[MOD] Shipyard Shortage Workaround

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Kamuchi_
x4

Re: [MOD] Shipyard Shortage Workaround

Post by Kamuchi_ » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 12:57

MegaJohnny wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 12:05
It can't help if the storage modules are packed to the brim, but it should ignore the per-ware soft limit set by the manager. If Kamuchi has found this to be the case, then that's great.
Atleast I think so?
Will take a closer look at all the stations later but when enabling the mod HOP was building ships again, even my sentinel got finished while befor it's storage was full of junk.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 14:50

MegaJohnny wrote:
It can't help if the storage modules are packed to the brim, but it should ignore the per-ware soft limit set by the manager. If Kamuchi has found this to be the case, then that's great.
Maybe extend this a little further then? If per-ware storage is greater than 80% of its allowance, make the wares disappear until it's back down to 80%? That way They should always have some room for all wares, and then also helps provide more moving of goods from factories to docks?
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 15:23

Perhaps counteract its effects on the economy by make it so that it removes wares if the shipyard is full?

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 15:23

argon_emperor wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 14:50
Maybe extend this a little further then? If per-ware storage is greater than 80% of its allowance, make the wares disappear until it's back down to 80%? That way They should always have some room for all wares, and then also helps provide more moving of goods from factories to docks?
Good suggestion. This should be easy enough to do, so I'll check it out tonight.

Kamuchi_
x4

Post by Kamuchi_ » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 15:42

argon_emperor wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 14:50
MegaJohnny wrote:
That won't help because all traders will start hauling stuff and if the engine/hull factories aren't near the shipyard then the traders will start hauling the junk again befor getting to the actual parts that it's short on, in essense just making it worse.
What MegaJohnny did with injecting the missing parts into the yard to force finish construction is pretty much the best way to deal with this untill the devs figured out how to limit wares while keeping a balance.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 15:49

Kamuchi_ wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 15:42
That won't help because all traders will start hauling stuff and if the engine/hull factories aren't near the shipyard then the traders will start hauling the junk again befor getting to the actual parts that it's short on, in essense just making it worse.
What MegaJohnny did with injecting the missing parts into the yard to force finish construction is pretty much the best way to deal with this untill the devs figured out how to limit wares while keeping a balance.
Also a good point. Some users have reported shipyard allowances being too low to build anything, so on second thought the allowances can't really be trusted.

I'll still do it, but only make it happen if the storage is over 90%-ish capacity (the module capacity, not ware allowance). Otherwise I agree with Kamuchi, no need to free up more space for useless trade routes.

Kamuchi_
x4

Post by Kamuchi_ » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 15:53

MegaJohnny wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 15:49
Kamuchi_ wrote:
Also a good point. Some users have reported shipyard allowances being too low to build anything, so on second thought the allowances can't really be trusted.

I'll still do it, but only make it happen if the storage is over 90%-ish capacity (the module capacity, not ware allowance). Otherwise I agree with Kamuchi, no need to free up more space for useless trade routes.
Yeah that is a better idea, that way there will always be space to inject missing items incase it fails due to no room, perfect :D
Would just make soure to do this after the construction queue check so it won't be deleting stuff for an endless trade loop and only when doing the forced build :) <= what you said but I'm slow :gruebel:

Spacecop42
x4

Post by Spacecop42 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 18:07

[Beta 4]Fixed shipyards not stockpiling enough resources for ships with large amounts of deployables, and miscalculating resource allocation for other wares.

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 18:13

Kamuchi_ wrote:
Yep, I agree. As I mentioned earlier, I have finished building a self sufficient engine parts/smart chips complex. Nothing humongous like back in X3, but more than enough - in theory - to feed the starving shipyards, 6 engine parts fabs and 12 smart chips ones. I assigned a few autotraders to it, and guess what? Even though there are thousands of engine parts and smart chips to sell, and it's at max supplies for the workforce, if left to himself with the vanilla scripts the autotrader often prefers doing runs like "buy 1 (yes, ONE) medical supplies", instead of making millions selling the actual products. Sometimes they choose to, but it seems certain wares like the aforementioned ones are so low in priority they often get ignored by traders, both player and AI controlled ones. The only way I could make it work was with the mod that lets you select which wares a station assigned trader is allowed to trade in, so I could make traders dedicated to only selling.

P.S. Oh, and once you've somehow filled the hole with engine parts and smart chips, next in line to stop the shipyards is going to be the scanning arrays. What will come after those? Ah, the wonders of capitalism... :roll:

Kamuchi_
x4

Post by Kamuchi_ » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 18:31

It looks like it just got fixed so removed the mod for now to see if it sticks, I am definitely keeping your mod on my desktop to plot back in at the first sign of problems though :lol:
Thank you for coming to the rescue by giving us some play time back MegaJohnny, much appricated!
Spoiler
Show

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 18:42

Kamuchi_ wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 18:31
It looks like it just got fixed so removed the mod for now to see if it sticks, I am definitely keeping your mod on my desktop to plot back in at the first sign of problems though :lol:
Thank you for coming to the rescue by giving us some play time back MegaJohnny, much appricated!
Spoiler
Show
I'm going to do the same thing :) will keep the mod up and keep the suggestions in mind, but I've decided to keep it just off Nexusmods.

Is that image from beta 4? :o it might take a while for the stocks to recover, so bear that in mind...

Kamuchi_
x4

Post by Kamuchi_ » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 18:55

MegaJohnny wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 18:42
I'm going to do the same thing :) will keep the mod up and keep the suggestions in mind, but I've decided to keep it just off Nexusmods.

Is that image from beta 4? :o it might take a while for the stocks to recover, so bear that in mind...
Yep is from 1.50b4 and that they may take a while to recover is fine, atleast the storage is fixed as you can see from the hull parts bar expanding to the size of the buy order.
Nexus is nice for permanent mods, not temporary solutions and I guess 1.50 will go to the main branch maybe tomorrow if no reports come in :)

I really need to build 50 hull part factories fast, the shortage galaxy wide is massive lol

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:15

After putting this mod on while sitting in the Argon Wharf at Argon Prime, suddenly 5 Mercury's started building... So clearly something was bottlenecking the build process..

Which is very surprising, because I use 10x storage mod along with my own One Unit Wares, so they had over several thousand (at least) of every resource, and up to several hundred thousand of some others :S
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

Varien101

Post by Varien101 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:24

Beta 4, problem fixed blah blah blah.

Negative lmao. It doesn't matter what they change if the NPC auto trader AI is the same as the player auto trader AI. If 8 of your 10 transports are moving 2 engine parts, the 9th trader is moving 20 energy cells, and the 3rd one has impressed you with hauling 300 smart chips?

That means the of the argons 200 traders, 160 traders are moving 2 engine parts, 20 traders are moving 20 energy cells, and the final 20 are impressing themselves with there 300 smart chip loads.

I'm watching a streamer (good streamer) who has 200 transports and his EC balance due is 18 million.

I have Tatertrader (which does NOT cheat) with 15 large transports making 15 million EC balance due.

Meow, what does this mean? They've literally fixed nothing because nothing in the galaxy is being moved, hence the reason this mod is necessary IMO.

Kamuchi_
x4

Post by Kamuchi_ » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:31

Varien101 wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:24

Negative lmao. It doesn't matter what they change if the NPC auto trader AI is the same as the player auto trader AI. If 8 of your 10 transports are moving 2 engine parts, the 9th trader is moving 20 energy cells, and the 3rd one has impressed you with hauling 300 smart chips?

That means the of the argons 200 traders, 160 traders are moving 2 engine parts, 20 traders are moving 20 energy cells, and the final 20 are impressing themselves with there 300 smart chip loads.

I'm watching a streamer (good streamer) who has 200 transports and his EC balance due is 18 million.

I have Tatertrader (which does NOT cheat) with 15 large transports making 15 million EC balance due.

Meow, what does this mean? They've literally fixed nothing because nothing in the galaxy is being moved, hence the reason this mod is necessary IMO.
and that's an entirely different problem.

Spacecop42
x4

Post by Spacecop42 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:32

Varien101 wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:24

It means they fixed the storage bug, not the trader bug

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:34

Still, if the traders are the only thing going wrong now, that's a big improvement.

Varien101

Post by Varien101 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:57

hmmm... If 2 people say i'm wrong so quickly.. I must be wrong lol. I don't understand why but I'll accept this consensus =P

Spacecop42
x4

Post by Spacecop42 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:58

Varien101 wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:57
hmmm... If 2 people say i'm wrong so quickly.. I must be wrong lol. I don't understand why but I'll accept this consensus =P
You aren't wrong, it's just a different problem

Kamuchi_
x4

Post by Kamuchi_ » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 20:10

Varien101 wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:57
You aren't wrong, just on the wrong topic :lol:
This issue was with the station storage being full, so if the station needed 5000 hull parts but only had 1000 with a full storage, the station would stop buying hull parts and manual trading would also be impossible so all ships in the production queue got stuck in limbo.
This mod basically just cheated in the missing resources so ships could be produced when there was a queue.

The trader issue is with traders just looking for the nearest stations and haul 20 units is the other problem and that's where TaterTrader comes in for the player ships so they don't fly around for 10 units at a time.
As we can wield a large trader fleet, we can compensate for the npc traders with limited galaxy traders for the important items, rest is for the devs to fix :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”