[WIP][Mod]TaterTrader v4- An Autotrade Alternative

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TDuke
x4

Re: [WIP][Mod]TaterTrader v4- An Autotrade Alternative

Post by TDuke » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 23:37

TeiwazVIE wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 23:23
TDuke wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 23:10
If turned on that checks th eamount of gates/jumps the trader would have to do. Can't tell you if it increases the search time as i dont turn it on.
And the trader does what exactly with that info? Does it favor lesser profit for f.e. 20% less jumps?
Thx for the info anyways ;-)
No clue, as said i don't run it on it might affect the logbook, as far as i can think of. If maximed profit isn't the goal turn freetrade on. Will take alot less time to find orders. But in extent your profit won't be the highest. I suggest SETA.. And watch the universe become yours. You're welcome hopefully i didn't mistake anything for wrong otherwise, people are free to correct me. :)
Help costs nothing. Neither does kindness. Spread it.
Death to Xenon and Paranids! :?

~Beginner Modder~

ludsoe
x4

Post by ludsoe » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 03:13

XTC0R 's Post
Show
XTC0R wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 20:59
I tested v4 of TT and wanted to setup a freighter to deliver smart-chips to a Teladi wharf and always consider my mega complex in Argon prime as possible buy option for smart-chips. So I set it up like this: (Sorry I play in german)

Spoiler
Show
But instead the freighter bought "Raumsprit" (Spacefuel). I noticed this two times in a row, now posting here :)
Spoiler
Show
The wharf I choosed as home sector / station is completly empty of smart-chips.
Spoiler
Show
Is something wrong how I did set it up?
That's.... Actually really odd. Are Station Trader/Station Smuggler enabled?
If you have Station Trader enabled it should of ignored illegal wares, unless you have license to sell them.

If station trader and station smuggler are disabled, and its still acting like this. Then there's a major issue somewhere.
TDuke 's Post
Show
TDuke wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 23:37
TeiwazVIE wrote:
TDuke wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 23:10
If turned on that checks th eamount of gates/jumps the trader would have to do. Can't tell you if it increases the search time as i dont turn it on.
And the trader does what exactly with that info? Does it favor lesser profit for f.e. 20% less jumps?
No clue, as said i don't run it on it might affect the logbook, as far as i can think of. If maximed profit isn't the goal turn freetrade on. Will take alot less time to find orders. But in extent your profit won't be the highest. I suggest SETA.. And watch the universe become yours. You're welcome hopefully i didn't mistake anything for wrong otherwise, people are free to correct me. :)
I'm sure you mean, 'FastTrade' as that's the one that trims the calculation times down. The names pretty similar so that's an easy mistake.

Also 'Check Distance' takes the distance between the trader, and the two stations its trading with. Then basically subtracts 2% from the deals rating for each jump it has to do.
And No, enabling it doesn't affect calculation time. Hope that clears up any questions.

On a side note, I may expose the penalty per jump as a configurable slider to allow people to control how aggressively they want to trim based on distance.

TDuke
x4

Post by TDuke » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 03:28

ludsoe wrote:
Thu, 10. Jan 19, 03:13
XTC0R 's Post
Show
XTC0R wrote:
I tested v4 of TT and wanted to setup a freighter to deliver smart-chips to a Teladi wharf and always consider my mega complex in Argon prime as possible buy option for smart-chips. So I set it up like this: (Sorry I play in german)

Spoiler
Show
But instead the freighter bought "Raumsprit" (Spacefuel). I noticed this two times in a row, now posting here :)
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
If you have Station Trader enabled it should of ignored illegal wares, unless you have license to sell them.

If station trader and station smuggler are disabled, and its still acting like this. Then there's a major issue somewhere.
TDuke 's Post
Show
TDuke wrote:
TeiwazVIE wrote:

I'm sure you mean, 'FastTrade' as that's the one that trims the calculation times down. The names pretty similar so that's an easy mistake.

Also 'Check Distance' takes the distance between the trader, and the two stations its trading with. Then basically subtracts 2% from the deals rating for each jump it has to do.
And No, enabling it doesn't affect calculation time. Hope that clears up any questions.

On a side note, I may expose the penalty per jump as a configurable slider to allow people to control how aggressively they want to trim based on distance.

Crystal clear, wasn't at my pc at the time so indeed got freetrade and fasttrade mixed up. Loving what you did to the beta V4. So much to costumize and an easy copy paste for other ships.
I do have one question if i enable trade ban and select for example Argon. I don't trade with Argon or does activating player trade ban something else entirely. Or is it needed for the script to recognize that i marked Argon Federation .

Anyhow much appreciated for the answers. On one sidenote i haven't ran into laggy situations yet with around 19 ships on 15 speed to calculate. Have been running one playthrough for 1day and 21 hours with this on now. One side thing i found is when assigning Large trade ships to a station they do exactly as told trade and make it their home station. But they won't show up as subordinates. They stay in the unassigned ships section. Small detail which may be due to my perticular station lacking a 3point dock.

Running medium graphics. GTX 1060 16GB ram and a 8700K at 4.5ghz. And i can't tell any difference in performance. As to removing the mod. Amazing mod. Keep up the good work and an amazing thanks to you.
Help costs nothing. Neither does kindness. Spread it.
Death to Xenon and Paranids! :?

~Beginner Modder~

XTC0R
x4

Post by XTC0R » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 08:30

ludsoe wrote:
XTC0R 's Post
Show
XTC0R wrote:

Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show

It's excatly setup like in my screenshot. So station trader and station smuggler is disabled and only smart-chips added to tradeable wares. I can provide the savegame if needed.

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 08:37

I think the mod is buggy, when I set up the trader to trade specific wares and I add them, the trader resets all wares to all and starts buying and selling random wares.

Chosing wares does not matter as it resets to all wares.

XTC0R
x4

Post by XTC0R » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 09:01

XTC0R wrote:
Thu, 10. Jan 19, 08:30
ludsoe wrote:
XTC0R 's Post
Show
XTC0R wrote:

Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show

It's excatly setup like in my screenshot. So station trader and station smuggler is disabled and only smart-chips added to tradeable wares. I can provide the savegame if needed.
I just wanted to add that I have a 2nd freighter set up excatly the same just with another station wharf as home and this one is just idling around the same time my other tatertrader did two trips with spacefuel instead of smart-chips.

ludsoe
x4

Post by ludsoe » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 10:56

ApoxNM 's Post
Show
ApoxNM wrote:
Thu, 10. Jan 19, 08:37
I think the mod is buggy, when I set up the trader to trade specific wares and I add them, the trader resets all wares to all and starts buying and selling random wares.

Chosing wares does not matter as it resets to all wares.
Did you turn off copy presets? It defaults to enabled, with all wares selected.
XTC0R 's Post
Show
XTC0R wrote:
Thu, 10. Jan 19, 09:01
I just wanted to add that I have a 2nd freighter set up excatly the same just with another station wharf as home and this one is just idling around the same time my other tatertrader did two trips with spacefuel instead of smart-chips.
Are you using the release version of v4? If your settings were indeed exactly as the picture shows then station trader shouldn't even be running. Honestly I have no clue whats going wrong here.
If you want to send me a save, I can try loading it and seeing what the scripts actually doing.

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 11:23

ludsoe wrote:
Thu, 10. Jan 19, 10:56

Did you turn off copy presets? It defaults to enabled, with all wares selected.
Oh, I did not, thanks for the advice!

XTC0R
x4

Post by XTC0R » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 11:28

Are you using the release version of v4? If your settings were indeed exactly as the picture shows then station trader shouldn't even be running. Honestly I have no clue whats going wrong here.
If you want to send me a save, I can try loading it and seeing what the scripts actually doing.

I can provide a savegame when I'm back at home in about 6h. I downloaded v4 yesterday from nexusmods.
But why should the Tatertrader not trade smart-chips with my settings?

ludsoe
x4

Post by ludsoe » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 11:40

XTC0R wrote:
Thu, 10. Jan 19, 11:28

I can provide a savegame when I'm back at home in about 6h. I downloaded v4 yesterday from nexusmods.
Well it should be trading only smart-chips, but for some reason it's picking up other wares. And the only part that would even look into picking up other wares is station trader mode.
So either station trader mode is somehow enabled, or something else is wrong.

TeiwazVIE
x4

Post by TeiwazVIE » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 11:43

ludsoe wrote:
XTC0R 's Post
Show
XTC0R wrote:

Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show

TDuke 's Post
Show
TDuke wrote:
TeiwazVIE wrote:

Thanks for the clarification on "Check Distance". Think I'm gonna use that one now.

XTC0R
x4

Post by XTC0R » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 11:43

ludsoe wrote:
Thu, 10. Jan 19, 11:40
XTC0R wrote:
Thu, 10. Jan 19, 11:28

Well it should be trading only smart-chips, but for some reason it's picking up other wares. And the only part that would even look into picking up other wares is station trader mode.
So either station trader mode is somehow enabled, or something else is wrong.
It's not trading with the wharf I set as home station (but did NOT activate station trade). So I if station trade would somehow be active it should trade with the home station not with random stations I guess.

clzcoolzpro

Post by clzcoolzpro » Sat, 12. Jan 19, 12:37

Any tricks to do build storage trade for my own station only?

Basically i need hull parts. Even when using station trade, it still kept on selling to the Argon wharf that is in the same sector as me. The "buy" price at plan build is 100% but it still insists on selling it to the Argon wharf.

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Sat, 12. Jan 19, 13:45

QUESTION: If i assign several S-traders under a larger ship, dockable. Will the larger ship filter down its order to its new minions?

I'm hoping to assign one large ship to trade for a NPC shipyard and give it lots of minions in hopes of not having to click the orders manually and keep my property-menu clean of all the small ships...

EDIT: Looks like i can only assign them as def... :(
Is there a way to "mass order" small ships, or copy orders from one ship, to multiple others?

ludsoe
x4

Post by ludsoe » Sat, 12. Jan 19, 16:52

clzcoolzpro wrote:
Sat, 12. Jan 19, 12:37
Any tricks to do build storage trade for my own station only?

Basically i need hull parts. Even when using station trade, it still kept on selling to the Argon wharf that is in the same sector as me. The "buy" price at plan build is 100% but it still insists on selling it to the Argon wharf.
Try setting the buy modifier to 200%, should help the trader prioritize your stations.
swatti wrote:
Sat, 12. Jan 19, 13:45
QUESTION: If i assign several S-traders under a larger ship, dockable. Will the larger ship filter down its order to its new minions?

I'm hoping to assign one large ship to trade for a NPC shipyard and give it lots of minions in hopes of not having to click the orders manually and keep my property-menu clean of all the small ships...

EDIT: Looks like i can only assign them as def... :(
Is there a way to "mass order" small ships, or copy orders from one ship, to multiple others?
That mining/trading fleet mod may be helpful, for what you want.

Warped
x4

Post by Warped » Sun, 13. Jan 19, 04:07

This mod is looking great!

X games always require a trader mod for some reason.

I haven't read the whole thread but is there any chance in the future of restricting factions seperately for buy and sell so you can still buy from a faction but not sell to them for a particular set of wares?

Between3and20

Post by Between3and20 » Mon, 14. Jan 19, 02:40

Love the mod. Thank you for making it.

Baldamundo
x4

Post by Baldamundo » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 12:35

Didn't pay attention to this at first since I figured "who needs yet another autotrader script", but this is really fantastic. Level of detail, options, etc, quality of the interface and documentation - huge step up from the vanilla autotrader (and better than what I recall of the X3 trading scripts even).

Could I get some tips on the best way to set these up to focus on supplying NPC shipyards in a particular sector? I assume if it's a single shipyard it's relatively straightforward using the "station trader" option - but what about if you want to supply multiple shipyards in one sector? If I set "homebound", only trade ship-building wares, maximum buy distance, and zero sell distance, is that the best way to ensure that they'll only fly routes to supply the shipyards in their home sector? Does sell distance mean distance from current location or distance from home sector (and does it plan the sale at the same time as the purchase?), is homebound unnecessary if sell distance is set to zero?

ThalonMook
x4

Post by ThalonMook » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 21:20

Hi,

thx for this mod.
Now my stations will make credits and the storrage will not be overfilled :D

I made a german translation for your mod.
Also you can now easy use other languages ;-)
English is included.

If you want I can give you a link to download the changed ai-script and the language files.

Cu Thalon

ludsoe
x4

Post by ludsoe » Thu, 17. Jan 19, 00:46

Baldamundo 's Post
Show
Baldamundo wrote:
Wed, 16. Jan 19, 12:35
Didn't pay attention to this at first since I figured "who needs yet another autotrader script", but this is really fantastic. Level of detail, options, etc, quality of the interface and documentation - huge step up from the vanilla autotrader (and better than what I recall of the X3 trading scripts even).

Could I get some tips on the best way to set these up to focus on supplying NPC shipyards in a particular sector? I assume if it's a single shipyard it's relatively straightforward using the "station trader" option - but what about if you want to supply multiple shipyards in one sector? If I set "homebound", only trade ship-building wares, maximum buy distance, and zero sell distance, is that the best way to ensure that they'll only fly routes to supply the shipyards in their home sector? Does sell distance mean distance from current location or distance from home sector (and does it plan the sale at the same time as the purchase?), is homebound unnecessary if sell distance is set to zero?
The sell and buy distances are indeed from the home sector, or the sector the home station is based in. Also you probably don't need to enable homebound as every trade should end inside the home sector.

ThalonMook 's Post
Show
ThalonMook wrote:
Wed, 16. Jan 19, 21:20
Hi,

thx for this mod.
Now my stations will make credits and the storrage will not be overfilled :D

I made a german translation for your mod.
Also you can now easy use other languages ;-)
English is included.

If you want I can give you a link to download the changed ai-script and the language files.

Cu Thalon
You converted the script to use language files? I'm impressed, they terrify me.
Id love a download for this edited version.
Warped 's Post
Show
Warped wrote:
Sun, 13. Jan 19, 04:07
This mod is looking great!

X games always require a trader mod for some reason.

I haven't read the whole thread but is there any chance in the future of restricting factions seperately for buy and sell so you can still buy from a faction but not sell to them for a particular set of wares?
Id love to add in a way to control buying and selling separately for factions, but that may involve bloating the order menu more or implementing new features in lua.
And editing the lua could lead to mod conflicts, which I'm trying to avoid.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”