[WIP][Mod]TaterTrader v4- An Autotrade Alternative

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Zodiak1289
x4

Re: [WIP][Mod]TaterTrader v4- An Autotrade Alternative

Post by Zodiak1289 » Thu, 8. Aug 19, 11:02

@MysticalFists

Sadly the Mining/Trading Fleet Mod is a bit broken after few patches, it doesnt copy over all setting anymore.
But someone is making a new Mod for that called Civilian Fleet Mod.
I think he allready works on Tater Implementation but hit a little speedbump doing it.

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Fri, 9. Aug 19, 17:05

Zodiak1289 wrote:
Thu, 8. Aug 19, 11:02
@MysticalFists

Sadly the Mining/Trading Fleet Mod is a bit broken after few patches, it doesnt copy over all setting anymore.
But someone is making a new Mod for that called Civilian Fleet Mod.
I think he allready works on Tater Implementation but hit a little speedbump doing it.
All roadblocks cleared. TaterTrader v4 now supported by Civilian Fleets.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

o-papaya-o
x4

Post by o-papaya-o » Sun, 11. Aug 19, 16:48

for me it works perfectly
C’est en voyant un moustique se poser sur ses coui**** que l’on s’aperçoit qu’on ne peut pas régler tous les problèmes par la violence.

CptAWatts
x3tc

Post by CptAWatts » Mon, 23. Sep 19, 23:26

This mod seems to be broken in 2.6 beta 2 just FYI. Ship keeps spamming about the trade it is going to make and keeps trying to path to the station but it cancels the route over and over again.

sepedeus
x4

Post by sepedeus » Tue, 24. Sep 19, 18:07

CptAWatts wrote:
Mon, 23. Sep 19, 23:26
This mod seems to be broken in 2.6 beta 2 just FYI. Ship keeps spamming about the trade it is going to make and keeps trying to path to the station but it cancels the route over and over again.
Could be problem with homebound, some of my taterTraders are taking long routes, all these had homebound checked. All others working fine so far.

paskaa hetulaan.

realShakran
x4

Post by realShakran » Sat, 14. Dec 19, 10:59

Hi there!
Love this mod and started again playing since...i think it was march where i last touched it.
i have some more Mods installed this time, and also the Beta 3.0 Update.

The problem i have is that in the new sectors, someone build a nice station, or tried to build, and since my traders look for the ebst deal, this one is it. The problem i have is that they go there and get destroyed.

Atfirst i thought the exclusion lists that are newly added are a great feature, wanted to try that. The error here is that taterTrader ignores them until i completly block the sectors and fractions in all lists.
Now this gives the error that tater still tries to go there, but the order gets instantly Cancelled, basically ending up in a loop.

So yes, there are the Exclusion lists in TaterTrader itself, and that works fine no worrys there.
BUT!
Its tedious to add this sector to alot of ships.
I mean i found out how to edit the defaults so that Tater trader is basically just a fire and go weapon now, but i cant figure out how to add the new sectors by default.

Is there a way to do so at all in the xml script?

will there maybe be a "set defaults" option in the next update? i would really appreciate this QoL upgrade ;D

Krytonic
x4

Post by Krytonic » Tue, 4. Feb 20, 17:27

How do I get the traders to only "buy" wares from my own station? No matter what settings I use they still buy from NPC stations.

benc85
x4

Post by benc85 » Sat, 22. Feb 20, 16:21

Krytonic wrote:
Tue, 4. Feb 20, 17:27
How do I get the traders to only "buy" wares from my own station? No matter what settings I use they still buy from NPC stations.
The only way to do that it to adjust the buy mod from own stations (putting it at 0%). They wont ONLY get your stuff (because a free pickup of 20 items will never match a full load regular trade) but they'll fill up if your station produce fast enough.

qg46
x4

Post by qg46 » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 08:53

Best mod ever, thank you~

KroelleBoelle

Post by KroelleBoelle » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 13:20

so this mod is still needed with the latest version? and still working?

Tanvaras
x4

Post by Tanvaras » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 12:19

KroelleBoelle wrote:
Mon, 6. Apr 20, 13:20
so this mod is still needed with the latest version? and still working?
Working as intended for me (3.0 and Split DLC) :)
“We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents.”
“Talent is a pursued interest"
“Let's get crazy.”
“There's nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend.”

Bob Ross, 29 October 1942 - 4 July 1995

drhay53
x4

Post by drhay53 » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 14:07

Dead Air has a fork on github that fixes a few issues, go there for the details.

Net-burst
x4

Post by Net-burst » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 18:56

Yeah, but looks like it has issues with enumeration of available trade offers. Even placing satellites near stations didn't help. My traders were doing only in-sector trades and were sitting with question mark if I extend their area of operations. Only after I bought trade subscription, they began to freely trade inside subscribed region.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 20:14

Net-burst wrote:
Thu, 9. Apr 20, 18:56
Yeah, but looks like it has issues with enumeration of available trade offers. Even placing satellites near stations didn't help. My traders were doing only in-sector trades and were sitting with question mark if I extend their area of operations. Only after I bought trade subscription, they began to freely trade inside subscribed region.
I have not seen any issues with this. They run slower on finding trades in larger areas with more goods to preserve performance. You could always increase scan speed if you are willing to take the hit. I run sector satellites though so it could be a vanilla bug.

Net-burst
x4

Post by Net-burst » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 22:50

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 9. Apr 20, 20:14
Net-burst wrote:
I have not seen any issues with this. They run slower on finding trades in larger areas with more goods to preserve performance. You could always increase scan speed if you are willing to take the hit. I run sector satellites though so it could be a vanilla bug.
Same, I also use Sector Satellites, but that isn't helping. I also tried increasing speed. But yeah, it looks like vanilla bug. I just don't know how to debug stuff like that :(

drhay53
x4

Post by drhay53 » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 23:50

DeadAirRT wrote:
Net-burst wrote:
Can you try modifying the owned station buy/sell mod values? When I do that with your fork, the trader never moves, and my log is spammed with tens of thousands of the error:
[=ERROR=] 9408.01 Error in AI script tatertrade on entity 0x4b494: Warning: Loss of data while converting floating point number to a money value! 1268ct * 0.92f
* Expression: $Grofit lt $Amount * ($buycost - $sellcost) * $distancescale
* Action: <do_if>, line 1106

drhay53
x4

Post by drhay53 » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 00:39

drhay53 wrote:
Thu, 9. Apr 20, 23:50
DeadAirRT wrote:
Net-burst wrote:
Can you try modifying the owned station buy/sell mod values? When I do that with your fork, the trader never moves, and my log is spammed with tens of thousands of the error:
[=ERROR=] 9408.01 Error in AI script tatertrade on entity 0x4b494: Warning: Loss of data while converting floating point number to a money value! 1268ct * 0.92f
* Expression: $Grofit lt $Amount * ($buycost - $sellcost) * $distancescale
* Action: <do_if>, line 1106
Still trying to isolate what causes the error to show up. Maybe it's the "check distance" box, still looking.

drhay53
x4

Post by drhay53 » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 01:10

I've isolated it to the CheckDistance box. However by turning on script logging I will say that I couldn't find any scenarios where tater trader wasn't working at all. It was always calculating. But it seems really, really slow, way slower than I remember. I recommend using the FastTrade setting, limiting the number of jumps, and possibly even limiting the number of wares. The usual stuff to speed up trade calculations.

Unlike some other scripts I've noticed recently, TaterTrader is keeping it's control when the ship becomes a subordinate of a station. Some other scripts seem to be having control taken away and set to autotrade when they become a subordinate.

edit: With help from discord, it looks like explicit typecasting solved the issue. I opened a PR on github for the simple fix.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 18. Apr 20, 00:28

Hi,

Are Tater Traders supposed to obey Black Lists? My ships are insisting on flying through Xenon sectors to their death. They also trade in Xenon sectors where a Faction is attempting to build. I have both Travel and Activity Blacklists for Enemy sectors, yet these don't appear to be being obeyed. Should they, or do I need to manually add ALL enemy sectors manually per trader?

Cheers,

Scoob.

XTC0R
x4

Post by XTC0R » Sat, 18. Apr 20, 00:56

I had the same issue. DeadAir provided me an updated version in Discord. I played 3h with it and it didn't happen again for me. But I have just a small trading fleet.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”