[MOD] Faction Battleships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Blackscorp_81
x4

[MOD] Faction Battleships

Post by Blackscorp_81 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 13:45

This mod adds Battleships to each of the main factions of the game.
I have used the resupplier-models to build these ships.

These Battleships are now patrolling various sectors and can be build at shipyards.

This mod should have a good impact on economy due to all the ships getting destroyed by battleships. This should lead to much more ships being rebuild.

Mod should be safe to add to with existing savegames. But removing the mod could cause problems.

Translations are made using stupid Google translator.

this is my 1st mod ever for any of the X-Games... so please... don't kill me rigth away :P

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/158

install this mod into your "steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\extensions\" folder

Details:

Argon Nomad-BB
max speed 107m/s
hull 656000
3x XL-Shield
6x L-Turrets
20x M-Turrets
30x Drones
121 Crew
400 Missiles
4000 Cargo
M-capacity 3
S-capacity 8

Paranid Atlas-BB
max speed 163m/s
hull 530000
3x XL-Shield
6x L-Turrets
19x M-Turrets
30x Drones
148 Crew
400 Missiles
3000 Cargo
M-capacity 3
S-capacity 8

Teladi Stork-BB
max speed 131m/s
hull 695000
3x XL-Shield
6x L-Turrets
18x M-Turrets
30x Drones
151 Crew
400 Missiles
7500 Cargo
M-capacity 6
S-capacity 8
Last edited by Blackscorp_81 on Wed, 19. Dec 18, 14:35, edited 2 times in total.

Scotto-82
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction Battleships

Post by Scotto-82 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 13:50

Details, Screenshots, this sounds great, but you gotta SELL IT ;-)

rusky
x4

Post by rusky » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 14:11

Woo Battleships! Thank you this looks awesome!

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 15:26

one new ship for each faction..its a start

Kalantris

Post by Kalantris » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 15:30

Looks absolutely awesome. I guess it's the missing models of the supply ships?

I hope AI builds them as well. And in mass. My engine parts factories are waiting to fill the black hole those mammoths are going to make in storages of all shipyards.

Blackscorp_81
x4

Post by Blackscorp_81 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 15:42

Kalantris wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 15:30
Looks absolutely awesome. I guess it's the missing models of the supply ships?

I hope AI builds them as well. And in mass. My engine parts factories are waiting to fill the black hole those mammoths are going to make in storages of all shipyards.
AI is building them as well... but max 10 per faction / max one per sector (don't want to spam the galaxy because these things are powerful and would otherwise have to much of an impact)

aerojet029
x4

Post by aerojet029 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:01

fantastic mod,

just a personal critique, not a fan of the argon ship (just by looks)

Bladerunner1971
x4

Post by Bladerunner1971 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:11

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. Can the player acquire one, or all, of these at any point, by purchase or capture? I think they would be a blast to try to capture... pardon the pun. :)

Blackscorp_81
x4

Post by Blackscorp_81 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:28

Bladerunner1971 wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:11
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. Can the player acquire one, or all, of these at any point, by purchase or capture? I think they would be a blast to try to capture... pardon the pun. :)
Yes. The player can build these ships as soon as he got the Capital-License needed by the Owner-Faction. The ships can be build at player-owned Shipyards of carmaster's mod "Player Owned Ship Production" as well. In terms of boarding... it's possible... but should be a challenge. To be honest, i didn't try it. But with a max capacity of over 100 Crew and all the Guns it's fun for sure.

Bladerunner1971
x4

Post by Bladerunner1971 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:48

Blackscorp_81 wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:28
Bladerunner1971 wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:11
Yes. The player can build these ships as soon as he got the Capital-License needed by the Owner-Faction. The ships can be build at player-owned Shipyards of carmaster's mod "Player Owned Ship Production" as well. In terms of boarding... it's possible... but should be a challenge. To be honest, i didn't try it. But with a max capacity of over 100 Crew and all the Guns it's fun for sure.
Awesome! Thanks again. Now I'm off to seek out one of these beauties, and send my rag-tag fleet to their deaths, in order to satisfy my megalomaniacal desires! ...ahem, with as few casualties as possible of course...

jmattspartacus2

Post by jmattspartacus2 » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 01:57

Love the mod, any plans for supercarrier variants? I tend to like to use a lot of fighters to shieldbust and screen enemy fighters, and having them docked between fights helps with performance hugely.

I noticed you making a comment about people having trouble extracting .rar files on your nexus page, you might try suggesting them to use 7zip, it's free and really reliable https://www.7-zip.org/

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 02:01

OP, you are doing god's work. Thank you for this mod.

Procellus
x4

Post by Procellus » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 08:41

I can't get this mod to work. I have it in the right folder. I've tried it without having any other mods. Is anyone else having issues starting their game with this mod?

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 10:04

Procellus wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 08:41
I can't get this mod to work. I have it in the right folder. I've tried it without having any other mods. Is anyone else having issues starting their game with this mod?
Do you see it in your extensios menu ingame?

I like your mod, keep up the good work!

Procellus
x4

Post by Procellus » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 10:58

I can't even start the game to take a look

Kalantris

Post by Kalantris » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 11:01

This mod is a really good start to rebalancing things in general. What I would love with it is seriously nerfing carriers turret-wise while increasing their fighter and drone capacity as battleships take their role as the heavy-hitters. Carriers could be limited to small turrets for anti-fighter close combat support and anti-missile support (sometime in the future when turrets can actually shoot missiles) while battleships with destroyer support would be the hammer of the fleet.

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 16:44

I'm not a fan of outright copy and pasting ships with different stats.
Those are the models of the XL traders, by teh way, in case anyone was wondering: viewtopic.php?p=4802596

Blackscorp_81
x4

Post by Blackscorp_81 » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 17:10

carmaster wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 16:44
Those are the models of the XL traders, by teh way, in case anyone was wondering: viewtopic.php?p=4802596
wow... not only came here to talk others mod bad, but also not being capable of
1. reading description (it's mentioned in description which models i used)
2. giving correct information. It's not XL-Traders, it's the Resupplier-Models i used. (Models that so far have not been implemented into the game for some reason)

If u are not interested, just don't use it. And if u have proper, constructive criticism, go on, i'll take it. But please... leave me alone with those useless comments and your self-advertising in other threads.

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 17:38

Blackscorp_81 wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 17:10
carmaster wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 16:44
wow... not only came here to talk others mod bad, but also not being capable of
1. reading description (it's mentioned in description which models i used)
2. giving correct information. It's not XL-Traders, it's the Resupplier-Models i used. (Models that so far have not been implemented into the game for some reason)

If u are not interested, just don't use it. And if u have proper, constructive criticism, go on, i'll take it. But please... leave me alone with those useless comments and your self-advertising in other threads.
Resuppliers are by definition XL traders (they are class "ship_xl" and purpose "trade") and are fully implemented in game, they are just missing their "ship" tag on their ware.
I did give you my opinion, which is that I don't like copy and pastes of the game's base models with just stats changes, the link was just to explain where the ships are from since that explanation is on the OP.

Kalantris

Post by Kalantris » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 23:25

carmaster wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 17:38
Resuppliers are by definition XL traders (they are class "ship_xl" and purpose "trade") and are fully implemented in game, they are just missing their "ship" tag on their ware.
I did give you my opinion, which is that I don't like copy and pastes of the game's base models with just stats changes, the link was just to explain where the ships are from since that explanation is on the OP.
Dude, I have no idea where your negativity comes from. The game was in dire need of serious capital ships and there were some unused assets, which could be used in the meantime before we get our new toys in vanilla. I love the designs and I'm dying to test them out as soon as I get the credits to buy one (not just there yet on my current save, but getting close). Also they were clearly not XML traders, most of the stuff was placeholder for them, which is probably where the purpose comes from - it had to parse somehow. Since the game is clearly designed around multiple small ships with capital support rather than capital battles it's not much of a stretch to expect them to be resupply ships, that carry ammunition for the fighters and frigates. Perhaps even for other capital ships with the use of cargo drones.

Actually I can't wait for them to be implemented as resuppliers.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”