[WIP][Mod]TaterTrader v4- An Autotrade Alternative

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Warped
x4

Re: [WIP][Mod]TaterTrader v4- An Autotrade Alternative

Post by Warped » Sun, 13. Jan 19, 04:07

This mod is looking great!

X games always require a trader mod for some reason.

I haven't read the whole thread but is there any chance in the future of restricting factions seperately for buy and sell so you can still buy from a faction but not sell to them for a particular set of wares?

Between3and20

Post by Between3and20 » Mon, 14. Jan 19, 02:40

Love the mod. Thank you for making it.

Baldamundo
x4

Post by Baldamundo » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 12:35

Didn't pay attention to this at first since I figured "who needs yet another autotrader script", but this is really fantastic. Level of detail, options, etc, quality of the interface and documentation - huge step up from the vanilla autotrader (and better than what I recall of the X3 trading scripts even).

Could I get some tips on the best way to set these up to focus on supplying NPC shipyards in a particular sector? I assume if it's a single shipyard it's relatively straightforward using the "station trader" option - but what about if you want to supply multiple shipyards in one sector? If I set "homebound", only trade ship-building wares, maximum buy distance, and zero sell distance, is that the best way to ensure that they'll only fly routes to supply the shipyards in their home sector? Does sell distance mean distance from current location or distance from home sector (and does it plan the sale at the same time as the purchase?), is homebound unnecessary if sell distance is set to zero?

ThalonMook
x4

Post by ThalonMook » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 21:20

Hi,

thx for this mod.
Now my stations will make credits and the storrage will not be overfilled :D

I made a german translation for your mod.
Also you can now easy use other languages ;-)
English is included.

If you want I can give you a link to download the changed ai-script and the language files.

Cu Thalon

ludsoe
x4

Post by ludsoe » Thu, 17. Jan 19, 00:46

Baldamundo 's Post
Show
Baldamundo wrote:
Wed, 16. Jan 19, 12:35
Didn't pay attention to this at first since I figured "who needs yet another autotrader script", but this is really fantastic. Level of detail, options, etc, quality of the interface and documentation - huge step up from the vanilla autotrader (and better than what I recall of the X3 trading scripts even).

Could I get some tips on the best way to set these up to focus on supplying NPC shipyards in a particular sector? I assume if it's a single shipyard it's relatively straightforward using the "station trader" option - but what about if you want to supply multiple shipyards in one sector? If I set "homebound", only trade ship-building wares, maximum buy distance, and zero sell distance, is that the best way to ensure that they'll only fly routes to supply the shipyards in their home sector? Does sell distance mean distance from current location or distance from home sector (and does it plan the sale at the same time as the purchase?), is homebound unnecessary if sell distance is set to zero?
The sell and buy distances are indeed from the home sector, or the sector the home station is based in. Also you probably don't need to enable homebound as every trade should end inside the home sector.

ThalonMook 's Post
Show
ThalonMook wrote:
Wed, 16. Jan 19, 21:20
Hi,

thx for this mod.
Now my stations will make credits and the storrage will not be overfilled :D

I made a german translation for your mod.
Also you can now easy use other languages ;-)
English is included.

If you want I can give you a link to download the changed ai-script and the language files.

Cu Thalon
You converted the script to use language files? I'm impressed, they terrify me.
Id love a download for this edited version.
Warped 's Post
Show
Warped wrote:
Sun, 13. Jan 19, 04:07
This mod is looking great!

X games always require a trader mod for some reason.

I haven't read the whole thread but is there any chance in the future of restricting factions seperately for buy and sell so you can still buy from a faction but not sell to them for a particular set of wares?
Id love to add in a way to control buying and selling separately for factions, but that may involve bloating the order menu more or implementing new features in lua.
And editing the lua could lead to mod conflicts, which I'm trying to avoid.

Fadamor
x4

Post by Fadamor » Wed, 23. Jan 19, 00:41

Apologies if it's something that's already available, but can we have a brief summary of what all the settings in TaterTrade do (and why you would want to use them) :?: I think I read that the settings match a previous X* game's trading, but X4 is the first of the series I'm playing. I was able to figure out most of them, but things like Freetrade and Buy/Sell Mod are a mystery to me.

LUBEggA

Post by LUBEggA » Wed, 23. Jan 19, 03:41

Fadamor wrote:
Wed, 23. Jan 19, 00:41
Apologies if it's something that's already available, but can we have a brief summary of what all the settings in TaterTrade do (and why you would want to use them) :?: I think I read that the settings match a previous X* game's trading, but X4 is the first of the series I'm playing. I was able to figure out most of them, but things like Freetrade and Buy/Sell Mod are a mystery to me.
See pictures at nexusmods, nice overview and explanation of the different settings
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/151

Fadamor
x4

Post by Fadamor » Wed, 23. Jan 19, 16:42

LUBEggA wrote:
Wed, 23. Jan 19, 03:41
See pictures at nexusmods, nice overview and explanation of the different settings
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/151
Awesome! That's what I was looking for! Domo arigatou gozaimasu!

Accuracy
x4

Post by Accuracy » Wed, 23. Jan 19, 19:06

There is a problem with the latest version of the tater trader.
It seriously lags the map. Gets the FPS down to 2.
Could you do something about fixing it?

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 23. Jan 19, 19:12

Accuracy wrote:
Wed, 23. Jan 19, 19:06
I don't think it's the mod, it's the way the developers designed the friggin map, I get normal FPS on loading a game up, an hour later though the FPS craps itself playing modded or vanilla it's the same issue.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Wed, 23. Jan 19, 23:12

Yea the map is a resource hog especially if you have large parts of it uncovered. I used to use the sat mods and send out a couple ships to deploy sats in each zone. Game performs much worse with the FoW removed.

Accuracy
x4

Post by Accuracy » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 01:35

Requiemfang wrote:
Wed, 23. Jan 19, 19:12
Accuracy wrote:
I don't think it's the mod, it's the way the developers designed the friggin map, I get normal FPS on loading a game up, an hour later though the FPS craps itself playing modded or vanilla it's the same issue.
When I say it is the mod, I mean it is the mod.
I deleted it just to be sure. The frame rates are normal. Put it back again, the map is unusable.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 01:50

Accuracy wrote:
Thu, 24. Jan 19, 01:35
Requiemfang wrote:
Accuracy wrote:
I deleted it just to be sure. The frame rates are normal. Put it back again, the map is unusable.
How many traders do you have using it? Have you checked the settings on them as well? Is this without the mod in use? The reason being that changing certain settings make it eat up more CPU etc.

Accuracy
x4

Post by Accuracy » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 02:20

Baconnaise wrote:
Thu, 24. Jan 19, 01:50
Accuracy wrote:
Requiemfang wrote:

How many traders do you have using it? Have you checked the settings on them as well? Is this without the mod in use? The reason being that changing certain settings make it eat up more CPU etc.
Around ten traders.
The settings were on default. Have not changed them ever since version 3.0
I would also like to point out that version 3.0 did not have these performance problems.

drhay53
x4

Post by drhay53 » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 04:50

Accuracy wrote:
Thu, 24. Jan 19, 02:20
Baconnaise wrote:
Thu, 24. Jan 19, 01:50
Accuracy wrote:

Around ten traders.
The settings were on default. Have not changed them ever since version 3.0
I would also like to point out that version 3.0 did not have these performance problems.
So I ran into this problem upgrading from 3 to 4. A lot of my existing traders bugged out and had a hundred trade orders show up. The map froze up for me because the lines for all of those orders were popping up.

I went through all of my traders and cleared all active orders. Then when it kept popping up I reset TaterTrader for all of them. It never came back.

LUBEggA

Post by LUBEggA » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 09:37

Have you checked the filter settings on the map view ? There is an option to show active orders which seriously impacts the map performance, you need to switch that off !
I have probably 20 TaterTraders and no issues at all with lag, also every sector has satellites on every station, so I don't think that is causing problems. But I remember that I had this filter once set to show all orders which brought the game to a crawl.

Fadamor
x4

Post by Fadamor » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 12:23

I'm not doing something right:

Code: Select all

I have the PHQ in Grand Exchange I
   I want my transports to prioritize keeping the PHQ Build Storage supplied
   I have the TraderHome set to the PHQ
   Homebound is checked
   Max Gates to buy and sell are set to 2
   Check Distance is checked
   Owned Station Buy and Sell Mods are set to default (100/200)
   Station Trader is checked
   Wares are set to the preset for StationBuilding Wares
   Scan speed is set to default
Despite Build Storage needing Wares to complete the current build, my transports are merrily running off and selling elsewhere.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 16:04

Fadamor wrote:
Thu, 24. Jan 19, 12:23
I'm not doing something right:

Code: Select all

I have the PHQ in Grand Exchange I
   I want my transports to prioritize keeping the PHQ Build Storage supplied
   I have the TraderHome set to the PHQ
   Homebound is checked
   Max Gates to buy and sell are set to 2
   Check Distance is checked
   Owned Station Buy and Sell Mods are set to default (100/200)
   Station Trader is checked
   Wares are set to the preset for StationBuilding Wares
   Scan speed is set to default
Despite Build Storage needing Wares to complete the current build, my transports are merrily running off and selling elsewhere.
What I generally do with tatertrader for station building supplies is first set max buy gates to 30. Sell is of course set at 0. Next setting is unchecked the legal wares and checking the station building box. Depending on the zone I enable trade bans. Generally, I trade ban Scaleplate and Hatikvah. If any of the stations in the zone require wares for station building say like a trade hub I'll ban that faction. Hewas Twin I has a Teladi trade post that buys claytronics and other wares. I'll ban Teladi if I'm building in that zone for example. Works fine for me usually. Grand Exchange is Teladi so you need to see if other stations in the zone buy station building wares. If that's the case enable trade bans and ban teladi as a whole. I assign around 5-10 M traders to a zone that I'm building in typically. I don't bother with homebound and traderhome. I wouldn't change from default unless I want the traders off my general property list. Your max buy is too low and your sell should be set to zero. No need for check distance imo.

Fadamor
x4

Post by Fadamor » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 17:10

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll give them a try.

After some more time, my ships ARE supplying the Build Storage, just not exclusively.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”