[MOD] Faction Battleships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Kalantris

Re: [MOD] Faction Battleships

Post by Kalantris » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 11:01

This mod is a really good start to rebalancing things in general. What I would love with it is seriously nerfing carriers turret-wise while increasing their fighter and drone capacity as battleships take their role as the heavy-hitters. Carriers could be limited to small turrets for anti-fighter close combat support and anti-missile support (sometime in the future when turrets can actually shoot missiles) while battleships with destroyer support would be the hammer of the fleet.

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 16:44

I'm not a fan of outright copy and pasting ships with different stats.
Those are the models of the XL traders, by teh way, in case anyone was wondering: viewtopic.php?p=4802596

Blackscorp_81
x4

Post by Blackscorp_81 » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 17:10

carmaster wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 16:44
Those are the models of the XL traders, by teh way, in case anyone was wondering: viewtopic.php?p=4802596
wow... not only came here to talk others mod bad, but also not being capable of
1. reading description (it's mentioned in description which models i used)
2. giving correct information. It's not XL-Traders, it's the Resupplier-Models i used. (Models that so far have not been implemented into the game for some reason)

If u are not interested, just don't use it. And if u have proper, constructive criticism, go on, i'll take it. But please... leave me alone with those useless comments and your self-advertising in other threads.

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 17:38

Blackscorp_81 wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 17:10
carmaster wrote:
2. giving correct information. It's not XL-Traders, it's the Resupplier-Models i used. (Models that so far have not been implemented into the game for some reason)

If u are not interested, just don't use it. And if u have proper, constructive criticism, go on, i'll take it. But please... leave me alone with those useless comments and your self-advertising in other threads.
Resuppliers are by definition XL traders (they are class "ship_xl" and purpose "trade") and are fully implemented in game, they are just missing their "ship" tag on their ware.
I did give you my opinion, which is that I don't like copy and pastes of the game's base models with just stats changes, the link was just to explain where the ships are from since that explanation is on the OP.

Kalantris

Post by Kalantris » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 23:25

carmaster wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 17:38
Resuppliers are by definition XL traders (they are class "ship_xl" and purpose "trade") and are fully implemented in game, they are just missing their "ship" tag on their ware.
I did give you my opinion, which is that I don't like copy and pastes of the game's base models with just stats changes, the link was just to explain where the ships are from since that explanation is on the OP.
Dude, I have no idea where your negativity comes from. The game was in dire need of serious capital ships and there were some unused assets, which could be used in the meantime before we get our new toys in vanilla. I love the designs and I'm dying to test them out as soon as I get the credits to buy one (not just there yet on my current save, but getting close). Also they were clearly not XML traders, most of the stuff was placeholder for them, which is probably where the purpose comes from - it had to parse somehow. Since the game is clearly designed around multiple small ships with capital support rather than capital battles it's not much of a stretch to expect them to be resupply ships, that carry ammunition for the fighters and frigates. Perhaps even for other capital ships with the use of cargo drones.

Actually I can't wait for them to be implemented as resuppliers.

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 02:01

carmaster wrote:
Blackscorp_81 wrote:
carmaster wrote:

You might as well get use to only copy and paste models, go look at x-rebirth, theres virtually no new models in that game, x-rebirth's engines and x4's engine make it VERY hard to import new models. So if you don't like it change it yourself. Don't come onto another person's thread and shit on their work when you yourself have done nothing.
"We are the middle children of History. Born too late to explore the earth, born to early to explore the stars."

"Time is the fire in which we burn"

Reaper's Mod Index

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 04:53

Reaperxvii wrote:
Sat, 22. Dec 18, 02:01
carmaster wrote:
Blackscorp_81 wrote:

You might as well get use to only copy and paste models, go look at x-rebirth, theres virtually no new models in that game, x-rebirth's engines and x4's engine make it VERY hard to import new models. So if you don't like it change it yourself. Don't come onto another person's thread and shit on their work when you yourself have done nothing.
HAHAHAH, I have done nothing? I would say half of this forum would disagree with you but that's not the point.
The point is that even in Rebirth ships were at least kitted and worked on a bit, and we have already seen some of that work in X4 by other people. Feel free to use this mod if you like it, I am just stating my opinion, which is pretty much what a DISCUSSION forum is for. If the only thing you care about are thumbs up and a pat on the back, you might as well post it on nexus and not on a forum.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 05:08

Let's be careful not to devolve to personal attacks, which this thread may be heading to. Keep comments on topic.

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 05:47

carmaster wrote:
Sat, 22. Dec 18, 04:53
Reaperxvii wrote:
Sat, 22. Dec 18, 02:01
carmaster wrote:

HAHAHAH, I have done nothing? I would say half of this forum would disagree with you but that's not the point.
The point is that even in Rebirth ships were at least kitted and worked on a bit, and we have already seen some of that work in X4 by other people. Feel free to use this mod if you like it, I am just stating my opinion, which is pretty much what a DISCUSSION forum is for. If the only thing you care about are thumbs up and a pat on the back, you might as well post it on nexus and not on a forum.
I sincerely apologize, I was in a foul mood and took it out upon you. I fully agree re-birth ships were MUCH better then x4's, why egosoft made x4 ships extremely bland is behold me and one of the biggest let downs for me in this game. Nevermind if you compare the two textually.
"We are the middle children of History. Born too late to explore the earth, born to early to explore the stars."

"Time is the fire in which we burn"

Reaper's Mod Index

walkedav
x4

Post by walkedav » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 07:08

I've been using this a little while now. F-ING AWESOME! I love it! the bridges are fantastic, ships are powerful and very fun to chug through systems knowing I can blast everything to pieces! :D

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 12:25

Is this compatible with weapons and shield rebalance mod?

Blackscorp_81
x4

Post by Blackscorp_81 » Mon, 24. Dec 18, 01:02

ApoxNM wrote:
Sun, 23. Dec 18, 12:25
Is this compatible with weapons and shield rebalance mod?
Should be compatible. But i don't know, how balanced it will be.

Procellus
x4

Post by Procellus » Mon, 24. Dec 18, 01:31

So this mod still doesn't work for me. I put it in the correct folder and the game won't start. On the Nexus thread a guy with the same problem said he's running win7. I'm running win7 too. Could the OS he causing these problems?

Blackscorp_81
x4

Post by Blackscorp_81 » Mon, 24. Dec 18, 11:16

As far as i know, there are a lot of Win7 users having problems with mods. I don't know what is causing them, but yes it might be possible.
Since i have no idea whats the matter with these problems, i can't help u on this one.

boogieman335
x4

Post by boogieman335 » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 06:45

I read in another forum that people with win 7 that mods won't work for them in the extensions folder. Win 7 users have to put it in their user/egosoft/ x4/nnnn/ folder or something to that effect. Their is a thread on here somewhere about it. Apparently the Dev original intent was to have the mods put there. I use Win 10 and have had no problems loading any mods just using the Extension folder though so I can't say for sure about the location to use in Win 7.

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 12:59

The issue with Win7 is for mods that add new gamecontent AND are in loose files. They need to be put in .cat/.dat files, and then all is fine. Aside from that, either Win7/Steam language or a mix of the two seem to also affect how finicky the game is when loading the content.xml mod descriptor: it needs to have all the language ids specified, even if only with placeholders, and some things as silly as it breaking just because there's one extra empty space after the </content> closing tag can happen too.

Procellus
x4

Post by Procellus » Wed, 26. Dec 18, 15:23

Is this something I can fix myself? Someone with no coding skills?

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Wed, 26. Dec 18, 19:01

I have win 7, a ton of mods and they all work fine.

Blackscorp_81
x4

Post by Blackscorp_81 » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 07:47

Procellus wrote:
Wed, 26. Dec 18, 15:23
Is this something I can fix myself? Someone with no coding skills?
Did u try the newest version 1.2? That version should at least eliminate most of the issues caused by localization-files and different OS like Win7.

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 21:34

REQUEST: Moar dakka!

The Nomad needs more small guns on its side. Right now there looks to be like just one pair in each corner.

Also needs more larger turrets to give it a better coverage. Use the top curvature to get a bigger angle on em.

The models look nice in their battleship form but since these are outright god-ships, make em such. I had no problem what so ever capturing one with just taking out the turrets in a Nemesis.

Better turret-coverage and these can go one-on-one with the Xenon I

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”