[MOD] Shipyard Shortage Workaround

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shy'la Nesthorn

Re: [MOD] Shipyard Shortage Workaround

Post by Shy'la Nesthorn » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 04:21

Economy is still very broken, stations are at max storage with certain parts (again mostly engine parts) empty. I would like to request for the mod to be returned so I can actually play the game. Being stuck in the starter ship really sucks.

Edit:

barley 3 hours into a fresh save on the "fixed" 1.50 release

Every station still looks like this

Kamuchi_
x4

Post by Kamuchi_ » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 08:40

Shy'la Nesthorn wrote:
Fri, 21. Dec 18, 04:21
Economy is still very broken, stations are at max storage with certain parts (again mostly engine parts) empty. I would like to request for the mod to be returned so I can actually play the game. Being stuck in the starter ship really sucks.

Edit:

Weird, befor using the mod, pack up the save and add it to the full shipyard/wharf thread so the devs can see it and maybe fix a second bug that the fix didn't apply to every one.

XTC0R
x4

Post by XTC0R » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 09:36

Shy'la Nesthorn wrote:
Fri, 21. Dec 18, 04:21

Edit:

Can you hover with your mouse over the storage capacity to see the exact total storage? The just round it up. So 2M/2M could be 1950000/2000000.

Disposable_Hero
x4

Post by Disposable_Hero » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 09:38

Google Link is not working for me. Can you please check?

Thanks
DH

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 10:21

The economy has gotten a bit "better" for me in 1.5, although once you fix the issues with engine parts, then it's smart chips, once you fix smart chips, then it's scanning arrays and so on. Engine parts still are very delicate imo because ship production consumes way more than it should compared to how many engine parts the docks tend to store. I mean, a simple S fighter needs ~250 engine parts (which is about what an M trader can ship at full cargo), and yet a wharf only stores ~2/3000. It empties FAST. And since the traders AI is bonkers and only decides to trade them very rarely, this results in them still often being in shortage, no matter if the dock now actually could store them.

Legitimate Salvage
x4

Post by Legitimate Salvage » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 23:33

I highly recommend making a nexus account and posting the mod there. Mods should really all be in one location for easy access. I really don't want to revert back to the days of having to search Moddb, Gamebanana, and five other sites, just to see what's new in a game's modding scene.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 12:12

Legitimate Salvage wrote:
Fri, 21. Dec 18, 23:33
I highly recommend making a nexus account and posting the mod there. Mods should really all be in one location for easy access. I really don't want to revert back to the days of having to search Moddb, Gamebanana, and five other sites, just to see what's new in a game's modding scene.
Don't worry, I have an account, I just get lazy about synchronising readme/thread/Nexus description, and I can't think of a funny little photoshop to put as the main image. I'll do that some time over the Christmas break.

I could swear your post previously said it wasn't working for you; is it OK now?

Disposable_Hero
x4

Post by Disposable_Hero » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 12:31

MegaJohnny wrote:
Sat, 22. Dec 18, 12:12

I could swear your post previously said it wasn't working for you; is it OK now?
it was me, and yes it is working now.

thank you
DH

Shy'la Nesthorn

Post by Shy'la Nesthorn » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 00:36

Loaded the mod and within minutes the falcon that had been in queue for hours was built and ready. Thanks for this!

Legitimate Salvage
x4

Post by Legitimate Salvage » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 03:38

Lol, yeah. I thought it wasn't working and then I realized I didn't actually have it put in extensions yet. Works great!

FlynTie

Post by FlynTie » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 12:29

@MegaJohnny: I got a small question, there is a mod who tries to fix tradestations, this one here. Now i know that your mod changes shipyards but i wonder if that would cause any problems or imbalance if i run your mod and the tradestation fix?

Thanks in advanced and thanks a ton for your mod(s). :)

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 13:09

Thanks all for the kind words :)
FlynTie wrote:
Sun, 23. Dec 18, 12:29
@MegaJohnny: I got a small question, there is a mod who tries to fix tradestations, this one here. Now i know that your mod changes shipyards but i wonder if that would cause any problems or imbalance if i run your mod and the tradestation fix?

I haven't tried it personally (although I'll start using it in my game now that you've shared it!) but I'm looking at the code now, and I don't think there should be any issues.
Legitimate Salvage wrote:
Sun, 23. Dec 18, 03:38
Lol, yeah. I thought it wasn't working and then I realized I didn't actually have it put in extensions yet. Works great!
No worries, I'm always making a change to an MD script and wondering why it doesn't work, then realising I haven't reloaded the changes in-game :roll:

FlynTie

Post by FlynTie » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 13:24

MegaJohnny wrote:
Sun, 23. Dec 18, 13:09

I haven't tried it personally (although I'll start using it in my game now that you've shared it!) but I'm looking at the code now, and I don't think there should be any issues.
Splendid, thanks for the fast reply.

Merry X-Mas to you and everyone else here. :)

Kamuchi_
x4

Post by Kamuchi_ » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 14:43

FlynTie wrote:
Sun, 23. Dec 18, 12:29

Thanks, going to use this aswel :D

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Wed, 26. Dec 18, 03:33

Hope you've all had a great Christmas as I have. :)

I've just looked at a savegame someone submitted, and shipyards are indeed filling up with stuff in real save games. So I can't avoid making some kind of drain logic any longer. At the moment I'm considering just looking at wares which are overstocked, i.e. their amount in storage is greater than the manager's production target, and removing the difference. This seems to get full-storage shipyards producing again, which is promising.

I'm just confused by some of the stuff piling up in shipyards: spacefuel/spaceweed, random bio wares (not food), food for a species that isn't in the station's workforce, and some random tech stuff like plasma conductors. Does anyone know how these might find their way onto a shipyard?

StormLightning

Post by StormLightning » Wed, 26. Dec 18, 10:01

Hi. Thanks for your MOD.

I am using this one (with timer changed to 10 minutes to allow for some real-time delays on occasion), along with the Tradestation Economy Fix MOD (link posted above) and have been having no problems with them.

Both work together wonderfully well, and keep things moving along without serious issues.

Thanks and regards.

smillie
x4

Post by smillie » Wed, 27. Mar 19, 07:53

MegaJohnny: I installed your mod and it says it's running in the extensions menu but haven't seen anything changing in my shipyard stock levels yet. How long before I should see a change?
Like most people have found it's really frustrating with the current lack of resources so much appreciate the mod. Thnx for any info you can give on what time it should take for me to see a change

JonathanVQP
x4

Post by JonathanVQP » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 05:49

Just an observation that this mod no longer works with 2.50 even with the XML changes to the script. The author appears to no longer want to update this mod or has forgotten about it.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”