from your station to your build storage for station construction? Why not automate it?! This mod will order traders who are assigned to the station to transfer wares (which that station produces) to the build storage of any of your stations within their range.
In order for this to work, you will have to do a few specific things.
1. Go to the logical overview for your station, and for the ware you wish to move, select "restrict trade with other factions" and then set the sell price to minimum just for now.
2. Then go to your "Plan Build" view, and add whatever buildings you wish. Before you confirm changes, go to the ware(s) you are producing, and check the box next to them, and then raise their buy price to max. Go down to the available money for construction, and make sure there is plenty of funds to cover the purchase. You can always recover any leftover later. Then UNTICK the box(es) so that NPC's don't try to bring you those wares which your station already produces. Finally, confirm changes.

Depending on the size of your factory, it will take some time before the build storage will actually place buy orders for what it needs. You can tell when that happens, by right clicking on your factory, and going to 'Trade Offers: Build Storage'. If there are no orders, then there is nothing for traders to deliver yet. This mod should work fine with build orders you have already placed, but you will still need to change all of these settings, at least temporarily.

Don't forget to go back after your build storage is full, and reset those settings to your preference.

This mod changes a considerable chunk of the station trader code, so any update from Egosoft changing the same file will probably break something. It won't ruin your savegame. Just be aware, and check back for updates frequently, or disable it if things start acting weird. Also I don't have a huge empire to test it with, just a couple stations with ecells, so let me know if you have any problems or feedback.

Note: I have seen a station move wares to build storage if it is in the same sector, without this mod, but it isn't reliable, and only has worked about a couple times out of twenty, so I think that feature is still buggy, but you might see it happen if you wait around long enough. It won't use your ships, it uses either masstraffic or cargo drones, not sure which.

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/143
You don't talks about X:Rebirth...
X4 Mods: Collect Inventory Wares Stations Supply Build Storage Mass Move Marines

ShiteLord Sal
x4

Re: [MOD]Stations Supply Build Storage

Post by ShiteLord Sal » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 21:29

Cool mod. But before seeing this, I was tinkering with that earlier and noticed my traders delivering hull parts to the station i just added funds to build for. I did exactly as you listed, ticked the "restrict NPC trades" for the hull parts i can produce and checked back about 10 minutes later, they were delivering.

Tyrant597
x4

Post by Tyrant597 » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 22:28

So your trade ships were moving the wares? If so, which patch were you on? Just curious. I imagine it was blind luck lol, but maybe not. I haven't had time to try out 1.5B2
X4 Mods: Collect Inventory Wares Stations Supply Build Storage Mass Move Marines

ShiteLord Sal
x4

Post by ShiteLord Sal » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 05:09

1.5b2..confirmed it again..although they arent very consistant at it , they do transfer to build storage

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 22:31

Suggestion, make this a autotrader like tatertrader. So you can set a freighter to do only this job and if nothing is there for him to do make him dock and wait.

Tyrant597
x4

Post by Tyrant597 » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 23:37

siath70 wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 22:31
Suggestion, make this a autotrader like tatertrader. So you can set a freighter to do only this job and if nothing is there for him to do make him dock and wait.
TheDeliveryMan wrote a mod to do just that! viewtopic.php?f=181&t=407408

h1ght
x4

Post by h1ght » Sat, 24. Aug 19, 00:09

can u release this mod to steam workshop? i dont like nexusmods. and workshop is easy for lazy guys :-)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”